PDA

View Full Version : RIP - Matt @ Wagen Werks

Got Milk?
05-25-2011, 04:43 PM
I just saw this being posted on wrxatlanta.com, and it's a must share with every local.

First thing I wanna say is, RIP Matt. Second, he did not deserve to go out like this.

Article is a must read, but if someone is seriously that lazy to read it, i'll give you cliffs.

After long day at work, he gets in his car to leave.
He gets stopped by Cobb Police because someone made a call that there was a suspicous someone walking around the area.
He gets shot multiple times by Cobb Polce and after fighting for his life in the hospital he passed away. :cry:

http://mdjonline.com/bookmark/13353608

Scotsman
05-25-2011, 05:06 PM
holy fak , wow , my prayers go out to his family

alpine_aw11
05-25-2011, 05:20 PM
I hope that stupid fucking cop does time for this. Having a GED doesn't give you the right to start shooting the second you feel threatened by someone.

quickdodge®
05-25-2011, 05:40 PM
I hope that stupid fucking cop does time for this. Having a GED doesn't give you the right to start shooting the second you feel threatened by someone.

RIP to the dude. I can voice that this dude surely didn't deserve to go out as stated in the article....

"“As the male continued to disobey the lawful commands of the officers..."

This is why I ALWAYS do as I'm told/asked by the police. By no means am I saying he deserved this outcome by any means, but had he done as he was told/asked, he might still be here. I do hope the policeman who killed the man gets his just desserts. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
05-25-2011, 05:55 PM
^^^ Please don't take my post the wrong way. I'm agreeing with everyone's opinions on the bullshit of the situation. Not taking up for the officer at all. Later, QD.

alpine_aw11
05-25-2011, 06:23 PM
RIP to the dude. I can voice that this dude surely didn't deserve to go out as stated in the article....

"“As the male continued to disobey the lawful commands of the officers..."

This is why I ALWAYS do as I'm told/asked by the police. By no means am I saying he deserved this outcome by any means, but had he done as he was told/asked, he might still be here. I do hope the policeman who killed the man gets his just desserts. Later, QD.

I certainly get where you're coming from but I will bet you a million dollars that statement was at the very least exaggerated to make the cop look less like a murderer. I know it may seem like I'm just a dumb kid with a fuck the police attitude but this shit happens all the time. Too bad there isn't a video available. But then again innocent until proven guilty goes for cops as well as criminals so who knows what really happened.

Echonova
05-25-2011, 06:29 PM
There is no other way to describe this other than tragic.

I hope that cop gets everything he deserves.

DynamicSound
05-25-2011, 06:38 PM
This is truly tragic. This is why when I am pulled over, the first thing I tell the officer is I have a gun in the car and exactly where it is so the officer can retrieve it. Too many times do you hear of someone being shot/killed by the police because they were "reaching for a gun" even though they were not. RIP Matt.

Bacon
05-25-2011, 06:40 PM
RIP to the man. I hope the best comes out in this situation for the family.

Drummerboy
05-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Cobb county has a horrible reputation for being overly aggressive, overly hostile and having a "power high".

The entire Cobb County Police Force needs to be investigated and punished where fit. This is just one of MANY cases that go unnoticed by the public.

I had a run in with CCPD in February. If it had happened anywhere else, the cop would have thrown it out (an old, soda-soaked roach) and said "dont let me see you again" but because it was cobb county, I ended up in jail and paying over $2200 in court/lawyer fees.

Relentless
05-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Damn RIP Matt.

Relentless
05-25-2011, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE=Drummerboy;39259994]Cobb county has a horrible reputation for being overly aggressive, overly hostile and having a "power high".

I've heard many people say this but I never had any altercations with them.

Got Milk?
05-25-2011, 07:10 PM
^^^ Please don't take my post the wrong way. I'm agreeing with everyone's opinions on the bullshit of the situation. Not taking up for the officer at all. Later, QD.

I know where you're coming from. Any time that I get pulled over by cops, i keep both hands at all times where they can see them. And I obey any request they make, I don't think twice about it.

SLOWR/T
05-25-2011, 07:16 PM
WOW. This is tragic. Why does a cop need to fire 5 or 6 times at a person?

silversol
05-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Shooting someone 5 or 6 times is very extream! You are trying to kill them period! I have been shot one time with a 45 I can tell you one shot will knock the fire/fight out of them 5 or 6 times is rediculous!

-EnVus-
05-26-2011, 03:12 AM
Im sure this cop will get off easy for murder but he will get at least 5-6 years in jail. So just hope the inmates know a cop is coming and they can make him pay real time.
Guess this noob never heard of a fukin taser gun....

B18c1Turboed
05-26-2011, 06:16 AM
Wow. I just read the article, that's really sad. How do you get shot for not following comandments? I think this was a murder.know where does it say he had a gun. Why do cops have stun guns if they not going to use them? This is just sad.

Vteckidd
05-26-2011, 07:49 AM
I read the AJC article and it said he was resisting, had priors, cop called for backup, then he got mouthy and reached for "a weapon" and they shot him.

