PDA

View Full Version : Not exactly a motorcycle, but issues with my pitbike!

Romeo
06-27-2011, 10:28 PM
It's a SDG pitbike with the Lifan 125cc motor. I replaced the factory stator setup with an inner rotor kit because the chain took out the old one.... :no: I installed the new inner rotor kit, cdi, and wired it all up and no spark! The new motor has only around 4 hrs on it now and its getting fuel, just no spark. I've yet to check the air gap on the stator and flywheel, but it's not far off. I've got everything wired correctly though. Does anyone know of any other things i could check? What about checking voltage and all from the stator? What should it be? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

h22 jones
07-04-2011, 11:29 PM
If you bring it by the shop i can help you but hard to tell you what to do. I used to work on four wheelers,jey skies ,boats hell everything before i opened the shop. Odds are its in the wiring . Have you checked to see if you got fire at the coil ? I cut my sons china 50 off and tryed to crank it ten minutes later no fire . I checked everything and it all checked out so i changed the wiring harness runs fine just one of them thinds man. Then i sold it lol but its still running.

Romeo
07-05-2011, 09:55 PM
All of the wiring should be correct. I've checked over it a bunch already, but i haven't checked it over with a multi-meter or anything. I need to set the gap on the stator pick-up. What time do you stay up there until? I don't get off of work until at least 5:30. But i'd really appreciate the help.