PDA

View Full Version : Need help with fiberglass

BarnDog296
11-22-2005, 07:47 AM
Alright, now that I know that I can stay on track with my Excelon build, I need to figure out the installation. I already have a wiring chart for it, I just need help with the fiberglassing. I already have the idea of what I want it to look like in my head, I just need someone who is good at fiberglass to help me out a little. I dont want to spend a grand at a shop, so im not looking for shops in the area, just for another hand. I am only missing one part (1 amp) I currently have:

2- 10"
2- 12"
2- 6"x9"
2- 6.5"
1- 4-way amp
1- 2-way amp (need 1 more)

I know how to wire them all together, that is the easy part... I really need someone for the fiberglassing, any help would be appreciated. Does anyone know someone?

IM me @ BarnDog296 on Yahoo, MSN, and AOL IM

OH - please dont leave me sites, I am a good googler, and ive found ton of them, but experience is always better than reading.

Evo_X_Mark
12-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Do you want to do the fiberglass yourself? or have someone go and do it? It really isnt that hard... It depends what you want. Full fiberglass is harder then a box with a fiberglass top... You have to start with a skelton, balsa wood and dowels, nad the MDF rings. Then get some fiberglass cloth of ebay. wrap the skelton and then let it dry and do it again, with the cloth running in the oppisite ditection. Depending on how hard you wnat it you can keep going. Then get some bondo and a shit load of sand paper and start sanding. get it how you want it and then take it to a Painter and ahve it painted. It is VERY time consuming but when you get done you can say that i made that box. The first one wont turn out great so get some practice. Rember to put all the subs in diffferent boxes, that will have to be done in the skeliton. It will probabally be 2 or 3 pieces that will be put together with bondo to make em look good. I have done 5-6 fiberglass stereos so PM me with more questions. I will try to help.

lowjack
12-24-2005, 09:54 PM
check out Selectproducts.com. They sell everything you will need and also have a good DVD deal to help you get all the info on what you want to do.