PDA

View Full Version : Robbery at the Varsity last Friday - Rewards for Wanted Info

ATK_Designs
05-08-2011, 11:51 PM
So here's the recap of what happened.

I listed an ad on Craigslist for an iPad 2 - White - Wifi - 64GB FS on Friday afternoon.

I had a person contacted me shortly afterward concerning the item. I forgot his name but let's call him S1 (short for suspect #1). S1 wanted to meet me at Walmart Shopping Center at Perimeter Mall area.

I met him there after 6PM. Let him checked out my item, etc. He said wait a minute, let him go to walmart and get his Mom. She's shopping in there and it can take a while. I sat in my car and waited for about 30 min. Then I tried to contact him through txt and phone, no response. I then left the place.

Shortly afterward, I was contacted by another individual, "Alex" (As the robber claimed). He eagerly wanted to meet me for the iPad. We agreed to meet at the Varsity (North Ave.)

I went down there about 9:40. Alex arrived in a Nissan Pathfinder (with couple others). I got skeptical, but he only approached me by himself and the other guys drove away. I greeted him and showed him my ipad. He checked it out, HANDED ME BACK the device, and told me let him get the money.

He then walked to the car. Then came back to my car and asked me if he can test it out. I handed him the ipad again. He tested it with a game.

Then he suddenly ran away. I chased after, struggled a bit but he managed to get into the car. And took off after slammed the door onto my hands.

My stupid me didn't even yelled out, tried to chase after but no success.

Through my memory, I was able to remember the tag vaguely as follow

568XG1 - 568XG8 - 586XG1 - 586XG8 or something along the line.

It was a gray Nissan Pathfinder, in the early 2000 or so.

Here are the crooks numbers:

S1: 404-452-4275 (Young Black male)
"Alex" aka the Robber: 404-749-7651 (Young Black make, with threaded hair)

I've filed the report with the detectives but I will give out a personal reward if you have any info that lead to their capture (prefer before cops do).

The iPad 2 info is as follow:

White - Wifi only - 64GB: It has the following Engraving on the back

Elegan | Simplicity | Creativity
Beautified Wisdom

Please contact me immediately if you have any info. I don't really care about getting the ipad back, I just want to get them before the cops do.

my number is 404-513-6299

Thanks,

Kevin

Bacon
05-08-2011, 11:55 PM
APD can trace the tag with very few letters to find the vehicle. Hopefully everything will work out for you man. Can't stand people like that.

-EnVus-
05-09-2011, 12:01 AM
This is why i have policies when dealing with people these days if you don't abid by them then i don't even meet nor talk to you.

ATK_Designs
05-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Also, to the robbers - If you do see this thread:

I gave you a chance to turn yourself in. You better pray that cops get to you first before we do. You're messing with the wrong group.

-EnVus-
05-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Security footage from cameras ?

ATK_Designs
05-09-2011, 12:08 AM
Security footage from cameras ?

Yea, we got all that. It's currently under investigation.

CptWitwiki
05-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Damn that sucks! Gl finding this dude and your iPad

00Civic
05-09-2011, 12:44 AM
From now on, conduct a meeting at the local police station if you're dealing through Craigslist. They're open 24 hours. If a buyer or seller won't agree to meeting you there, then don't bother with them. Just my $0.02

WhiteLightning
05-09-2011, 01:45 PM
This guy just called me about my ipad and wants me to meet him.

00Civic
05-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Take his ass down! Do it.

WhiteLightning
05-09-2011, 01:51 PM
yeah I have his ass now

00Civic
05-09-2011, 01:53 PM
If you're going to set up a meet, let me know. Contact the Police and tell them the story and have them stake out the meeting so they can take this faggot lowlife down.

carbon_crash
05-09-2011, 01:56 PM
O.P.- I would get a reverse phone check with "Alex's" number and find where he lives. Then do work

ISAtlanta300
05-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Hate fucking thieves.. but I hope it's lesson learned. Next time go INSIDE the Varsity or inside a Starbucks and he can play with it in there while sitting down. And bring a friend to watch your back.

Sorry, but too many low life thieves these days.

WhiteLightning
05-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Does anyone know ATK_Designs phone number

-EnVus-
05-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Does anyone know ATK_Designs phone number
In his for sale threads

WhiteLightning
05-09-2011, 02:56 PM
I looked

Nerdsrock22
05-09-2011, 03:41 PM
subscribed.

ATK_Designs
05-09-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm talking with WhiteLightning about the case. Hopefully something good can come out of this. And let's hope S1 is actually connected to the case and not just any "random" shopper.

smoknlegend
05-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Was the iPad ever connected and registered in iTunes?

ATK_Designs
05-09-2011, 04:43 PM
yes

smoknlegend
05-09-2011, 05:21 PM
So if u registered it can't it be tracked when it next connects to iTunes? The dumbass will have to resync eventually, so methinks iTunes should be able track it

ATK_Designs
05-09-2011, 06:16 PM
^ unfortunately Apple doesn't do shit about this kind of stuffs.

Got Milk?
05-09-2011, 06:17 PM
THat's why I always bring my 9mm and 12 gauge whenever I sell something. ANd first thing I ask is, are you interested in a 9mm or a shotgun for sale, and then I proceed with the sale. lol GL bro, seems like u got more than enough to catch these bastards.

