PDA

View Full Version : General Chat auto loan tips

ChnkyLao
06-23-2011, 09:42 AM
ok ive been looking at buying a used car for a while now and i think i found one i want at a private dealer in high point, north carolina

its a 98 sc300 for 5.5k,

5.5k isnt much so imagine getting this loan wont be hard, but it will be my first one. any tips? I have 2 jobs that bring an income of atleast 300 a week, my credit is probably ok or bad. I'm not sure where to even get one or best places to start looking for one, any advice?

how about where to get a student loan

Sammich
06-23-2011, 12:53 PM
go to a credit union

civicturbo10
06-24-2011, 08:51 PM
student loan - http://www.clarkhoward.com/education-resources/ alot of links in there. if it gets confusing call them, they can help you. all free.

car loan - i though banks wouldn't loan on anything older than 7 yrs. Just get your financing in place before you buy so you can negotiate on the price of the car. Doesn't make sense to get car if you don't have the financing in place. I highly recommend not getting the loan where you buy car from either. A buddy of mine bought a S2k for 33k and with financing it was 55k in payments over 6 yrs, honda dealership totally ripped him a new one on his first brand new car. GL and let us know how it turns out.

civicturbo10
06-24-2011, 08:53 PM
student loan - http://www.clarkhoward.com/education-resources/ alot of links in there. if it gets confusing call them, they can help you. all free.

car loan - i though banks wouldn't loan on anything older than 7 yrs. Just get your financing in place before you buy so you can negotiate on the price of the car. Doesn't make sense to get car if you don't have the financing in place. I highly recommend not getting the loan where you buy car from either. A buddy of mine bought a S2k for 33k and with financing it was 55k in total payments over 6 yrs, honda dealership totally ripped him a new one on his first brand new car. I've seen worse so... GL and let us know how it turns out.