PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods automatic tranny swaps

h22 jones
05-27-2011, 01:46 AM
Ok guys i just got an idea that i want to do for a dd but id like to get as much info as i could before i decide what i want to do . I have searched the web and not much to read out there so if any of you guys have any info on putting auto trannys in different shells and which ones have a computer just for the computer and which ones use the same ecu as the motor .

This is what i need . A auto tranny that preferably has its own computer and needs nothing from the engine ecu to shift (im sure it shifts off of tach signal or speed sensor but any info will help be figure out what i need to know). I also need to know if a auto ecu (lets say a p28) can be left auto but still chipped to be tuned ?

I know im not giving much info to go own and this project might slow my high hp build down a bit . For some reason ive gotten realy interested in this idea and if i figure out if i can do it or if it can be done ill let you know what it is but untill then just give me any auto info you have please.

This is posted in the all motor section because it will be a all motor build. If just acumulated enough stuff to be able to use my spare sleeved block as a nice 250hp dd now im just deciding what to put it in lol.

I cant beleive i went threw the trouble 8 years ago to change my accord from a auto to a 5 speed just to decide to do something auto again lol. Im old plus i think it would be nasty to have a dailey auto 12 second civic (with my wife driving lol).

before anybody ask if this was as simple as putting a h22 in a auto accord i would not be asking all these questions . That is no were near what im thinking about .

h22 jones
05-27-2011, 05:04 AM
Also does anybody know anybody that can change the shift points in a auto trans computer just at wide open throttle.

justnprsh07
05-27-2011, 06:21 AM
Man thit will be a first lol but if u going to use h22 trans I belive all auto cars programing for the trans is in the same ecu....if any of them dont it would be the newer preludes. Also you can chip an auto ecu as there is a guy here in town that had a build that was supercharged and auto and he had s300. Also you can use an auto ecu in a manual car as there is only one extra plug... I will talkto the guy here in town and find out exactly whay he did. Also I belive the way the mount on pass side bolts to trans is diff on some of the auto trans so you will half to custom male a mount but no biggy

dakilla4ever
05-27-2011, 10:17 AM
All 4th gen ludes and cb7's have a separate ECU designated for the tranny. I'd start with one of those first. But as far as the shift points being adjusted. You would definitely be the first. I'd chit chat with scotty to see if he can refer you anywhere or find one of these old school shops that build crazy trannies for the v8 drag cars and find out from them. Chipping an auto ecu would probaby be the same as chipping a regular ecu just get one from an OBD1 auto civic or integra and have it chipped with chrome or something. Matter of fact talk to him: http://www.phearable.net/contact.html. Great customer service. Will talk with you and advise you on the best route to go with this build. Hope that helps.

justnprsh07
05-27-2011, 10:23 AM
I would check with some of the guys that do eclipses bc I know they use factory auto trans and there able to change that and modify torque converter but have no clue how they do it... Ive only seen it done never done it

h22 jones
05-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Im not going to use a prelude or accord trany . I could figure that out pretty easy and i thnik i got figured out how do to what i want to. I just need to know about the shift points . Im going to use a obd2 to obd 1 converter harness. Ill run a chipped p28 then piggy back the obd2 computer . In other words ill plug the trans plug into the obd2 computer and then pin in any other wires that are used for the shifting like the speed sensor and the tach signal .

h22 jones
05-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Ok this is what i ant to do lol. I want to go h2d in my auto ek with a 250hp h series motor .H2d kit it will bolt right in . Also with another 135 dollar bracket i can keep ac and have a nasty auto dd . That was my thoughts anyway lol.

Drummerboy
05-27-2011, 02:21 PM
^ that would be REALLY nasty dd. like, eating boosted hondas all day.

h22 jones
05-27-2011, 11:24 PM
i think it would be a sweet build.

Black4DrEK
05-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Its deff.. umm Different..

h22 jones
05-30-2011, 11:41 PM
lol yea thats what im going for . Ill build the motor out of extra shit not taking anything from my main build . I just need a gas saver that my wife can drive but the single in the ek isnt going to cut it lo

Im going to make a phone call tomorrow seeing if i can get a little support on the h2d kit since i cant use half the stuff in the kit any way . If that goes well then i guess its on lol.