PDA

View Full Version : Someone tried to con me!

MachNU
11-22-2005, 08:39 AM
Well ihad my car on autotrader for the last few weeks, and i got some emails from people offering. Well theys two different guys have been emailing me and i think after today, it was nothing more than a fraud. I finally sent a email back to them both telling them to call me, before we proceed with the sale.

What do you guys think!

First guy second email from him...

Greetings,
I have forwarded your vehicle information to my client and after evaluation and due to time constraint on the fact that we are runningshort of time. He has left for his trip to Hongkong.
I'm delighted to tell you that my client has recommended your vehicle, with full interest and he has instructed me to carry on with his transaction, Hope the eugine and body is in perfect condition?

He also instructed me to inform you that payment will get to you in a cashier check of $16.000, which is a refund payment of a cancelled order earlier made by my client. Due to company policy this check has to be made out in this amount to you, Because company policy only allows a refund payment on one cashier cheque.
So you are required to deduct the cost of your vehicle ( car) $8.800 when payment gets to you and refund balance $7.200 to the Agent ( our shipper ) for him to be able to offset shipping & tax charges, and other cosmetic repair costs.

After payment has reached you and balance sent to shipper, the shipper's agent will come for inspection, pick up (of vehicle & signing of title papers), make some cosmetic touches and drive to a prepaid shipper to be shipped to my customer.
Please confirm this and forward the following informations;
Names:
Address:
Phone number:

For payment to be made and send to you as soon as possible.
Your honesty, understanding and co-operation will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Henz...
H.Henz automobiles,
A28H rd ave,
Stoney creek,on
Z41R 2 x 10,
Hamilton,ca.
#2066663311.

Second Guy Second Email

Hello mike,
Thanks for the detailed information provided on the purchase of your vehicle .Hope the vehicle is oil changed, serviced and ready to go,Please be advised of the urgency of the transaction ,i have just discussed with the customer not long ago regarding payment and pickup arrangements,He explained that there is no much time left considering the purpose of the vehicle and that the debtor company already took more than enough time to release his (check payment).
He has instructed me to inform you that payment will get to you in a cashier check of $15800 payment made out to cover the expense of the shipper who will be shipping the vehicle since he would be travelling out of town for business, So you are required to deduct the cost of your vehicle $8800 when payment is received and send balance of $7000. to the shipper for him to be able to offset shipping & tax charges, and other cosmetic repair costs.
Upon receiving your payment and balance sent down to the shipper immediately the shipper's agent will come for inspection and pick up (of vehicle & signing of title papers), some cosmetic touches and drive to the prepaid shipper .Confirm this and forward your LEGAL NAMES, ADDRESS and PHONE NUMBER for payment to be made out. Please get back to me within fews hours of receiving my mail to confirm this.I await your favorable response with the required information for payment delivery asap.
Thanks in anticipation of your understanding.
Kind Regards,
206-337-1884

SO what do you guys think, sounds like a fraud to me!

Hulud
11-22-2005, 08:44 AM
sound sketch to me

MachNU
11-22-2005, 08:44 AM
to me they sound almost excalty alike!

Hulud
11-22-2005, 08:45 AM
o they are supposed to be two different people?

MachNU
11-22-2005, 08:48 AM
yeah the first email is from a guy named Henz Howard, and the second is froma guy named John Hoffman. I mean if one of them calls me, it might be legit, but what throws me is that the two emails from two different names seem ALOT alike!

Hulud
11-22-2005, 08:49 AM
yea they are both from Cali look at the area code
hahaha tell them if they want to do that you will not give them any money back lol

MachNU
11-22-2005, 08:54 AM
yea they are both from Cali look at the area code
hahaha tell them if they want to do that you will not give them any money back lol

HOLY SHIT i didnt even notice that. This afternoon i am going to call both numbers and see who picks up. If it jsut the saem dealership with the guys jsut trying to keep in touch with me then it could be legit. But it could also be some cons out of cali trying to screw me. I mean they said that they will send me 16 total 8800 being mine and hte rest is to pay there shipper. So if i get a check and it cashes i am going to put it in another accoutn, so they cant screw me.

kooki
11-22-2005, 08:55 AM
i recieved a similar email and researched it and found it to be a scam many people are doing. don't pay attention to it. i think what they do is after they send you the check, you have to send something back to cover the rest. but in about 3-4 weeks the check gets bounced because it was a fraudulent check.

http://hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=641985

http://www.rx7club.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=230080

Hulud
11-22-2005, 08:55 AM
HOLY SHIT i didnt even notice that. This afternoon i am going to call both numbers and see who picks up. If it jsut the saem dealership with the guys jsut trying to keep in touch with me then it could be legit. But it could also be some cons out of cali trying to screw me. I mean they said that they will send me 16 total 8800 being mine and hte rest is to pay there shipper. So if i get a check and it cashes i am going to put it in another accoutn, so they cant screw me.
cash it and tell them to fuck themselves lol

MachNU
11-22-2005, 08:58 AM
i recieved a similar email and researched it and found it to be a scam many people are doing. don't pay attention to it. i think what they do is after they send you the check, you have to send something back to cover the rest. but in about 3-4 weeks the check gets bounced because it was a fraudulent check.

http://hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=641985

http://www.rx7club.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=230080

holy shit dude thanks for this, this sounds like the same thin gthey are trying to pull. I will call them this afternoon, and will knwo for sure if it is for real or not!

