PDA

View Full Version : General Chat 300zx Wheel Liners

spider2465
06-09-2011, 04:14 PM
I just bought a 300zx a little while ago and I noticed a sound coming from the left front wheel well. I got out to check on it, and it turns out that the tire has been rubbing on the wheel well. It's only the left side for some reason. My question is, would I be able to take the liners off and leave them off? And if so, will the electrical components be ok? Would a thinner tire fix the problem as well? Thank you in advance

CSquared
06-09-2011, 04:26 PM
I just bought a 300zx a little while ago and I noticed a sound coming from the left front wheel well. I got out to check on it, and it turns out that the tire has been rubbing on the wheel well. It's only the left side for some reason. My question is, would I be able to take the liners off and leave them off? And if so, will the electrical components be ok? Would a thinner tire fix the problem as well? Thank you in advance

The liners are there for a reason. Can you take them off? Sure but I wouldn't recommend it because whatever you kick up is hitting whatever wiring and I imagine more delicate components in that area. I'd be more enclined to see why they are rubbing and address that issue the correct way (ie different wheels/tires if they have retarded sizing or raising the car slightly if there is a retarded drop).

What size wheels and tires?