PDA

View Full Version : TX2K6- Whos coming?

The Ren
11-22-2005, 07:15 AM
The official date for TX2K6 - Supra Nationals by MVP is March 16 – March 19, 2006.

Thanks to Dusty and MVP Motorsports (www.mvpmotorsports.com (http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/)) for being the primary sponsor of this event for the 7th year in a row, we couldn't have this meet if it wasn't for you Dusty, thanks!

This event will be run in conjunction with the 2006 RSI V-10 Challenge. Many of you may be wondering, "what does this mean for me as a Supra owner." The answer is simple: "nothing different than it's meant since the inception of the meet." The only thing this does is put some structure around getting more Vipers involved, period. Now, onto the details...

This year, I think it’s time for us to make some minor changes to make sure this thing continues to stay “fun and different.” The following is a list of events for the meet:

Thursday – Road Racing (Driver's Education) – like always, this event will be held on Thursday, primarily because it’s cheaper to do a track day during the week rather than during a weekend. The track day will be at a BRAND NEW facility called MSR Houston (www.msrhouston.com (http://www.msrhouston.com/)). This track boasts a challenging 2.4 mile course and it happens to be closer to the host hotel than TWS.

Just like the years past, we will have the same format that will include some sort of breakdown between beginners and advanced drivers. If you have more than 3-4 road race events under your belt and feel comfortable being at a new track in your car with no instructor, then please sign up for advanced. If you feel like you may need some direction, then don't hesitate to sign up for beginner. Remember, if your instructor feels like you are capable of running without instruction, he will release you to the advanced group before the end of the day. Like always, if you are interested in road racing at MSR, please send payment for $200 made payable to me.

If you send payment or paypal, make sure you include which class you'll be running in, either beginner or advanced. Payment due date is February 1, 2006. If I don't have enough spots filled and payed for to secure the track, the event will be cancelled.

Friday – Dyno Day – we plan to dyno at Racing Solutions, Inc. (www.racingsolutionsinc.com (http://www.racingsolutionsinc.com/)). They have just recently moved in to a new location that is not only closer to the host hotel, but also MUCH MUCH bigger than any facility we’ve ever dyno’ed at. There will be plenty of parking for all big rigs, cars, etc… and their physical layout is VERY conducive to a dyno day (I actually hosted a dyno day for the Houston Viper Club of America and the event was KICKASS b/c of the aforementioned benefits).

The format of the dyno day will be slightly different than years past. I will show up at the dyno facility at 8:00 am on Friday morning. I will have with me a "sign-up" list that will be "first come first serve." Of course the sponsors will have the ability to get some pre-reserved spots, but otherwise, it'll be simple: first come first serve. NO COST WHATSOEVER, DYNO FOR FREE AS LONG AS YOU GET THEIR EARLY ENOUGH TO SIGN UP

The first car will hit the dyno at 9:00 am and we will dyno a car every 20 minutes starting at 9:00 am. We will break for lunch from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm and then resume dyno'ing cars until 5:00 pm.

Saturday – Cruise and Show N' Shine – rather than rushing the whole crew to the drag strip, I’ve decided to do several dedicated “cruise” routes in the morning. All cruise routes will terminate on Lake Conroe at a restaurant that will host us and all of our cars. This will be a relaxing day to chill out, fix your car, re-tune and dyno your car, go shopping, go out, etc… After the cruise and lunch, we will have a show n’ shine at the RSI parking lot. During the show n’ shine, we will have catered southern style BBQ so that people can all walk around, take pictures, vote for their favorite cars, and eat some good ol’ fashion southern style BBQ. More details on this will be forthcoming in the packet that all visitors will receive when they check in to the hotel.

Sunday – Drag Day – Just like always, we will be drag racing at SAR (San Antonio Raceway). The format will be similar to the years past and the classes will only have slight changes. Cost to drag race will be $60 ($45 will go towards the payout and $15 to SAR). Cost to spectate will be $20 this year, $15 of which will go to SAR and $5 of which will go towards the payout.

Supra Class 1 - same as always - stock twins only, no NOS

Supra Class 2 - this is the one - power adder class. In other words it'll consist of stock twin cars with NOS, automatic single turbo cars with no NOS, and 6-speed single turbo cars with no NOS.

MK1 - MK3 Class - same as always.

UNLIMITED - same as always - no air shifted transmissions (i.e. lenko's), no full tubs allowed (any tub'ing questions please come to me), no alchohol allowed (must run gasoline, although alchohol injection is ok), IRS required and any tire that fits under the stock body work is ok (only exception is no W tires allowed).

6-Speed Challenge - will be open to both Supras and Vipers. Cost to enter this class is $100 payable to me at the gate when you get to SAR. The winner will get 75% of the pot and the runner-up will get 25% of the pot (i.e. if there are 8 cars entered, the winner will get $600 and the runner-up will get $200). The only rule is that you must run a 6-speed transmission, no automatics allowed.

Of course, just like always, NON Supras and Vipers will be invited to participate in the event. There will be open track time for EVERYONE to get plenty of runs in. Please invite your friends, no matter what cars they have!!!

Sticker Sponsors - like last year we will have sticker sponsors. This year the main sticker sponsor will be MVP. You will get one MVP sticker on EACH SIDE of your car if you participate as well as a sticker for each individual event sponsor. We currently do not have a road racing sticker sponsor but we're working on it and I will update this thread when the spot is filled.

Hotel Information

1. Holiday Inn Express
2930 W Sam Houston Pkwy South
Houston, TX 77042
713-785-3899
Confirmation: Supra Meet

2. Best Western
2950 W Sam Houston Pkwy South
Houston, TX 77042
713-782-1515
Confirmation: Supra Meet

Remember, if you're interested in the road racing, get your money in ASAP as the spots will fill quickly.

Send check or money order. Please make your checks payable to Peter Blach and send it to:

12915 Carlaris Ct.
Houston, TX 77041

You can also use paypal to [email protected]
I will have to charge a paypal fee so the totals will be as follows:

Road Racing - $207.00

If you send payment or paypal, make sure you include which class you'll be running in, either beginner or advanced. Payment due date is February 1, 2006. If I don't have enough spots filled and payed for to secure the track, the event will be cancelled.

Please keep in mind that there is a no refund policy, if you can't make it to an event after signing up, you have the right to sell your spot to someone else. If this happens, please email me the name of the person taking your place!

Once again, this meet is NOTHING without all of you, thanks for your support!!!!!!!

Peter Blach
TX2K, TX2K1, TX2K2, TX2K3, TX2K4, TX2K5 and TX2K6 – Supra Nationals by MVP Event Organizer

Sponsor List:

Primary Sponsor
MVP Motorsports

Road Racing
MVP Motorsports (Sticker)
Racing Solutions
Champion Toyota

Dyno Day
Suprastore.com (Sticker)
Racing Solutions
Autobanh Motorsports
Hennessey Performance Eng.
RPS Performance Products
Elmhurst Toyota

Drag Racing
Titan Motorsports (Sticker)
Racing Solutions
Sound Performance
Boost Logic
VIP Imports
AAP Motorsports
Injected Performance
American Racing Technologies
UnderGround Racing

Red
11-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Are you gonna go? I just don't drive the car.