SOHC MONSTER
11-22-2005, 09:16 AM
some one else posted this not too long ago about the same issue. its a scam for sure dude.

Brett
11-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Are you all never on a computer? That is a scam that has been going on for years and has even been on MANY local news stations, if you by int it, your a moron

MachNU
11-22-2005, 09:18 AM
still will be fun to see what the numbers go to!

MachNU
11-22-2005, 09:19 AM
Are you all never on a computer? That is a scam that has been going on for years and has even been on MANY local news stations, if you by int it, your a moron

well fuck you to brett, sry i havent seen this before, its my first time selling a car!!!! geeze and after i sold you that gaem you wont stop playing i hear! ;)

Brett
11-22-2005, 09:22 AM
ha ha ha ha Im just sayin, People dont see the email for what it is? Does anyone never question why people will offer more then what asking, etc? What happens is the cashiers check will bounce and then you get stuck with paying the bank back the money and they get the money/car. Very old scam. They had a huge thing on the news about this also.

and actually I havent played in a few days, I never got that email you promised so I am stuck on 2 missions I cant get pass...lol

MachNU
11-22-2005, 10:35 AM
:eek: sorry i will have it in about 30 minutes, but they never offered more they offered 200 less then what i was asking, and also i tracked the number they gave me and both are fake numbers

RISKYB
11-22-2005, 10:56 AM
bump that,money talks and bullshit walks

Brett
11-22-2005, 11:07 AM
:eek: sorry i will have it in about 30 minutes, but they never offered more they offered 200 less then what i was asking, and also i tracked the number they gave me and both are fake numbers

Just stay away from it, It hate to see you get taken on that shit.

MachNU
11-22-2005, 11:14 AM
I know i have figured out that all the address info they gave me is from 4 different states. There is no Hamiliton Ca, there is a Hamiltion CITY, and then teh area code they gave me is a Seattle, WA area code becuase i did a reverse phone search on both numbers, and in the fact that both numbers dont have any place to go, no place that rings the number. Then the only thing that makes since is the Syndey Creek, which IS in ontario. SO i am reporting this to the FBI fruad unit.

WIth the address brett, the computer i am at is blocked from that website, when i get home, i will get teh exact address for you!

IntegraXTR
11-22-2005, 11:17 AM
cash it and tell them to fuck themselves lol

I'm with him

The Ren
11-22-2005, 11:33 AM
they both are frauds...tis happend to a girl i used to work with husband.. the cashiers check was stolen money and then when you send them money back.. They end up getting money and you loose everything.. trust me leave it alone

Vuongy_Dong
11-22-2005, 01:39 PM
they do that alot on ebay. Glad ya didnt fall for it.

hondarc
11-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Its a scam, i work at a dealer ship for a long time and see that stuff all the time. These people prey on privet sellers because they dont know any better.
Normaly they will get the car and have it on a boat before you find out it was a scam, but then its to late!

MachNU
11-22-2005, 02:36 PM
LOL they screwed up with me, when...

They would never call me, and where only talking through emails
I keep telling them in emails to jsut call me and they jsut sent emails

THEN the biggest and stupidest thing they screw up with was this

Best regards,
Henz...
H.Henz automobiles, <--- No such business
A28H rd ave, <--- No such address
Stoney creek,on <---- This is the only thing that is real! But its about 2 miles outside Hamilton, ON
Z41R 2 x 10, <--- What the hell is this!
Hamilton,ca. <--- Theres Hamilton CITY, CA
#2066663311. <--- Not a real number
^^^^ LOL this is the best part, this 206 is for Seattle, WA!

hondarc
11-22-2005, 02:45 PM
LOL they screwed up with me, when...

They would never call me, and where only talking through emails
I keep telling them in emails to jsut call me and they jsut sent emails

THEN the biggest and stupidest thing they screw up with was this

Best regards,
Henz...
H.Henz automobiles, <--- No such business
A28H rd ave, <--- No such address
Stoney creek,on <---- This is the only thing that is real! But its about 2 miles outside Hamilton, ON
Z41R 2 x 10, <--- What the hell is this!
Hamilton,ca. <--- Theres Hamilton CITY, CA
#2066663311. <--- Not a real number
^^^^ LOL this is the best part, this 206 is for Seattle, WA!

z41r2x10 Sounds like a shipping container!

MachNU
11-22-2005, 02:46 PM
I cant figure out what it means!

rolling_trip
11-22-2005, 03:10 PM
i say do it and mail them back a pic of the check and a bird finger!

MachNU
11-22-2005, 04:23 PM
LOL i havent gotten a email back since i sent him saying, stopping email if you are interested in doing this further, then call me at one of theys two numbers which i have given you for the last 2 emails, then IF he DOES call i will tell him if he does want the car, then he needs to send me a personal check, and not a cashiers check!