1CleanEg
05-10-2011, 10:48 AM
damn man, GL with everything, hope this all gets resolved quickly

Theycall_Metue
05-10-2011, 02:39 PM
so are yall meeting?

CptWitwiki
05-10-2011, 04:02 PM
so are yall meeting?

yes updates please i wanna know if this meeting is getting set up and how it ends up going down

5speed
05-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Should have listened to Clark Howard.

NovaScotia
05-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Should have listened to Clark Howard.

crap situation man. but i srsly lold at this ^^^

FasTech
05-10-2011, 10:48 PM
In for more details. Wonder if its the same group from the $200 reward info thread in the stolen section.

Blitanicle99
05-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Always bring a gun. Always.

5spdfrk
05-11-2011, 07:41 AM
It's always interesting to read what all the "hardcore" people have to say. "I always bring my tec-9 wherever I go"..."fools wouldv'e been capped if it was me"...etc. IDK, I guess I'm not ethug enough, but I think he would've have a hard time justifying shooting someone because they snatched his ipad and ran off. Was his life ever in eminent danger, since I wasn't there I can't say for sure, but I doubt it based off the story given. It's all about being smarter and safer from the beginning so the likelihood of these things occurring is reduced, if not eliminated. GL to the OP, I hope the police catch them.

Got Milk?
05-11-2011, 05:38 PM
It's always interesting to read what all the "hardcore" people have to say. "I always bring my tec-9 wherever I go"..."fools wouldv'e been capped if it was me"...etc. IDK, I guess I'm not ethug enough, but I think he would've have a hard time justifying shooting someone because they snatched his ipad and ran off. Was his life ever in eminent danger, since I wasn't there I can't say for sure, but I doubt it based off the story given. It's all about being smarter and safer from the beginning so the likelihood of these things occurring is reduced, if not eliminated. GL to the OP, I hope the police catch them.

You sir are correct. Would I ever shoot someone in the back over an ipod, no. Would I ever shoot anyone runing off for w.e. reason, no. That is just asking life in prison. But, by making it obivous that you are carrying in situations like these, will change the theifs mind about fucking with you in the first place. Personally, I would never meet anyone in downtown to sell something by my self, that's just asking for it, lol. I wasn't trying to make me seem like a ethug, but i'll make sure I get my money for what I'm selling, no way is some low life thief getting anything from me for free.

5spdfrk
05-11-2011, 10:02 PM
I wasn't specifically calling you out, so I hope it didn't come across that way. While I can see the rationale behind letting someone know you're carrying, I prefer to not let anyone know if I am. Something about the element of surprise...idk. I do agree that I would not meet someone in "tha A" to do business, especially after dark.

ATK_Designs
05-11-2011, 10:57 PM
I admit that I was pretty careless. I've been buying and selling stuffs for years and had always been cautious.

Being in the Varsity full of camera, people, and cops, that's why I'd meet them up. What really dropped my guard was the fact he handed me back the ipad and walked to the car to get the money. Once I saw he put the money in his pocket, my guard was gone completely.

Those that know me know that even though I'm just a avg 5'7" asian guy but I'm normally cautious about stuffs. But this time is just out of the blue. Plus I was in a good mood on Friday so I didn't really cared.

Even if I carried, what would it do? I'd wouldn't be stupid enough to shoot after him at a public place full of people and cops.

ultm8mind
05-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Why did the cops not pursue this individual? You should've yelled RAPE!!! RAPE!!! But seriously, if there was cops there then they should have chased those hoodlums down. Sorry this happened, I see you said you filed a police report. Does your renters insurance cover theft by chance? I would check into that. Just some random thoughts.

[3000gt20s]
05-12-2011, 01:55 PM

true that... some people are just cyber gangsters... but none the less fucked up situation. theres been alot of this going on lately as i was told by one of my criminal justice professors.....my opinion is when ever u gonna buy or sell something no matter what it is bring one or two other people with you....then the theif might think twice

ezone
05-12-2011, 03:06 PM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefcac7d-3dbd-9287.jpg

5spdfrk
05-12-2011, 03:27 PM
;39252940']true that... some people are just cyber gangsters... but none the less fucked up situation. theres been alot of this going on lately as i was told by one of my criminal justice professors.....my opinion is when ever u gonna buy or sell something no matter what it is bring one or two other people with you....then the theif might think twice

Yeh, strength in numbers for sure.

ATK_Designs
05-14-2011, 12:05 AM
We've identified some potential suspects. Who's up for game. PM me.

AKI-DC5
05-14-2011, 12:15 AM
use ebay next time. most of the idiots on there will pay close to retail. lol

quickdodgeŽ
05-14-2011, 12:16 AM
But, by making it obivous that you are carrying in situations like these, will change the theifs mind about fucking with you in the first place.

What makes you so sure they'll change their minds for the betterment of your safety? You have no idea that it might just escalate things to level you're not prepared to go to. I've been there in a similar predicament and it did backfire. If someone is already in that state of mind (to be a criminal), then you have no idea what's going on in their head.

I do agree that I would not meet someone in "tha A" to do business, especially after dark.

Why? Are thieves not allowed outside the city limits to commit their crimes? You don't think that someone from "tha A" would be willing to rob you in Smyrna or Jonesboro or Duluth? Later, QD.

Bacon
05-14-2011, 01:22 AM
use ebay next time. most of the idiots on there will pay close to retail. lol

So will the "idiots" you meet in person.