PDA

View Full Version : 91 INTEGRA MAIN RELAY CLICKING HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

phatdaddy143
05-09-2011, 12:43 PM
hey guys i need some help im completly stumped..my car wouldnt crank up anymore i thought it might be the main fuel relay bc when the switch is in on position it clicks fast like a jack rabbit humping... i replace the relay and the same thing, and i checked the fuel pump and its good...i check all grounds and they are good..but what i did notice when i checked the dizzy my rotor button was really loose and the cap was chewed up...but in theory will that cause the relay to constantly click.........oh and by the way i forgot to mention i can put gas in the intake and itll run until it burns the gas in the intake......any suggestions please lmk thanks.................

*EFilliated*
05-09-2011, 01:25 PM
check all ur fuses under the dash, i know one of them is linked to main relay and fuel pump. i wanna say its was fuse number 14 on my 91 EF

phatdaddy143
05-09-2011, 01:44 PM
ok thanks..imma check all of them soon as i get home..........

wrekonize
05-09-2011, 05:21 PM
100 percent sure that its the ground wire on the thermostat housing..

i've ran into this problem before and thats your problem.......

phatdaddy143
05-09-2011, 07:07 PM
ive checked that ground alot and even wire brushed it and still clicky........ and all fuses are good too aswell..

terrytowe22
05-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Starter bad? Or ignition switch it will light up the dash lights in still be bad

wrekonize
05-09-2011, 10:15 PM
okay check the ground from the battery it should have 2 one going to the tranny and one going to the frame
the only reason the relay will click like that is because its not getting enough ground

phatdaddy143
07-05-2011, 09:00 PM
okay check the ground from the battery it should have 2 one going to the tranny and one going to the frame
the only reason the relay will click like that is because its not getting enough ground

thank u guys sooooo much apparently it lost ground to the fuel pump itself as soon as i got it a good ground it fired right up.............YAY........thank u everyone for ur help....couldnt have done it without yall....

Tech5
07-06-2011, 01:23 AM
when a relay clicks it means it's working, that sound is the relay opening up to allow circuit flow.