PDA

View Full Version : Hot air balloon ride

Theycall_Metue
05-10-2011, 12:04 AM
has anyone every been on one???
long story short, its going to be for me and someone very special.
i want it to be the best of the best.

is it safe? hows the view?

opinions please!
i've looked places around georgia, i found one with the price of 350 a person for private ride

-EnVus-
05-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Damn I think it's cheaper to skydive and way more fun

quickdodgeŽ
05-10-2011, 06:18 AM
Back in the mid eighties, my Mom was dating a guy that had his own balloon. We used to go up in it nearly every weekend. Had a blast in it. I never knew that's how much it cost to ride in one. Seven hundred dollars seems expensive. Later, QD.

Echonova
05-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Back in the mid eighties, my Mom was dating a guy that had his own balloon. We used to go up in it nearly every weekend. Had a blast in it. I never knew that's how much it cost to ride in one. Seven hundred dollars seems expensive. Later, QD.I don't think it's bad considering setting up and breaking down the balloon + gas for the chase vehicle + gas for the balloon +the time of at least two people.

OP, you will love it. You and your girl with drink Mimosas while they fill the balloon. Once in the air the view is incredible and eerily quite, the only real downside is the balloon operator... He'll be like an awkward third wheel, I mean I'm sure he'll be nothing but professional. But it's kinda hard to suck face with your girl when there is a dude a foot away.

Theycall_Metue
05-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Damn I think it's cheaper to skydive and way more fun
height isn't my issue, but falling.... i'll piss myself haha.

He'll be like an awkward third wheel, I mean I'm sure he'll be nothing but professional. But it's kinda hard to suck face with your girl when there is a dude a foot away.
hahahah i know it.

Seven hundred dollars seems expensive
it is, but anything for her <------ whipped i'll admit

we've been through a lot in the time we've been together. recently things happen and we arn't anymore. i love this girl to death, but with my stupidity, she left.
i took my career and stubbornness over her by far. cutting down on the story, i promise we'll see the world together. this is my chance of a preview. <--- she'll love it.

found this lol,
http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad84/abysspker1/289d3469-2b0f-457d-a2ae-c674e388dc13.jpg

Cynical 1
05-10-2011, 04:04 PM
make one yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MUegI0WLn8&feature=player_detailpage

or -

http://vimeo.com/4847478

she takes of at 2:10...

and skydiving is the shit. i'm scared to glean my damn gutters on my house, but i'll jump out of an airplane at 15000 feet... used to be certified...

Bacon
05-10-2011, 05:43 PM
If you fall, pissing yourself is the least of your worries...but just remember it's not the fall that kills you. Suddenly becoming stationary.......gets you every time.

FasTech
05-10-2011, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't. I wanted to purpose to my finacee in a hot-air balloon but I couldn't find anywhere. $700 is ALOT more than I suspected it to be also. I figured it would be $150 tops for maybe an hour or something.

Theycall_Metue
05-11-2011, 12:55 AM
haha guys

i talked to her, hot air balloon is gona be it.
shes extremely excited.
thanks guys