PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been to...

quickdodgeŽ
06-19-2011, 08:25 AM
The antique looking shops on 10th (I think) avenue? I remember getting off 185 at exit 2 (Veteran's Pkwy?) and making a right and going down several miles. Seems there is a cemetery on the right where you turn onto what I think is 10th Avenue. Just on the right is some sort of flea market looking area with statues outside? Anyone familiar with this place? If so, is it a cool spot to check out some old stuff?

Thanks. Later, QD.

-EnVus-
06-19-2011, 09:21 AM
My brother lives around that area and goes there all the time I knew the name just can't think at the moment. It's a pretty nice place for antiques lots of older ppl at that flea market. I first went there in my younger days looking at an old mans pistols he was selling from WW1

kte324
06-19-2011, 09:59 PM
I've been there before back in the day with my mom, can't really remember much. I don't know what your looking for, but you could check out the new antique mall/flea market. It's pretty big and has a lot of old stuff. It is on the north side of veterans, if you want directions let me know.

noridetoolow
06-20-2011, 08:03 AM
I've been there before back in the day with my mom, can't really remember much. I don't know what your looking for, but you could check out the new antique mall/flea market. It's pretty big and has a lot of old stuff. It is on the north side of veterans, if you want directions let me know.

Yeah this place is just a couple minutes from where I live and its freaking HUGE! Its an old warehouse or something and the parking lot is slammed every weekend (granted it just opened a few weeks ago). Its about 5 minutes off the interstate on the north side of town so you dont end up having to travel far into Columbus if you didnt want to.

As for the place your referring to QD, that sounds like the south side of town, and I believe I know the place your asking about though Ive never been in there, they used to have one or more OLD cars\trucks parked out front as well. Directly behind it is a farmers market...... Its actually on (or rather JUST off) Victory Drive but only about 3/4 mile of the south end of Veterans Pkwy (which runs from north Columbus to South Columbus ). Not sure if its still there as its on the opposite side of town that most of us live on but perhaps someone lives close enough to ride down there or will be on that side of town. If I get the time or happen to be down that way in the next few days Ill check it out and let you know.

quickdodgeŽ
06-20-2011, 10:43 AM
As for the place your referring to QD, that sounds like the south side of town, and I believe I know the place your asking about though Ive never been in there, they used to have one or more OLD cars\trucks parked out front as well. Directly behind it is a farmers market...... Its actually on (or rather JUST off) Victory Drive but only about 3/4 mile of the south end of Veterans Pkwy (which runs from north Columbus to South Columbus ). Not sure if its still there as its on the opposite side of town that most of us live on but perhaps someone lives close enough to ride down there or will be on that side of town. If I get the time or happen to be down that way in the next few days Ill check it out and let you know.

Victory Drive is the road I mean, not Veteran's. Thanks. It is indeed the place with the old cars parked out front. Later, QD.

-S Double C-
06-20-2011, 05:49 PM
my fiancee has been to every atique place within 100 miles of here probably lol she loves going to thift stores/malls and stuff

justnprsh07
06-21-2011, 06:17 AM
Ive been there many times... They actualy do car shows and meets there like once a mounth for the older cars

GetFRESH!
06-21-2011, 08:35 PM
I work at the Jeep Dodge Chrysler dealership right by the place you're referring to, so I pass it every single day lol. Only been there once with the old lady... Pretty cool place. Not so much a "flea" market as it is an Antique mall. A lot of really old pieces, really historic stuff. They also have one of the largest collections of old-school metal lunchboxes in the area. I'm talkin like original Star Wars and goofy ass 70's tv show lunchboxes. Haha. Lots of old signs, decorations and random nic-nac type shit. Prices are a lil ridiculous, but like I said, its labeled "Antique"... Meaning they can jack up prices, but still a pretty decent place to wander around. Right up the street is Joey's thrift mall, which I hear is definitely worth checking out, and Front Porch Of The South (mentioned in an above post), which is far north end of Veterans pkwy, is a huge brand new place they just opened up and looks very promising.

quickdodgeŽ
06-21-2011, 08:44 PM
my fiancee has been to every atique place within 100 miles of here probably lol she loves going to thift stores/malls and stuff

That's the kind of shit I'm looking for. Every time you go to a damn flea market now, it's filled up with cell phone stores, furniture shops, fake clothesshops and hair salons. The fuck?

A lot of really old pieces, really historic stuff. They also have one of the largest collections of old-school metal lunchboxes in the area. I'm talkin like original Star Wars and goofy ass 70's tv show lunchboxes. Haha. Lots of old signs, decorations and random nic-nac type shit. Prices are a lil ridiculous, but like I said, its labeled "Antique"...

That's that shit, dude. Thanks! I actually went to Columbus today, right past the place but didn't have time to stop. Later, QD.

Echonova
06-21-2011, 09:41 PM
LOL... I was in Columbus today as well. Gonna be in the Columbus area M-F for the next 3 weeks.

LIKEG6
06-27-2011, 07:28 PM
What yall boys be creepin down here in columbus for?

jfryer496
06-29-2011, 11:38 AM
place looks cool.. they did have a old school powerwagon out front. ride by the other day and they have a old school badass mac

madwick
07-04-2011, 05:35 PM
yall are mixing up the 2 places. there is a flea market down off victory drive across from the softball field and civic center. the other on is the new antique mall that opened up thursday before mother's day. QD you saw the flea market which has tons of stuff, some of the other guys are reffering to the new antique mall. it's north on veteran's parkway. hope some of this helps

slimjim
07-07-2011, 06:52 PM
the one with the old cars is actually on 10th ave 1 block before it dumps into victory dr

draggbody
07-12-2011, 10:37 PM
you should check out country boys on victory dr... he has alot of old VWs...