PDA

View Full Version : trouble shifting

CptWitwiki
05-12-2011, 04:06 PM
ok i have replaced just about everything for my tranny, i have new slave and master cylinders and just filled the fluid, has new seals, and a new input shaft bearing and main bearing, also new throw out bearing and pilot bearing.

with that being said... when the car is sitting still or off the tranny falls into gear but if im rolling the tranny fights me to go in or out of gear, my clutch looked good when i had it off still plenty thick.

im thinking maybe pressure plate? but how do you know if they are bad?

input please and thanks!

CptWitwiki
05-12-2011, 04:07 PM
oh and i have the bitch pin not a bolt for the shift linkage

*EFilliated*
05-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Is the clutch adjusted properly? That could cause ur problem, if miss adjusted the clutch might not be dissengaging all the way causing the drag

Cynical 1
05-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Is the clutch adjusted properly? That could cause ur problem, if miss adjusted the clutch might not be dissengaging all the way

hydraulic clutch is self adjusting...

i'm thinking you need to bleed that slave some more... it takes quite a bit to get all the air out.

CptWitwiki
05-12-2011, 06:38 PM
that might be all it is? imma keep my fingers crossed... it was shifting fine then just all the sudden happend its done it with two transmissions now. =/

*EFilliated*
05-12-2011, 06:44 PM
U sure about that, we have adjusted the clutch pedal on our track car several times to try and fix a problem like this.? I'm pretty sure free play at the pedal is not self adjusting.

hydraulic clutch is self adjusting...

i'm thinking you need to bleed that slave some more... it takes quite a bit to get all the air out.

CptWitwiki
05-12-2011, 07:36 PM
i dont have any play in the clutch pedal. it feels weird when i start letting out of my clutch too like the e brake is engaged (it isnt) but it feels rough... =/

CptWitwiki
05-12-2011, 07:40 PM
i tried bleeding the slave cylinder some more but i wasnt really getting any air bubbles but i couldnt do it much dont have any extra fluid gotta wait till i go get some tomorrow

CptWitwiki
05-12-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm missing one bolt tranny side for the t bracket... Could that cause it?

*EFilliated*
05-12-2011, 09:55 PM
highly doubt it. excessive free play will cause clutch drag

I'm missing one bolt tranny side for the t bracket... Could that cause it?

CptWitwiki
05-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Well my pedal has no play it's firm and comes to the top every time

*EFilliated*
05-12-2011, 11:10 PM
its suppose to have free play, if it doesnt ur clutch isnt disengaging all the way off the flywheel

Well my pedal has no play it's firm and comes to the top every time

CptWitwiki
05-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Well my problem is more that it won't engage properly if it wouldn't disengage wouldn't I sit there just revving instead of moving? Once I can get the shifter to move and it goes in gear it's fine it's getting the shifter to let it go in gear