PDA

View Full Version : The clutch stays on the floor

Tasuki_Civic
05-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Wassup pples? Long time no hear from.

I got a problem with the 240, its 90'

it looks like this.........

http://www.niot.net/saveas/18197/large/

As the title says, the clutch is staying to the floor and I need to know what to look for and what I can do for it. Any advice is good.......

Thanx

Tasuki_Civic
05-18-2011, 09:43 AM
so do you think its my clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder or is it my clutch...? The car starts but it wont go into gear so I can't drive it.

whoaitzbrain
05-18-2011, 09:52 AM
It's the master/slave cylinder...same thing happend to my hatch

SLOWR/T
05-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Well it could be the slave cylinder or the line to it. Fill the reservoir with fluid and bleed it. Find where the leak is coming from and replace it. If you haven't ever put any in it though it could just be low/out. First I'd put some fluid in it and try to bleed it, then go from there.

CSquared
05-18-2011, 10:47 AM
I severely doubt clutch. Like mentioned above you should fill and bleed to start in which case your clutch should start working again at least long enough for you to determine it's definitely not a physical clutch problem. I am/was under the impression that your clutch fluid is one that isn't supposed to burn off meaning if it goes low then you have a leak or another issue in your system.

Then for me I can't remember finding an external leak but I just replaced both of the mf's (clutch slave and master) and never had to deal with that BS again.

Marta Mike
05-18-2011, 08:11 PM
X3 fill, bleed, search for leak

Theycall_Metue
05-18-2011, 10:09 PM
As the title says, the clutch is staying to the floor and I need to know what to look for and what I can do for it. Any advice is good.......
well pick it up! dont leave it down there!

it wants to be emo. bleed it