I'd wait to see the entire story come out

ludeguy420
05-26-2011, 08:12 AM
thats a sad story... that cop knew what he was doing.. one shot would have been enought.. rip matt

Sammich
05-26-2011, 08:32 AM
i hope he gets life and gets continually tortured in jail

2turbo4u
05-26-2011, 08:38 AM
R.I.P Matt, but it's the same shit just another day, the cop will walk

1civic
05-26-2011, 09:13 AM
I can say now Cobb Police are the worst, that is an area which I know very well... The cops deal with crimes of all sorts around there. I've been pulled over countless times and searched for drugs and weapons, I have been mis-treated and made more than 1 complaint on officers that patrol that area, nothing has ever been done.. We need cops, but not cops on a power trip!! I can understand if the man was upset cause I would be to, that still gives no right for him to have been shot.. Those cops are trained to use pepper-spray and taser's if a suspect needs detained..

Hopefully the full truth comes out, they have audio and video in every car, lets hope it does not dissapear!!

R.I.P Matt!!

1civic
05-26-2011, 09:22 AM
King said that when he and the officer approached the road, he saw Murdock's car from the passenger side stopped on the road with the second officer standing by the driver's-side door. The officer was yelling at Murdock and then fired five to six shots at point-blank range, King said.

King said he heard Murdock yell, "What are you shooting me for?"

The officer who had shot Murdock then swung around, pointing the gun in King's direction, prompting King and the officer with him to take cover, King said.

"I saw the officer duck behind a car and realized I was the last one in line," King said.

King said he had seen a gun in Murdock's car before, but doesn't believe he would have threatened the officer with it.

King said he'd been friends with Murdock for four years and described him as "real smart, and an excellent body (repair) man. ... He would do anything for anybody."

King said he did not see a struggle between Murdock and the deputy.

Read more: The Marietta Daily Journal - Eyewitness disputes Cobb police report after officer shoots kills man in Mableton

Doppelgänger
05-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Astounding.

JITB
05-26-2011, 10:11 AM
There is a issue, its been a week, and there has not been any official report. That alone is a sign of a big issue on the investigation side. If there was an obvious sign of a gun there by matt than the report would have been easily put together. There has been no word of a gun mentioned in any reports. Just speculation...I'm not buying anything cobb county is saying, this was bad from the start, and scary because it could happen to anyone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

whoaitzbrain
05-26-2011, 10:22 AM
wowwwwwwwwwww....that's fucking ridiculous!!!!!!!!!! I feel so sad for his family, dam.

Vteckidd
05-26-2011, 10:40 AM
I think you guys are jumping to some pretty astounding conclusions considering no facts have come out.

Cops don't just open fire on someone for no reason. There's video, audio etc. ALL COPS INVOLVED IN A SHOOTING ARE PLACED ON ADMINISTRATIVE LEAVE AND THERE IS ALWAYS AN INTERNAL INVESTIGATION. That is protocol and policy.

Also, the witness says he heard 5-6 shots, but that's his word. Cops check out ammo and the report will say how man shots were fired.

I find it hard to believe a cop fired 5-6 .45 caliber bullets at point blank range. Cobb carries .45 glocks.

We also don't KNOW he had no priors. He may have had a warrant for something we don't know about since report has not been released.

The AJC said a totally different story. I would wait until the FACTS come out before deciding blame.

Vteckidd
05-26-2011, 10:46 AM
According to a statement, Matthew R. Murdock died early Friday, about 2 ½ hours after he was shot Thursday night at Puckett Drive and Mableton Parkway.

The police statement said an officer stopped Murdock as he was driving out of a Mableton parking lot in a green 2003 Volkswagen Passat. The police said Murdock was stopped because he was a “suspicious person.”

Moments later, a Cobb County deputy pulled up.

While the officer was checking Murdock’s information, the deputy got into a scuffle. A second Cobb police officer pulled up at that time.

“As the male continued to disobey the lawful commands of the officers, and when it appeared that he was reaching for a weapon, the second Cobb County police officer shot the male stopping his actions against them,” the police statement said.

The names of the officers were not released. They are on paid leave until the internal investigation is completed.

JITB
05-26-2011, 10:53 AM
I think you guys are jumping to some pretty astounding conclusions considering no facts have come out.

Cops don't just open fire on someone for no reason. There's video, audio etc. ALL COPS INVOLVED IN A SHOOTING ARE PLACED ON ADMINISTRATIVE LEAVE AND THERE IS ALWAYS AN INTERNAL INVESTIGATION. That is protocol and policy.

Also, the witness says he heard 5-6 shots, but that's his word. Cops check out ammo and the report will say how man shots were fired.

I find it hard to believe a cop fired 5-6 .45 caliber bullets at point blank range. Cobb carries .45 glocks.

We also don't KNOW he had no priors. He may have had a warrant for something we don't know about since report has not been released.

The AJC said a totally different story. I would wait until the FACTS come out before deciding blame.

There is an internal investigation with all incidents we know that BUT, we do know that whenever a person is killed by officers and there is obvious evidence or a weapon found it is made clear from the start to save the county at fault. There are things that have to be done to investigate we all know.

I find it hard to believe that police would shoot a man for no reason also.

But I also find it hard to believe the story that supports the officers reason.

You are being quick to jump in the defensive of the officers, and are dis regarding a witness that was there on the scene, that seems to be the only facts that have been stated yet.

JITB
05-26-2011, 10:58 AM
According to a statement, Matthew R. Murdock died early Friday, about 2 ½ hours after he was shot Thursday night at Puckett Drive and Mableton Parkway.

