PDA

View Full Version : headlight problem

Go_Fast
06-14-2011, 08:11 PM
just switched out my wiring harness in my gsr for an identical (gsr) harness and now my headlights arent working right.. when i turn my headlights on only the passenger side low beam comes on. also my dash says that my highbeams are on even though there not..when i click the turn signal arm backwards nothing happens (the high-beams "on" bulb stays illuminated and the hi-beams dont ever turn on).

any ideas? all help is appreciated

00Civic
06-15-2011, 09:25 AM
First question....why did you switch them out in the first place? If they're identical? Just go back to the other ones if it's giving you any issues

Theycall_Metue
06-15-2011, 10:15 AM
so you took the dash out and swap the wiring harness? or are you talking about engine wire harness?

Go_Fast
06-15-2011, 10:53 AM
First question....why did you switch them out in the first place? If they're identical? Just go back to the other ones if it's giving you any issues

i swapped out the harness because the person had the owned the car before me had cut the harness to use a resistor box and 0bd0 injectors. i didnt want to rewire injector plugs and have the cut harness, and a couple sensors fell off of the old harness during the swap so i figured why not get a new harness

Go_Fast
06-15-2011, 10:54 AM
so you took the dash out and swap the wiring harness? or are you talking about engine wire harness?

no i only replaced the engine wiring harness

Theycall_Metue
06-16-2011, 09:14 AM
head lights dont interfere with the engine harness. your problem is somewhere else.
the head light harness run along the side on the fenders in the engine bay.

Go_Fast
06-16-2011, 11:05 AM
head lights dont interfere with the engine harness. your problem is somewhere else.
the head light harness run along the side on the fenders in the engine bay.

the headlight harness sounds like the problem thanks for the help

Theycall_Metue
06-16-2011, 02:52 PM
i would first check and make sure you have the right bulb harness plug into the right headlight. the watts on each bulb may be different, high beam may need more than low beam, if its swapped, the bulb wont work. just my 2cent

check fuse, and wires in the engine bay. make sure none are rubbed together.

last thing i would check is the switch. they do break over time.

Cynical 1
06-16-2011, 05:19 PM
ground issue.

Go_Fast
06-16-2011, 05:21 PM
i would first check and make sure you have the right bulb harness plug into the right headlight. the watts on each bulb may be different, high beam may need more than low beam, if its swapped, the bulb wont work. just my 2cent

check fuse, and wires in the engine bay. make sure none are rubbed together.

last thing i would check is the switch. they do break over time.

the plugs are in the right spot and the fuses are fine. i understand that the left low beam not working is probably because of loose wires or something simple (since the passenger side still works) but i'm not sure where to start on the high-beam problem, the lights dont turn on but the symbol on the dash won't turn off:thinking:

Go_Fast
06-16-2011, 05:28 PM
ground issue.

didnt see this before my previous post, please elaborate