PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Badge Swaps. How do you feel about them?

Z32James
06-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Alright, QD- good idea! Haha.

In another thread somewhere around these forums opinions were made about badge swapping your car and whether is stylish, cool, stupid or illogical. So here's the thread to talk about it. However you feel about it, put it here ;)

Personally, at times it may be dangerous (Yes dangerous) as I recently saw a civic with an Integra spoiler and Acura badges, but other times you see Acuras sporting Honda badges and it's not so bad. Actually, I'm a fan. Gives it that JDM appeal.

QD made the point that if someones going the JDM route, why half ass it and go full on with it like RHD conversions, etc.

It's a good point, but to an enthusiast the badge swap is just another step closer to that end goal, even if something expensive like that conversion isn't an option.

DeeAOne
06-13-2011, 12:53 PM
I don't see what's bad about it. I did it on my car and really like it over stock badging.

Nerdsrock22
06-13-2011, 01:20 PM
It's just another thing for JDM enthusiasts to do. Personally, I enjoy seeing a TSX with Accord badges or a 350z with Fairlady badges. I think it's another way that enthusiasts can set their cars apart, and communicate to other like-minded folks that they know what's up.

It's all in fun. Some of y'all take car mods so seriously. If it's this scientific, then you're doing it wrong.

Bacon
06-13-2011, 08:18 PM
I like seeing people doing their own thing regardless of what people think.

quickdodge®
06-13-2011, 09:01 PM
It's all in fun. Some of y'all take car mods so seriously. If it's this scientific, then you're doing it wrong.

It's not that I take it seriously. I just think it's funny to brand something it's not. It doesn't piss me off. It doesn't cause me to argue with someone. I just comment that it isn't my cup of tea and try to move on. Later, QD.

GlennsEK
06-13-2011, 09:37 PM
I believe it all personal prefer, I like the debadged looked, unless I'm running legit RHD then i understand jdm badges

blackshine007
06-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Me and my homeboy thought about going to the junkyard and picking up some anonymous 4 door badges and swap them out on occasion so that we could confuse people as to what we have since half the time people don't know if I have a 626, a 929 galant, kia optima or mitsubishi diamante. So I'll use all of the badges......

smoknlegend
06-13-2011, 09:55 PM
It's not that I take it seriously. I just think it's funny to brand something it's not. It doesn't piss me off. It doesn't cause me to argue with someone. I just comment that it isn't my cup of tea and try to move on. Later, QD.

Its american stupidity that caused the problem of acura and honda in the first place. They felt americans wouldnt spend more money on Higher end Hondas.

If acura part numbers interchange with honda part numbers, i dont feel you are making your car something it isnt.

quickdodge®
06-13-2011, 10:07 PM
If acura part numbers interchange with honda part numbers, i dont feel you are making your car something it isnt.

If you want to get technical, then unless you change the title to reflect the badging, then you are making it something it isn't, lolol. Later, QD.

CSquared
06-13-2011, 11:03 PM
If your car is identical to the jdm version either oem or swapped then im cool with it. Otherwise to me its kind of gay. I'm the type to probably go badgeless before anything else.

99fordzx2
06-13-2011, 11:25 PM
Saw an accord with an acura badge, so no. lol I dont mind seeing Integras running the H badge though.

-D

smoknlegend
06-13-2011, 11:44 PM
If you want to get technical, then unless you change the title to reflect the badging, then you are making it something it isn't, lolol. Later, QD.

Cant beat that...........i guess ill go on believing that area 51 doesnt exist either.........

h23bb2
06-14-2011, 12:47 AM
i like it. i mean if u can put a jdm motor, 5 lug swap, or interior bits in your car, why cant u put jdm badges on your car?
qd mentioned go big or go home- itd be nice but jdm knick nacks and pieces are cheaper/easier to get and install than a full blown conversion.
my last point: QD stated his opinion and thats all. he wasnt flaming anybody so why does everybody gotta jump on his ball sack about it?