The police statement said an officer stopped Murdock as he was driving out of a Mableton parking lot in a green 2003 Volkswagen Passat. The police said Murdock was stopped because he was a “suspicious person.”

Moments later, a Cobb County deputy pulled up.

While the officer was checking Murdock’s information, the deputy got into a scuffle. A second Cobb police officer pulled up at that time.

“As the male continued to disobey the lawful commands of the officers, and when it appeared that he was reaching for a weapon, the second Cobb County police officer shot the male stopping his actions against them,” the police statement said.

The names of the officers were not released. They are on paid leave until the internal investigation is completed.

The owner of the business that matt was leaving has said that he truly did not see any sort of struggle anytime. I wasn't there but I honestly don't see any reason for him to lie about anything.

Vteckidd
05-26-2011, 11:03 AM
WEll i worked with Cobb Police and i know what there policies are.

I also know that NO FACTS HAVE BEEN RELEASED. The only thing we know for sure is hes dead.

Officers said there was a struggle and he reached for a weapon, King said he "didnt see the struggle". So they cancel each other out.

Youre ASSUMING something is wrong because they havent released the report yet, you dont know why.

SO again, i would hesitate to say there is any wrong doing on either side until the facts come out.

NONE OF US WERE THERE WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. If it comes out the cop acted out of line, he deserves to get punished and the county pay damages. Wont bring Matt back but it is what it is.

If it comes out Matt was in the wrong, then all you guys saying "fuck the police" better apologize.

Im sorry i find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that a cop pulled the car over, got his information, asked him to step out of the car, got in a fight with him for NO REASON, then pulled a gun and shot him 5-6 times.

Im sorry that just DOESNT happen.

JITB
05-26-2011, 11:03 AM
either way bad situation...hopefully the true story comes out of all this.

1civic
05-26-2011, 11:05 AM

Well knowing the area and how the cops can be, I can see how things went.. The cops are dicks over here, if he had any priors then that makes it's worse.. If the suspect had an attitude from the start then I can see why things got heated..

I will wait for the full report, but like I said I can see how this played out since I know which area and precinct it is.. They have a lot of complaints in this area, but nothing is ever done about it, still see the same cops.. Maybe now I.A. will look into this precinct!!

Vteckidd
05-26-2011, 11:10 AM
oh i know what you are saying, this area is one that does get looked at pretty bad. but still there are two families involved, and until we know exactly what happened, i would just say RIP.

LIke i said if the cop is in the wrong he deserves everything coming to him. BUt i would wait till i knew more before i decided to judge :)

RL...
05-26-2011, 11:24 AM
bottom line is: Whether he had a physical altercation with a cop or not, they should not have shot him just because it MAY have looked like he was reaching for a weapon! 3 guys should be able to restrain one, OR they could've used some type of stun gun. There was no reason to use lethal force, period.

Vteckidd
05-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Again you don't know what happened. They are authorized to use force if they feel threatened for their life.

What if he yelled "I'm gonna kill you " and reached inside his car. Then struggled with officer. Then absolutely they would have fired on him.

Until we know what happened you can't say whether they were justified or not. What if he had his gun on him? We DONT KNOW

1civic
05-26-2011, 11:31 AM
oh i know what you are saying, this area is one that does get looked at pretty bad. but still there are two families involved, and until we know exactly what happened, i would just say RIP.

LIke i said if the cop is in the wrong he deserves everything coming to him. BUt i would wait till i knew more before i decided to judge :)

Again you don't know what happened. They are authorized to use force if they feel threatened for their life.

What if he yelled "I'm gonna kill you " and reached inside his car. Then struggled with officer. Then absolutely they would have fired on him.

Until we know what happened you can't say whether they were justified or not. What if he had his gun on him? We DONT KNOW

Report should have been out already.. Audio and video released also!!

To many cops run around like billy bad-asses!!!

They should prove any non believers wrong and release the report!!

Vteckidd
05-26-2011, 11:38 AM
i cant name 1 shooting where i have seen them make the video and audio public. ESPECIALLY in a shooting incident. Its evidence, and the only person entitled to the police report is the victims family

1civic
05-26-2011, 11:41 AM
i cant name 1 shooting where i have seen them make the video and audio public. ESPECIALLY in a shooting incident. Its evidence, and the only person entitled to the police report is the victims family

Do you think the news channels will not be on top of this? I'm sure they will at least release a formal statement!!

I hope so at least!!

Vteckidd
05-26-2011, 11:54 AM
yeah i would expect if AJC and Marietta Journal is already interviewing it will be made an issue soon. They will be pressured to release a statement and the results of their investigation. But investigations are not something they will rush obviously.

1civic
05-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Looks to be the brother!!! READ more..

