PDA

View Full Version : Less of a Man ?

-EnVus-
05-08-2011, 11:37 PM
If your Girlfriend/Wife drove a car with more Horsepower than yours would it make you feel less of a man ?

CptWitwiki
05-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Nope just don't race her ;)

-EnVus-
05-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Nope just don't race her ;)
well if you know you would lose then that just thickens the plot of feeling less of a man and intimidated lol

iamdallas
05-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Nope. She can't drive it. :)

Gramma gave her a 2002 miata with a 6 speed. Vvt... 14k. But she can't drive it. Haha

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Bacon
05-08-2011, 11:48 PM
It would never happen anyways.

-EnVus-
05-08-2011, 11:50 PM
It would never happen anyways.
lol so if ya girl rolled up in a car with some power you gonna say NO we not gonna work out or We gotta trade it in ?

alpine_aw11
05-08-2011, 11:54 PM
If that makes you feel like less of a man, you aren't one in the first place.

Bacon
05-09-2011, 12:01 AM
lol so if ya girl rolled up in a car with some power you gonna say NO we not gonna work out or We gotta trade it in ?

What did your girl just bring home to make you ask this?

-EnVus-
05-09-2011, 12:04 AM
What did your girl just bring home to make you ask this?
lol its not my wife that makes me think... Its my bro his wife has a 06 GTO with a few bolt ons and he has well nothing at the moment but looking at a civic.
I just was wondering what he feels when he sees her pull up everyday or get into her car lol
If his balls kinda shrink down some ..

Bacon
05-09-2011, 12:09 AM
lol its not my wife that makes me think... Its my bro his wife has a 06 GTO with a few bolt ons and he has well nothing at the moment but looking at a civic.
I just was wondering what he feels when he sees her pull up everyday or get into her car lol
If his balls kinda shrink down some ..

Let him know there are support groups and he can take medications for that small ball condition.

-EnVus-
05-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Let him know there are support groups and he can take medications for that small ball condition.
lol yeah or man up and get a car with some balls under the hood

Alan®
05-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Nope. My girl has a 03 Boxster with 16K miles on it and it doesn't bother me at all. I want another car. But I think I'm gonna get a Lincoln LS in the near future to cruise in for the next couple of years and when I have the itch to drive something sportier, I'll just borrow her car.

whoaitzbrain
05-09-2011, 09:48 AM
The wife sports a type r and I'm still in a sohc... I find it sexy~!

Rsporty
05-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Just a good excuse to UPGRADE!
"Gee, Honey. My car's not running quite right. I think it needs a turbo and then it should run just fine". LOL!

Nemesis
05-09-2011, 11:21 AM
If we're talking in terms of if I drove a 4 banger Honda that put out 200whp, and my girlfriend drove a V6 Camaro..... probably not

but if my girlfriend drove a car with more power than mine, and drove it well....id probably feel a little emasculated LOL

ezone
05-09-2011, 12:15 PM
It wouldn't bother me because my girl would have no idea what's under the hood

DeeAOne
05-09-2011, 12:25 PM
I dealt with this for quite some time up until a year ago, then it was lights out for her. Lol

Her car does have much more value than mine on the market though (ep3).

allmotor-teg
05-09-2011, 01:04 PM
idk if less of a man but if you know you car gets smoked by a GIRL especially your girl im sure she will rub that on your face all the time, if i get to drive the car more then her not really but dam thats kinda of embarresing if you are behind her or infront and she just pulls away fast lol.

roxie911
05-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Well, I hope it doesn't bother most guys. That'd suck for me lol

My bf has a GTI that is barely faster than the 911 (and I mean BARELY). I intend to change that sometime soon, hopefully (not with the 911 though).
It bothers me when their car is faster. This is a first for me this time around.

Firefightin_tC
05-09-2011, 08:32 PM
If that makes you feel like less of a man, you aren't one in the first place.

This.

Mr Egg Rollllll
05-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Well, I hope it doesn't bother most guys. That'd suck for me lol

My bf has a GTI that is barely faster than the 911 (and I mean BARELY). I intend to change that sometime soon, hopefully (not with the 911 though).
It bothers me when their car is faster. This is a first for me this time around.

O rly?

roxie911
05-09-2011, 09:30 PM
O rly?

ya rly.

I hope you're thinking stage 2 soon :P

-EnVus-
05-09-2011, 09:42 PM
A girl in a 911 is intimidating enough but yeah if a guy felt less manly cause horsepower then he just has a double wammy with you lol

roxie911
05-09-2011, 09:55 PM
A girl in a 911 is intimidating enough but yeah if a guy felt less manly cause horsepower then he just has a double wammy with you lol

I can't tell if you're trying to insult me with the latter part of that comment or not.

-EnVus-
05-09-2011, 09:58 PM
I can't tell if you're trying to insult me with the latter part of that comment or not.
no but ill just ask Chad

roxie911
05-09-2011, 09:59 PM
no but ill just ask Chad

ok...leaving this thread. I see drama appearing and I don't even understand what you're trying to say.

