PDA

View Full Version : NA miata brake issues

alpine_aw11
05-16-2011, 10:56 AM
My driver side rear caliper got stuck, all other corners were fine so I replaced it with a rebuilt one from autozone, didn't have any problems for a little while and now it's showing the exact same symptoms. I'm reluctant to just try and replace it again, seems like I'd be wasting my time. None of the lines are clogged, I bled the whole system in the process and it worked fine. Can a problem with the master cylinder end up with one corner messing up?

Doppelgänger
05-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Have you tried taking it back off and greasing all the slides, pins and made sure the parking brake cable is working proerly? I'd at least try that along with resetting the adjustment screw (hand tight and back 1/4 turn). Be sure to use a high-temp grease on the pad slider clips and slider pins (both). No reason the BMC would cause a problem with one caliper o nthe rear (front maybe since their on seperate lines) and if the bleeding process was good with no debris coming out of the bleeder, I doubt is an issue with clogging in the line or dist. block.

CSquared
05-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Yeah I can't imagine master cylinder because it should theoretically be applying equal pressure to each pair of calipers unless there is a clog. I had an issue back in the day where my driver side front was sticking and re-clean/re-grease solved it as mentioned above.

alpine_aw11
05-16-2011, 12:18 PM
That's what I figured. I did grease the sliders when I replaced the caliper, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to go back through it. Thanks guys.

Schroeder
05-24-2011, 03:34 AM
Ever figure it out?

I've seen the soft / rubber lines that go from the hard line to the caliper cause that issue before. Basically the line would allow pressure to go to the caliper, but act as a check valve and not allow pressure to fully bleed off when the pedal is lifted.