I will also add that the official report states that the first officer to speak to Matt had "stepped away to verify information" that Matt had given him. This shows that he was in compliance with the first officer's wishes. He had nothing to hide and no reason to think he would be detained beyond that. Once his personal information had all checked out, he should have been free to go, but this sheriff deputy got involved for reasons unknown ( Cobb county has not explained that) and shot and killed him before they even knew that he was a law-abiding citizen just trying to come home from work. We should all be outraged that a man who was sworn to uphold the law and protect the citizens of his county killed an innocent man. It was cruel and unwarranted. Interesting that Cobb county police have not come out and admitted that my brother was in fact unarmed, was not using drugs or alcohol and was doing everything necessary to comply with the officer's wishes. They are trying to paint my brother as some kind of "hot head" when in fact, it was the Sheriff deputy who has now exposed himself as the hot head. According to one witness report, my brother's dying words were, "Why are you shooting at me?" Does this sound like someone who willingly tried to "scuffle" with police? Why would he comply with the first officer and "scuffle" with the other? Does a "scuffle" give an officer the right to use deadly force? They killed a man with NO record, who was unarmed and had not broken the law. No matter how you slice it...there is no way anyone can tell me my brother deserved that. No WAY !!

The truth will come out and we will not rest until it does.

Read more: The Marietta Daily Journal - Eyewitness disputes Cobb police report after officer shoots kills man in Mableton

JITB
05-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Looks to be the brother!!! READ more..

I will also add that the official report states that the first officer to speak to Matt had "stepped away to verify information" that Matt had given him. This shows that he was in compliance with the first officer's wishes. He had nothing to hide and no reason to think he would be detained beyond that. Once his personal information had all checked out, he should have been free to go, but this sheriff deputy got involved for reasons unknown ( Cobb county has not explained that) and shot and killed him before they even knew that he was a law-abiding citizen just trying to come home from work. We should all be outraged that a man who was sworn to uphold the law and protect the citizens of his county killed an innocent man. It was cruel and unwarranted. Interesting that Cobb county police have not come out and admitted that my brother was in fact unarmed, was not using drugs or alcohol and was doing everything necessary to comply with the officer's wishes. They are trying to paint my brother as some kind of "hot head" when in fact, it was the Sheriff deputy who has now exposed himself as the hot head. According to one witness report, my brother's dying words were, "Why are you shooting at me?" Does this sound like someone who willingly tried to "scuffle" with police? Why would he comply with the first officer and "scuffle" with the other? Does a "scuffle" give an officer the right to use deadly force? They killed a man with NO record, who was unarmed and had not broken the law. No matter how you slice it...there is no way anyone can tell me my brother deserved that. No WAY !!

The truth will come out and we will not rest until it does.

That's what I read yesterday.....such a bad situation

1civic
05-26-2011, 12:15 PM
The Brother made a good point, WTF did a Sheriff Deputy get involved?? They work at the jail, and serve warrants, they don't do traffic stops!!

1civic
05-26-2011, 12:16 PM
I could not have said it better myself!!!

READ:

A completely law abiding man, on his way home from a legal job, is stopped by police because THEY (no one else) believe he is "suspicious".

The Cop that started it all leaves the area, leaving the man whose RIGHTS he is violating in the cutody of a deputy sheriff, that had ZERO business even being there.

Now, those are facts, the next is conjecture .... the deputy tells the law abiding citizen, whise rights are being violated, to do something, and it is somthing that the deputy has no LEGAL authority to make the law abiding citizen do ....so the law abiding citizen, who has been unconstitutionally and illegally SEIZED (detained) by the Polioce Officer who is no longer even there refuse to comply with ther NON lawful command of the deputy ....which ticks the deputy off, and he decides to PHYSICALLY make the law abiding citizen comply, by FURTHER violating his rights via a physical assault ......just about that time, a second, and unconcerned/unneeded Police officer shows up, sees the deputy LOSING his illegal assault upon the law abiding citizen, and simply will NOT HAVE THAT, so he shoots the law abiding citizen several times, killing him.

In effect, the man dies because the police chose to violate his constitutional rights under the 4th Amendment several times, and because he did not cower sufficiently to their AUTHORITAH !

Then they all got together, realising they had just murdered/killed a man that they could only LEGITIMATELY say that they "suspected of being suspicious" and concocted a lie about a weapon and an unprovoked assault on a deputy.

How many here think my conjecture is pretty close to what REALLY happened.

Where is justice for Mr. Murdock !!!!!

We DEMAND IT !!!!

1civic
05-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Found the cops name!!

the officer (Sean Henry) who shot this guy is a hot head and is known for over reacting to situation.....probably the case here again!!! I feel for the family of this victim and hope the truth comes out about this incident.

http://cumming.patch.com/articles/cumming-man-shot-dead-by-cobb-county-officer

1civic
05-26-2011, 12:40 PM
R Murdock
9:27am on Sunday, May 22, 2011
This young man was an Eagle Scout and an Explorer Scout for two years working with the Concord Police Department participating ride alongs and working DUI check points. He recently obtained a a gun permit and a concealed weapon permit going through an extensive criminal background check. He had the utmost respect for for law enforcement personnel.
The interesting element here is that Matt stood 5 feet 10 inches tall weighing 150 pounds. Yet Cobb County Sheriff spokesperson stated two deputies couldn't subdue him (if a scuffle did occur). Their only recourse was to shoot him?? Oh, he was unarmed when shot. Also Cobb County Sheriffs Departmene has not said how many shots were fired. One witness counted 6.
Who can tell me how many wrongful death actions have occurred within the Cobb County Sheriffs Department?
Maybe residences and visitors to Cobb County better start wearing bullet proof vests..
R Murdock

R Murdock
1:35pm on Sunday, May 22, 2011
There are no words that can describe the devastation and grief our family is going through. Matt was a law abiding citizen and had respect for law enforcement and worked with them on several occasions. More said on Cobb County, it took me several phone calls to locate Matt's body. Does no one have the decency to communicate this information to a grieving family? We will pursue the truth and Cobb County will be held accountable. The community needs to come together, innnocent people are not safe living or working there.. Let justice be served.

