PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods 96 Civic Hatch (Camber Problems)

SRCRX
05-13-2011, 11:01 AM
As you can guess from the title, I have an 96 Hatch, and it's time to do something about the Camber problems. The car sits on SK2 ciolovers, w/KYB's and 16" wheels with 205-45-16 and from the looks the rears are the only ones with issues so far.

I was looking on Ebay for the kits and the prices very a lot. I found a few kits
and they almost look the same.

I am in school so the price has a lot to do with it, I do not want to buy junk that I am going to have to replace in a yr. Nor do I want spend more than I need to.

So do I

A. go the cheap route on the whole kit and hope they might hold up?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-96-00-HONDA-CIVIC-REAR-CAMBER-KIT-FRONT-UPPER-RED-/270732241578?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1996|Model%3ACivic&hash=item3f08e62aaa (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-96-00-HONDA-CIVIC-REAR-CAMBER-KIT-FRONT-UPPER-RED-/270732241578?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1996%7CModel%3ACivic&hash=item3f08e62aaa)

B. Just fix the rear and get a lit. nicer rear kit.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLOX-REAR-CAMBER-KIT-88-00-CIVIC-90-01-INTEGRA-CRX-/230620595414?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b20f04d6

From the looks of the kits the rears are mostly (I say this loosely) the same, and the
front control arms of the kits very, a lot, and made me think that I should do this in two
steps, When I have the cash to get the better parts!!

Any input would helpful and or feed back!!

Thanks!!

SRCRX
05-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Anyone??

Sent from my Conrad's IPhone in outa space!!

ek forever
05-16-2011, 11:20 AM
You don't need camber kits at all. Get the toe set to .03 out in the front and .05 in in the rear.

Toe in the back, toe out the front.

Even 3-4 degrees of camber should be just fine with proper tire rotation.

SRCRX
05-17-2011, 07:19 PM
So, you would still need something that would adjust the toe more than the factory would right?
that makes no sense to me that's all you would have to do, If that were the case everyone would just adjust the toe.

J. Jean
05-17-2011, 08:07 PM
yo man im not sure if this will help, but I had a "cheap set" on my last civic and they held up just fine. But In my opinion if its a big issue that you want fixed, you can do what they call the "washer trick" to adjust the rear camber and the front you will have to spend some cash on. But I would say save up and get something your comfortable with.

ek forever
05-23-2011, 06:07 PM
So, you would still need something that would adjust the toe more than the factory would right?
that makes no sense to me that's all you would have to do, If that were the case everyone would just adjust the toe.

That's because idiots on forums and import magazines have perpetuated the myth that you need camber kits to have even tire wear.

You don't.

Been driving a lowered civic for 5 years and I've never used a camber kit. Even wear every time. Little to no gap in the front and 1 finger gap in the rear. Just be diligent with your tire rotations.