PDA

View Full Version : Misc want real racing, no more nascar

EJ25RUN
11-22-2005, 10:47 PM
i used to watch speed alot, that was until nascar took over. now you turn on

speed and some lame form of nascar shows up. :(

i mean those great days of F1, Motogp, and WRC only come so often.

i want to get european or australian tv, that way i can see

Formula 3, Australian v8 supercars, DTM, super gt, super takiyu, and more.

just no more carburated, pushrod fake-realwheel-driven domesto shits goin

round and round in circles for 3 hours. :2up:

anybody else wanna turn on speed and see a car turn right more often?

David88vert
11-23-2005, 06:38 AM
Advertisers pay Speed to show ads to NASCAR viewers, so we can expect SPeed to continue to become a full-time NASCRAP channel. It sucks...

KNHTRDR
11-23-2005, 04:11 PM
And all the other stuff only comes on madd late/early in the morning sometimes on Sundays. Shouldn't the nascar season be over soon?

Negrodamus
11-24-2005, 02:48 PM
Formula 3, Australian v8 supercars, DTM, super gt, super takiyu, and more.

you can catch it on Speed if you stay up at like 3am on every other tuesday on the 3rd week of every fourth month of the year.

chrisdavis
11-24-2005, 07:25 PM
And all the other stuff only comes on madd late/early in the morning sometimes on Sundays. Shouldn't the nascar season be over soon?

The season ended last Sunday. Nascar is second only to football in viewership, so they are taken very seriously as a demographic.

Speedm0(\)key
11-26-2005, 03:11 AM
The season ended last Sunday. Nascar is second only to football in viewership, so they are taken very seriously as a demographic.

= we have too many fucking rednecks wasting our oxygen

soxfan30
11-26-2005, 08:30 AM
we have too many fucking rednecks wasting our oxygen

Agreed. Being from the North, we never understood the big deal about Nascar, and being down here now, I still don't get it.

civic95
12-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Start your own tv station and show those 3 all the time. Watch how quickly you'll fail. Not to take anything away from those 3 forms of racing, but americans don't fall in love with it. We want to watch people from our own town, our own state. Seriously how much do you know about Schumacher? You might know where hes from, when he started racing, etc but thats it. Thats what those series are missing. You never "get to know" the driver. Nascar fans are able to feel like they really know the drivers. You learn more about them then just stats. You see their families, their hobbies, you can get a handshake and autograph. Nascar is not just rednecks. Go to the California race, and count the rednecks one day. Or go to Dover, Delaware and count them. Nascar is followed by big business now. The audience is full of CEO's, and management from major corporations these days.

Speed knows what they are doing. Even if you don't like it, and I don't like it.

Think of it this way. Would you rather have 1 million viewers watching nascar nation, or 50,000 watching a AU Supercar race? To many people forget Speed is a business. They are after $$$$ more than anything else. If they could play topless women all day and make more they would.

BTW, who wants to watch a bunch of guys in tights hitting a ball with a stick, and running around in a diamond all day? Being from the South we never understood all that. <--- thats how you sound

EJ25RUN
12-06-2005, 08:07 AM
^ fair arguement, but the reason i am one of the few people that can watch

an entire auto race for 3 or more hours is because i am one who is facinated

with true driving skill, the worlds best engines, and worlds best racetracks.

If an american auto racer were to succeed in europe. It could become

another Lance Armstrong story. With the publicity, the popularity for the

sport would grow.

Most Nascar fans arn't fans for the racing!!!

I ask many nascar fans often and they saw their primary interest is really the

drivers lives, none of them have a clue of what happens on the racetrack as

long as pretty boy Earnharth wins.

It goes deeper than this, Nascar is the last sport "some people" feel is there's

if you know what i mean :eek: .

Meaning no foreigners of any kind. People, cars, whatever.

Last year a nascar race was run in mexico. it was on a road course and i

really enjoyed it as they were road racing just with nascar like vehicles. I

asked a regular nascar fan what she thought about the sport growing and she

said it wasn't necessary and would ruin nascar when in fact it was growing.

And the whole Toyota business, toyota was booed when they won their first

race in the truck series. Not to mention the people that pleeded for them not

to compete.

Its like the civil rights movement only for Toyota :)

Again money is money, but my money wont go to a sport where the racing is

secondary and the good old boy idea is what is trying to be spread.

There is nothing wrong with oval racing (i watch the IRL) but nascar to me is

something else. A sport that represents the past and wont change because

of it.

Racing is all about change, how the new and better will win. Nascar wont see

this happen in a long time.

Thank for Euro sport a channel i will get next year when i swith to satellite

and all the good racing will be there.

#1Beaver
12-07-2005, 09:08 AM
i dont like nascar i understand your point more than you know,they do feel like they know them, I work in Griffin at Radioshack rite by the track and last month nascar was there and these drunk rednecks would come in tring to buy scanners and cb radios talkin about dal ernhart jr. is in the parkin lot waiting for him,i said :rly: and he said yeah hes rite there they love these ppl cause they get a back ground on them they get to go on theinternet se what school they went to shit like that!

EJ25RUN
12-09-2005, 08:37 AM
so now they're stocking them too :lmfao:

they will never learn, i guess the only way i will come down on this issue if

someone opens a short road coarse that doesn't cost like road atlantawhere

$1000+ is what it takes to run your car for a weekend to . i mean like a

button willow only not as long and where it would cost like $200-$300 to run

road course style. That would let me forget about nascar.

DrivenMind
12-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Nascar is a joke. I'm amazed that people can actually sit and watch what is basically, advertising billboards go round a circle track for 500 laps at 200 miles an hour. Nascar is basically a "reality television" for it's redneck fan base.

I used to love watching the SCCA, WRC, and all that other good stuff back when they used to play it. Didn't they cancel "Top Gear" too? or was it renamed 5th Gear when they brought it over here... that was a great TV show.

EJ25RUN
12-09-2005, 08:19 PM
funny thing is topgear and 5th gear are two totally different shows

go to this site and see

http://www.finalgear.com/

Stormhammer
12-11-2005, 01:36 PM
one thing I miss watching was American Muscle Car - I mean hell, I liked watching history behind certain cars, then watch the rip up a dragstrip etc

I wonder if SPEED will show the Dakar Rally this year ( I hope so - that stuff is thie SHITS - omg - watching big ass russian trucks flying over hills and plwoing through stuff kicks ass )

EJ25RUN
12-11-2005, 10:36 PM
^ Damn Straight :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

russian KAMAZ
http://www.kamaz.pl/kamaz.jpg