R Murdock
3:43pm on Sunday, May 22, 2011
I am also Matt's aunt from Calif, this has been most horrific and uncalled for. Our family has suffered a huge loss. I remember Matt when he was younger always wanting to be a "Peace Officer" . He went on ride alongs with the local police, when he lived in Calif. He always wanted to protect the people in his community. He was always funny and a joy to be around. I was interested in the comment that Cobb county does have their own investigators which I found out this morning after talking to the Medical Examiners office. We will find out more come Monday and are going to do everything we can that to make sure the truth comes out and this is investigated properly. The people of this community need to feel that they are protected not at the mercy of some trigger happy cop.
C. Jessup

driftuner240
05-26-2011, 12:55 PM
rip matt

Vteckidd
05-26-2011, 01:17 PM
I agree the sheriff seems like somethig fishy unless they were arresting him then the sheriff can transport him to the jail.

I want to know why the officer drew his weapon and what started the scuffle if there was one. Something prompted him to pull his gun and something cause then to argue or fight.

And usually the officer stopping has to transfer custody to the sheriff and call it in. There should be no reason for the stopping officer to call a sheriff unless it was for backup or while running his background they found something.

IMO what it sounds like is they got a suspicious persons/prowler call. They stopped matt. They asked to ID, they ran his record, they found something worth arresting him for, called a sheriff for transport, he got mad, they fought, they shot and killed him.

Vteckidd
05-26-2011, 01:32 PM
I could not have said it better myself!!!

A completely law abiding man, on his way home from a legal job, is stopped by police because THEY (no one else) believe he is "suspicious".
[QUOTE]
The Cop that started it all leaves the area, leaving the man whose RIGHTS he is violating in the cutody of a deputy sheriff, that had ZERO business even being there.

assumption

Now, those are facts, the next is conjecture .... the deputy tells the law abiding citizen, whise rights are being violated, to do something, and it is somthing that the deputy has no LEGAL authority to make the law abiding citizen do ....so the law abiding citizen, who has been unconstitutionally and illegally SEIZED (detained) by the Polioce Officer who is no longer even there refuse to comply with ther NON lawful command of the deputy ....which ticks the deputy off, and he decides to PHYSICALLY make the law abiding citizen comply, by FURTHER violating his rights via a physical assault ......just about that time, a second, and unconcerned/unneeded Police officer shows up, sees the deputy LOSING his illegal assault upon the law abiding citizen, and simply will NOT HAVE THAT, so he shoots the law abiding citizen several times, killing him.

assumptions. Why did the stopping officer leave? why was a second officer called in? what was the results of his background check? what did they order him to do? Why did he resist?

Those are all questions no one has the answer and everyone is GUESSING. They have protocol people, they have to do it by the book. If they didnt, the video tape will show that, so will the dispatch calls. but until you know all that STOP GUESSING.

Based upon the LIMITED info out, it sounds like they stopped him, which FYI they can DETAIN you up to 24 hours with no charges, they can even bring you in for questioning, after they read you your rights to an attorney or if you ask for one.

It sounds like they stopped him for whatever reason, ran his info, saw something questionable or he fit a description, called for backup, asked him to do something, he resisted, they had an argument, got into a scuffle shot and killed him.

I do not think a cop would just say "HEY PUNK IM SHOOTING YOU BECAUSE I CAN". hot head or not. Being a hot head is VERY different then killing someone in cold blood. Plus there are conflicting accounts. 1 account says the guy is a HOT HEAD that SHOT matt who also was in an altercation with him, the second says ANOTHER cop cam on scene saw the scuffle and shot him. so which is it?

In effect, the man dies because the police chose to violate his constitutional rights under the 4th Amendment several times, and because he did not cower sufficiently to their AUTHORITAH !

His 4th amendment rights were not violated. He was stopped, he wasnt searched according to the report, and he wasnt questioned without counsel. They didnt arrest him, 4th amendment doesnt matter. They can stop you for anything. They didnt profile him, and according to the report he wasnt arrested so 4th amendment DOESNT APPLY.

Im sorry but we should wait for the results of the investigation.

JITB
05-26-2011, 01:33 PM
I agree the sheriff seems like somethig fishy unless they were arresting him then the sheriff can transport him to the jail.

I want to know why the officer drew his weapon and what started the scuffle if there was one. Something prompted him to pull his gun and something cause then to argue or fight.

And usually the officer stopping has to transfer custody to the sheriff and call it in. There should be no reason for the stopping officer to call a sheriff unless it was for backup or while running his background they found something.

IMO what it sounds like is they got a suspicious persons/prowler call. They stopped matt. They asked to ID, they ran his record, they found something worth arresting him for, called a sheriff for transport, he got mad, they fought, they shot and killed him.

His brother said he has no record, and before the sheriff came, the owner of the shop were he works had already told the officers he was a employee leaving the place.

