PDA

View Full Version : Misc Any Runners??

SLOWR/T
06-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Any runners in here looking to do a half marathon or a marathon? I just completed my first half marathon this past Saturday. I am looking to do may first marathon in Oct and would like ot find someone to train with or at least to run a long distance with on Sundays. I train at mid 9 to 10 minutes pace and ran my race at 8:50 pace.

ISAtlanta300
06-22-2011, 12:55 PM
I only do 5K at the moment. Will let you know when I "graduate" to half marathons....

SLOWR/T
06-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Well I just started running this year (end of January). I did two 5K's then a half now I want to do a marathon. This is the training program that I am going to follow. Oct 2 I plan to do a half in north Atl and Oct 30 is the marathon in Atl. Just start increasing your miles and you will begin to "graduate" :goodjob:
http://www.halhigdon.com/marathon/novice2.htm

Mr Egg Rollllll
06-22-2011, 02:55 PM
I wish I had the time to train for a marathon...I've just been sticking to 5k runs whenever I can.

First 5k in awhile timed at 21 minutes 16 seconds. I've definitely lost some steps, so I might try and get it back down to 18 minutes by Oct/Nov.

SLOWR/T
06-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Thats some pretty good 5K times. Fastest I have done one is low 25's (my second one). I have a very tight schedule, I work 8-5 M,W-F, have class 6-10 M-F and work Sat 8-3 so my running is at night after class during the week. Sunday's are my LSD (long slow distance) days.

ISAtlanta300
06-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Where do you run at on Sunday's? I may not be able to keep up but would be nice to meet new people with similar sporting interest....

SLOWR/T
06-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Use to go to Stone Mountain but my brother is going to be running with me so we are looking to meet somewhere between Canton and my apt off 85. I'll shoot you a PM when we figure it out if you want to meet up and run.

Mr Egg Rollllll
07-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Thats some pretty good 5K times. Fastest I have done one is low 25's (my second one). I have a very tight schedule, I work 8-5 M,W-F, have class 6-10 M-F and work Sat 8-3 so my running is at night after class during the week. Sunday's are my LSD (long slow distance) days.

Thanks, I try to stay as active as I can. 25's aren't bad, loads of room for improvement. It's awesome watching your times steadily drop. I completely understand, I work 50+ hours a week usually 7:30AM-7PM. Instead of running at night, try running before work. I know it requires getting up earlier, but the benefits, to me, are better. Running at night can keep you awake when you go to bed.