PDA

View Full Version : FML!!

1moreaccord
06-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Everyone's entitled to vent once in a while right?

So why the balls do I have to suffer truck tires that shred an strike my car?! The crack heads should be responsible.. I didn't realize the piece of tire that hit my car on I-75 ripped my lip in half. Yes it's an ebay lip but why do would I want to buy a 2nd one?!!!

Pics -
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz153/1moreaccord88/image-1.jpg

j0nbunklah0m
06-25-2011, 11:47 AM
So why the balls do I have to suffer truck tires that shred an strike my car?! <<<<< what?

RBS
06-25-2011, 11:54 AM
the fact that you lost 3" in 3 hours is more interesting.

quickdodge®
06-25-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm only quoting the part of your post that made any sense.

Yes it's an ebay lip but why do would I want to buy a 2nd one?!!!

Because the one on your car is ripped in half. Later, QD.

Doppelgänger
06-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Maybe you should pay attention to the road. See how low my bumper is in my sig pic? Been rolling like this for 3 years with a fiberglass bumper and have not hit any shit like that...

1moreaccord
06-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Lol obviously I am not being clear..

1. I am driving on the interstate.
2. A semi 10-15 cars ahead blows a tire.
3. The shredded parts of the tire fly in different directions.
4. A jeep grand Cherokee hits one of the chunks and kicks it up at my car as I'm trying to avoid it.
5. The shredded piece of tire catches my lip and drags it underneath my left front tire ripping it in half! It sucks!

quickdodge®
06-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Well who are the "crackheads" that should be responsible? Later, QD.

1moreaccord
06-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Lol the crackheads to me represent either the driver if he is a privateer or the shipping company!

Who in turn can blame tire manufacturers if they want.. I Should not be liable for the damage.. I wonder if insurance agrees..

quickdodge®
06-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Lol the crackheads to me represent either the driver if he is a privateer or the shipping company!

Who in turn can blame tire manufacturers if they want.. I Should not be liable for the damage.. I wonder if insurance agrees..

If the blowout was not because of negligence, then you should be on your own. Why should the truck driver or company pay for your shit to be fixed if you weren't paying attention? Shit happens, man. I speak from experience. Later, QD.

1moreaccord
06-25-2011, 07:24 PM
4. A jeep grand Cherokee hits one of the chunks and kicks it up at my car as I'm trying to avoid it.

No worries! I watched the debris the whole time, I wanted to avoid it, however a grand Cherokee ahead of me ran over it and threw it into my car thus the damage.

Anyways - is it not his fault? If my tail light fell out and shattered someone's windshield who's to blame? If it was stock oem and not negligent on my part?

[3000gt20s]
07-01-2011, 09:50 PM
that sucks... if the truckers tire blew in front of you thats not his fault... but if its been sitting in the middle of the road for 2 weeks thats GDOT's fault..

[3000gt20s]
07-01-2011, 09:52 PM

bro, those truckers drive so many miles a day, let me school you with alittle bit of physic, heat and pressure make a big BOOM!!!

Drummerboy
07-25-2011, 04:11 PM
I have an ebay lip for a 4th gen prelude. Should fit. Never mounted, still sitting in my room in the plastic. Want to buy it?

1moreaccord
07-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Is it polyurethane? And what style? Mugen - or Type R? PM'ed

StarBwoy
07-29-2011, 11:30 PM
if that waz my car i would have to buy a hole new front end lol. livin the low life

greasemunkey
08-04-2011, 08:36 AM
try hitting a freight truck tire that fell off of the back of a used tire truck going 80mph sending me into a world of pissed off I have never been before. (the truck kept going, I had liability, and I had just got a 700 dollar christmas bonus that day, guess where that went?) your ebay lip problem is god slapping you for going to ebay...

98blackcivic
08-05-2011, 04:20 PM
this happened to me once...i dont have a lip...and i ran over shredded tire...nothing happened..

ITS OK!!! just get another lip...