Coincidently he was helping him put up lighting because the shop was broken into recently.

EmminoDaGreat
05-26-2011, 01:36 PM
That is depressing.

Vteckidd
05-26-2011, 01:40 PM
His brother said he has no record, and before the sheriff came, the owner of the shop were he works had already told the officers he was a employee leaving the place.

Coincidently he was helping him put up lighting because the shop was broken into recently.

my sisters didnt know i got a DUI 5 years ago, neither do my parents (sorry mom if you read this).

None of my employers knew about my street racing tickets, my arrests from wreckless driving, etc. SO dont assume so quick.

One thing is for sure, the sheriff was called or stopped for SOME REASON and SOMETHING started the fight. interested to find out what it was

JITB
05-26-2011, 01:47 PM
my sisters didnt know i got a DUI 5 years ago, neither do my parents (sorry mom if you read this).

None of my employers knew about my street racing tickets, my arrests from wreckless driving, etc. SO dont assume so quick.

One thing is for sure, the sheriff was called or stopped for SOME REASON and SOMETHING started the fight. interested to find out what it was

The only witness has said plenty of times that he saw no struggle anytime...as I said before. And he gains nothing from lying..

Sounds like your reaching a bit!

Vteckidd
05-26-2011, 01:48 PM
The only witness has said plenty of times that he saw no struggle anytime...as I said before. And he gains nothing from lying..

Sounds like your reaching a bit!

the same witness that walked up well after the traffic stop had begun? according to his own account.

Vteckidd
05-26-2011, 01:49 PM
wtf he has EVERY reason to lie, his friend just got killed by a cop. no one likes that at all no matter who it is

Not saying he IS lieing, but both sides have reasons to lie. Either the officer had justification, or he didnt.

maybe lieing is the wrong word. Embelishing? confused? unsure? those are better words. We dont know what was said or done before he was shot, until we know that the rest is all speculation.

Crazydelsol
05-26-2011, 02:14 PM
rip matt!

RL...
05-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Whether there was a strugge or not, no one deserves to be shot because of one period. I wish the officer would go to trial for murder.

Vteckidd
05-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Whether there was a strugge or not, no one deserves to be shot because of one period. I wish the officer would go to trial for murder.

its like im beating my head against a wall.

If the struggle was because he said "im gonna grab my gun an kill your ass" then absolutely they will fucking open fire on him. When cops shoot, they shoot to KILL. not to wound.

Since we dont know WHY the officer pulled the gun or got in a scuffle in the first place, you cant say it was wrong.

im not arguing anymore, until we know the facts, you shouldnt automatically blame the cop

RL...
05-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Even if an unarmed man threatened a cop to kill him, there is still no reason to shoot an unarmed man! They could've stunned him or just put him in handcuffs. Hard to believe that 2 fat ass cops couldn't restrain 1 150lb guy if they tried. Like I said. Lethal force should not have cone onto play here.

Vteckidd
05-26-2011, 02:45 PM
easy for you to say you werent there.

Ok how about this scenario since no one brought it up. What if matt went for the officers gun.......they dont have time to taser someone when there is an imminent threat.

UNTIL WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED YOU CANNOT ASSUME. There is no law that says you cant shoot and "unarmed man".

Ok so we shouldnt have shot Bin Laden then, since he was "unarmed''

Deadly force can be used as a last resort if the officer felt his life or a fellow officers life IS IN DANGER. Since we dont know what caused the fight, or caused him to pull his gun, we dont know what the "imminent life threatening" situation was, OR EVEN IF THERE WAS ONE.

SLOWR/T
05-26-2011, 02:57 PM
HOLY SHIT PEOPLE!! QUIT ASSUMING!!!!!! Everyone is assuming in here....yes EVERYONE. Assuming that cops follow protocol (lol yeah right) and are in the right or at least defending them and everyone else saying the cops to blame. The facts of the case are Matt's dead because he was shot by a cop. Why? Thats fuzzy at the monment but the truth or a well planned out lie will come out in the future. That is about the only fact that you can go on right now. The cops story that I read doesn't match the witnesses story so we will have to wait for an official report to come out. In the mean time lets stop the assuming and arguing and just post are wishes for the family.

Got Milk?
05-26-2011, 03:41 PM
WEll i worked with Cobb Police and i know what there policies are.

I also know that NO FACTS HAVE BEEN RELEASED. The only thing we know for sure is hes dead.

Officers said there was a struggle and he reached for a weapon, King said he "didnt see the struggle". So they cancel each other out.

Youre ASSUMING something is wrong because they havent released the report yet, you dont know why.

SO again, i would hesitate to say there is any wrong doing on either side until the facts come out.

NONE OF US WERE THERE WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. If it comes out the cop acted out of line, he deserves to get punished and the county pay damages. Wont bring Matt back but it is what it is.

If it comes out Matt was in the wrong, then all you guys saying "fuck the police" better apologize.

Im sorry i find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that a cop pulled the car over, got his information, asked him to step out of the car, got in a fight with him for NO REASON, then pulled a gun and shot him 5-6 times.

Im sorry that just DOESNT happen.

I guess a police officer wouldnt just pull a gun an shoot a suspect in the head while he is face down on the floor with other 3 officers holding him down?

Well that happened also.