Genji-Sama
06-14-2011, 01:35 AM
I'm kinda with QD on this one, but i do realize it's up to personal preference. But the way i see it a Honda integra is RHD (and that's a pretty big discerning feature) to me it's almost as discerning as the aesthetic difference b/w a teg and a supra, and i know i'd get flamed for supra badging my teg. Personally i hate seeing tegs from the back, seeing the badge, getting my hopes ups to see a RHD car, then getting shot back down. But again this is all up to the individual :goodjob:

P.S same applies to lexus /aristo, nissan/infiniti, and anything else/anything else, not just picking on honda :goodjob:

Bacon
06-14-2011, 03:44 AM
I hate acura badges turned upside down to make a Honda badge.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Captain-Obvious™
06-19-2011, 02:52 PM
I have an H badge on my Integra's JDM hood. And no badges on the back. Is that making it something it isn't? Even though my car is an Acura?

quickdodge®
06-19-2011, 08:14 PM
I have an H badge on my Integra's JDM hood. And no badges on the back. Is that making it something it isn't? Even though my car is an Acura?

Did you get a new title that states Honda Integra?

Lolol. Later, QD.

FasTech
06-19-2011, 08:20 PM
I think all cars look better with any at all. Unless you are restoring a car to stock form, then badges are a must but still I would use the correct ones.

quickdodge®
06-19-2011, 08:24 PM
I think all cars look better with any at all. Unless you are restoring a car to stock form, then badges are a must but still I would use the correct ones.

I like a clean, debadged look as well. Mine would be debadged if I weren't "restoring" it. Later, QD.

Captain-Obvious™
06-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Did you get a new title that states Honda Integra?

Lolol. Later, QD.

I'm just saying, the hood was shipped over here with the badge already on it. I don't see the point of going out of my way to put an Acura badge on it.

01CDMLUDER
06-20-2011, 02:47 PM
I like the badgeless look myself..

But I don't see anything wrong with a rsx with Honda and integra badges..

If you have a civic with a type r engine then you should be able to put type r badges..

If you have a prelude with a type s engine and type s seats..then what's the big deal about a type s badge? What if you don't want a rhd?.. Just all the other stuff

A lot of Japanese people put USDM badges on their car!! Yeah.. I said it.

Cops think my car is a civic or integra anyways lol

Just Dont Fake The Funk.. You have to have the engine and more

FLIPside
06-21-2011, 12:24 AM
here, here !

Nerdsrock22
06-21-2011, 08:51 AM
I have Honda caps on my Acura wheels on my Acura. Is this bad?

lololol I have y'all pissed off even more here real soon. :D

quickdodge®
06-21-2011, 09:02 PM
lololol I have y'all pissed off even more here real soon. :D

I'm not pissed. Nor will I be. Later, QD.

One_Bad_SHO
06-22-2011, 01:30 AM
I umm, put a Gen 3 Taurus badge on my Gen 2 Taurus.

Nerdsrock22
06-22-2011, 07:50 AM
I'm not pissed. Nor will I be. Later, QD.

Still not talking to you man. I understand your feeling and opinions 100%. While we're probably not on the exact same page, we're certainly in the same book. My wheels have Honda badges cause that's how they were when the last person had them, and I'm not spending $XXX to find color matched Acura caps when nobody is going to notice but me. Same story with my new wheels, except they aren't Honda or Acura badges. That being said, I still drive an Acura RSX, just like the badges say. :)

Austin?
06-22-2011, 10:10 AM
I got Honda badge on my camry. I have noproblem with it being Honda camry what so ever.

5speed
06-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Probably already been said but I dont like it. Don't badge a US Lexus SC300 as a Soarer. The whole RHD part doesnt exactly bother me. Its more of the all the other things that are typically different such as engine, exterior design, etc.

01CDMLUDER
06-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Probably already been said but I dont like it. Don't badge a US Lexus SC300 as a Soarer. The whole RHD part doesnt exactly bother me. Its more of the all the other things that are typically different such as engine, exterior design, etc.

I hear ya..

But if I have a type s engine and a lot of type s parts then I'm gonna have a type s badge as well.. It's the same car except it's not rhd.. Engine is correct and the interior is correct.. The only difference is that the type s didn't come with a moonroof.. People will know it's not a true type s because it's not rhd..

To me its worse when people do a rhd conversion and claim their car is a type r or whatever.. Its still half usdm but some people will believe it's a true type r..

Either way.. Like I said.. As long as you have the engine, interior, and other things that were on the jdm version I don't see anything wrong with it.. And it's your car so do what you want.. I'm done with this topic