Here is what im talking about, watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAHjhtYZpX0

The cop basically stood up, got his gun out, and shot the victim in the head.

Vteckidd
05-26-2011, 06:10 PM
oh so i guess that happens everyday now.

All im saying is before ALL OF YOU demagogue the police officer, why dont you wait till ALL THE FACTS COME OUT.

whoaitzbrain
05-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Sad sad sad...whatever the case maybe

RL...
05-26-2011, 08:17 PM
easy for you to say you werent there.

Ok how about this scenario since no one brought it up. What if matt went for the officers gun.......they dont have time to taser someone when there is an imminent threat.

UNTIL WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED YOU CANNOT ASSUME. There is no law that says you cant shoot and "unarmed man".

Ok so we shouldnt have shot Bin Laden then, since he was "unarmed''

Deadly force can be used as a last resort if the officer felt his life or a fellow officers life IS IN DANGER. Since we dont know what caused the fight, or caused him to pull his gun, we dont know what the "imminent life threatening" situation was, OR EVEN IF THERE WAS ONE.

The scenario's you're making up are less probable than mine, especially considering how nice of a guy he was. Sure we can discuss "what ifs" all day but that doesn't change the fact that the cops used excessive force without cause. Going by everyone's description of Matt, he was a nice guy who has worked with the police and support them. Would this kind of guy reach for a cops gun and try to kill them? I seriously doubt that. 2+2=4

[3000gt20s]
05-26-2011, 08:45 PM
wow!!! this is a horrible situation. lets just say that matt did reach for a gun ( allegedly!!!!!) if the officer was trying to prevent that from happenning he could have shot him in the leg or at least immobalized him. but 5-6 shots is a bit too much for some one who is sitting in his car... especially shot from point black range.... RIP to matt and condolences to his family.... definetely more facts needed

JessAlba452
05-26-2011, 09:07 PM
My condolences go out to Matt's family and friends. This is just terrible :(

Browning151
05-26-2011, 10:39 PM
First of all, condolences to the family and friends.

Secondly, wow at all the conjecture in this thread, on both sides of the argument. Police are not always in the right, and suspects are not always as described by family and friends, keep both of those in mind. Ultimately, there are very few facts in play right now and everyone placing blame one way or the other is doing nothing more than speculating. Before anyone condemns the officer or the suspect, keep in mind that officers regularly have to deal people of questionable character with very little knowledge of who they are or their current state (sober, under the influence of drugs/alcohol or otherwise) which keeps them on high alert, and also keep in mind that someone who feels that they are in danger may react out of character, regardless of the situation. I will reserve judgment until more facts are available, but this is a terrible loss for his friends and family.

whoaitzbrain
05-27-2011, 02:11 AM
fuck anyone defending Cobb county police. ..this man was shot over some bullshit! ! It could have easily been you..me or anyone....this is some crazy shit !!!! Imagine the last thoughts of your life saying to yourself.."why is this guy shooting me" what the fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A real cop would have handled the situation accordingly. ..this is pure Democratic insanity!!!

DeeAOne
05-27-2011, 02:43 AM
This is sad to see..RIP.

Makes you think that could have been any of us. That cop used way more force than neccessary. I reached under my seat for registration once and scared the shit out of the officer. Could have easially happened to me. Scary..

Once again RIP man.

Got Milk?
05-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Saddest part to this, as already stated, that Matts last words were "why are you shooting at me".

RUFFIAN
05-31-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm to the Point that I REALLY hate over-zealous cops. I have been praying for Matt's Family and for them to get the justice that they deserve.

cactusEG
05-31-2011, 10:10 PM
The guy didn't deserve to die. RIP. I hope that cop does time for his actions.

Vteckidd
06-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Still no police report?

Echonova
06-02-2011, 09:41 AM
http://mdjonline.com/view/full_story/13520740/article-Police--Only-two-shots-fired-in-driver-s-death?instance=secondary_story_bullets_left_column

MABLETON - Cobb Police now say only two rounds were fired at driver Matt Murdock, who was shot and killed by a police officer on May 19. Scott King, owner of the auto repair shop that Murdock was leaving before he was killed by a Cobb Police officer May 19, initially said he heard five to six shots, but now says he heard only two.

King said he was still shaken by Murdock's death when he first spoke to the Journal.

"I'm sorry. I was very upset. ... Matt was (a) good friend," King said.

Murdock was killed in a traffic stop involving two Cobb Police officers and a Cobb Sheriff's deputy at 11:25 p.m. May 19. According to police, a sheriff's deputy believed Murdock had a weapon in the car and physically engaged him. At that point, a Cobb Police officer arrived, saw the struggle and fired two shots at Murdock, Cobb Police Sgt. Dana Pierce said.

Murdock was taken by ambulance to Atlanta Medical Center and died at 2:06 a.m. May 20, Pierce said.

The shooting remains under investigation by Cobb Police, which could take many months. Police have not named the officer who fired the shots.

Still, King maintains Murdock was not given an opportunity to surrender.

"They didn't give him a chance," King said. "They yelled at him and shot him. It all took two seconds."

slow_hatch
06-02-2011, 09:56 AM
So it went from 6 to 2 shots.... Wonder what else he might be exaggerating?? Everyone needs to stop jumping to conclusions///

Slow Motion
06-02-2011, 05:49 PM
I almost cried. I hate seeing things like this happen to people. I know a guy who was killed like this. He was a honor student, volunteer, and no run in's with the law, and he had no weapon but an inhaler they thought was pepper spray.

Vteckidd
06-02-2011, 06:27 PM
OH LOOK, SOMEONE EXAGGERATED AND JUMPED TO CONCLUSIONS.

I love it when im right.

1civic
06-02-2011, 06:38 PM
I almost cried. I hate seeing things like this happen to people. I know a guy who was killed like this. He was a honor student, volunteer, and no run in's with the law, and he had no weapon but an inhaler they thought was pepper spray.

Where did you come up with the inhaler story? He had a license to carry a gun right? Was it on him that night? I know Cobb police are hot-heads, and this cop was reported before.. Something is missing!!

eraser4g63
06-03-2011, 12:47 AM

I love it when im right.

Dude, CCPD is crooked as fuck. I have worked closely with multiple Police depts. And on the list for the most bass akwards in the metro area is Fulton County S.O., A.P.D, and CCPD to give them any spec of credit is ridiculous. I personally have been drug from a car by my neck because he thought it was stolen, placed in handcuffs and detained for over an hour until he figured out what he had done. I'm sorry but I am inclined to believe they over reacted and honestly its not the first time that CCPD has hauled off and shot someone later to cover it up ( I had to talk to Homicide multiple times about it).

JITB
06-06-2011, 05:55 PM

I love it when im right.

Nothing has changed, what are you talking about?

Bacon
06-06-2011, 06:27 PM
;39260652']wow!!! this is a horrible situation. lets just say that matt did reach for a gun ( allegedly!!!!!) if the officer was trying to prevent that from happenning he could have shot him in the leg or at least immobalized him. but 5-6 shots is a bit too much for some one who is sitting in his car... especially shot from point black range.... RIP to matt and condolences to his family.... definetely more facts needed

Maybe you missed the comment where cops shoot to kill....not to wound.

Boosting EG
06-06-2011, 09:10 PM
my prayers go out to his family

jadakid88
06-06-2011, 09:54 PM
wow i heard about it awhile ago but i just read the article and....thats crazy. nobody deserves to go out like that.

Vteckidd
06-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Nothing has changed, what are you talking about?

his brother said it was 5-6 shots then few days later recants and says he was confused and it was maybe 2 at most.

SO pretty much he admits he was embelishing and we cant trust anything he says...........which is understandable, his brother died

One_Bad_SHO
06-08-2011, 03:10 AM
None of you were there. There's 2 sides to every story. One story says there was no scuffle while the other says there was. If he was shot because he fought the officers, then he deserved what he got. We don't know what was said between them. The point is... until further investigation is done, it's ignorant to blame the cops and assume the deceased is innocent. A loss of life is tragic in any case and my heart goes out to his family/friends. However, let's not be so quick to shame the police. Thats the cowardly way to go about it. The police force does plenty of positive things a day, saving lives and what not.... and yet when one negative incident happens you people are quick to blast them all. The reality of the situation is that the facts are unknown at this point in time. If I was a cop and someone reached for a weapon, especially after a scuffle, I'd shoot too. At the end of the day I'm going to do what it takes to make sure I go home to my family.

Out here, in Iraq... if you reach for a weapon or get in any kind of physical altercation with me/us at a checkpoint, you're getting shot. A threat on my life in Iraq is the same as a threat on my life anywhere.

If after a full investigation is complete and the cop is found guilty, then I hope he gets the full penalty for his crime. However, I will not hate all cops because of this. Every career field has a few bad apples and its not right to judge everyone for the wrongs of a few.

Vteckidd
06-08-2011, 08:32 AM
None of you were there. There's 2 sides to every story. One story says there was no scuffle, while the other says their was. If he was shot because he fought the officers, then he deserved what he got. We don't know what was said between them. The point is... until further investigation is done, it's ignorant to blame the cops and assume the deceased is innocent. A loss of life is tragic in any case and my heart goes out to his family/friends. However, let's not be so quick to shame the police. Thats the cowardly way to go about it. The police force does plenty of positive things a day, saving lives and what not.... and yet when one negative incident happens you people are quick to blast them all. The reality of the situation is that the facts are unknown at this point in time. If I was a cop and someone reached for a weapon, especially after a scuffle, I'd shoot too. At the end of the day I'm going to do what it takes to make sure I go home to my family.

Out here, in Iraq... if you reach for a weapon or get in any kind of physical altercation with me/us at a checkpoint, you're getting shot. A threat on my life in Iraq is the same as a threat on my life anywhere.

If after a full investigation is complete and the cop is found guilty, then I hope he gets the full penalty for his crime. However, I will not hate all cops because of this. Every career field has a few bad apples and its not right to judge everyone for the wrongs of a few.

+1

quickdodge®
06-08-2011, 05:31 PM
+1

That all you got?!?!? Later, QD.

Vteckidd
06-08-2011, 06:19 PM
That's all I need

Vteckidd
06-08-2011, 06:19 PM
It's the same shit I have been saying since the beginning

quickdodge®
06-08-2011, 06:24 PM
That's all I need

It's the same shit I have been saying since the beginning

I'm on your team, Mike. I was kidding, dude!!! Later, QD.