-EnVus-
05-09-2011, 10:03 PM
ok...leaving this thread. I see drama appearing and I don't even understand what you're trying to say.
wasnt trying to say anything all i said was you drive a Porsche which is intimidating to a lot of guys already. Then i said a 911 is a Horsepower sports car so thats a good example of horsepower intimidating a guy in a relationship. Thats what i mean by a double wammy shesh!

roxie911
05-09-2011, 10:07 PM
wasnt trying to say anything all i said was you drive a Porsche which is intimidating to a lot of guys already. Then i said a 911 is a Horsepower sports car so thats a good example of horsepower intimidating a guy in a relationship. Thats what i mean by a double wammy shesh!

oh ok lol sorry, I just didn't quite get it and then the mention of a certain ex's name is not a good combo for me hahaha

To answer it anyway...most guys aren't intimidated simply because it's an automatic. I don't know why, but that cuts the intimidation factor by A LOT! Plus, most of them just want to drive it rather than feel like they need to avoid it/me.

-EnVus-
05-09-2011, 10:10 PM
oh ok lol sorry, I just didn't quite get it and then the mention of a certain ex's name is not a good combo for me hahaha

To answer it anyway...most guys aren't intimidated simply because it's an automatic. I don't know why, but that cuts the intimidation factor by A LOT! Plus, most of them just want to drive it rather than feel like they need to avoid it/me.
Yeah i mentioned his name cause if he didn't drive you around i wonder how it felt to be seen riding bitch in the 911
I'm sure a lot of ppl thought it was his and jut let you drive or maybe he had something better at home as his whip lol

roxie911
05-09-2011, 10:14 PM
To be honest, I hardly ever drove the 911. I still don't drive it that much now except for around town.

Every meet I've been to since the start of this year has pretty much been in a GTI LOL There's so much wrong with the 911 and no money to fix it. It sucks :( Already looking for something else that's more reliable and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to fix.

-EnVus-
05-09-2011, 10:17 PM
To be honest, I hardly ever drove the 911. I still don't drive it that much now except for around town.

Every meet I've been to since the start of this year has pretty much been in a GTI LOL There's so much wrong with the 911 and no money to fix it. It sucks :( Already looking for something else that's more reliable and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to fix.
damn i bet so MPG and maintenance on that thing i can only imagine

roxie911
05-09-2011, 10:21 PM
It gets about 24 mpg and the maintenance is a bitch. I think the CEL has been on longer than it's been off. And that's simply because saving up money to fix one small problem takes so long.

As of right now, the problems include: Brakes, bearings, MAF sensor, and a cracked front bumper (my mom did this).

Echonova
05-09-2011, 10:39 PM

Every meet I've been to since the start of this year has pretty much been in a GTI LOL There's so much wrong with the 911 and no money to fix it. It sucks :( Already looking for something else that's more reliable and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to fix.I would be willing to trade the Miata for your 911, only because you're my girl...

-EnVus-
05-09-2011, 10:40 PM
I would be willing to trade the Miata for your 911, only because you're my girl...
Noooooo

roxie911
05-09-2011, 10:48 PM
If only it was an NB miata...we'd have a deal.

Echonova
05-09-2011, 10:52 PM
NA>than any NB except for Doppelganger's.

But he had to borrow my NA when his broke down. O0Oo0o0OOOOoOo0OOoo0Oo

Echonova
05-09-2011, 10:54 PM
On a side note: When I got my car back it had never been cleaner. I need to loan it to him more often...

-EnVus-
05-09-2011, 10:55 PM
On a side note: When I got my car back it had never been cleaner. I need to loan it to him more often...
Had to clean all the evidence off :ninja:

Echonova
05-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Had to clean all the evidence off :ninja:The why is irrelevant.

All I cared about is that is was clean.

ava_Z32
05-10-2011, 02:06 AM
If only it was an NB miata...we'd have a deal.

i haz NB....

lol

but on thread topic, no. my girlfriend drives a car with more HP than my little miata and it doesn't bother me. but then again it's a chrysler LHS....not exactly sporty lol. the only way anything like that would be even remotely close to emasculating would be if she could out drive me in something. and even then i think it'd be more sexy than anything.

Nemesis
05-10-2011, 09:10 AM
I see women driving Porsches all the time around where I live? Its not intimidating, it just shows they either have rich husbands or well off parents. Seriously, put them on a track and they'd probably wreck their precious Porsches in no time. Whats there to be intimidated about? I even saw a 40 year old woman leaving the mall in a GT3. :thinking: Intimidated? No....more like scared for the rest of the drivers on the road.

Alan®
05-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Dude. I saw a woman in here mid 40's driving a brand new GT2 yesterday (Peachtree Industrial/Ashford Dunwoody). I was like what in the hell is this world coming too.

roxie911
05-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Good job on categorizing ALL of them into driving someone's else's car. I've met LOTS of women who own their own Porsche. Their husband didn't buy it. Neither did their parents. And I believe the question was a matter of horsepower, not driving skills. Even so, most men who own exotics or anything with a decent amount of horsepower would fuck their shit up on the track, as well.

Mr Egg Rollllll
05-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Good job on categorizing ALL of them into driving someone's else's car. I've met LOTS of women who own their own Porsche. Their husband didn't buy it. Neither did their parents. And I believe the question was a matter of horsepower, not driving skills. Even so, most men who own exotics or anything with a decent amount of horsepower would fuck their shit up on the track, as well.

So much that they even made a site for them all.

www.wreckedexotics.com

Doppelgänger
05-10-2011, 01:33 PM
All this talk about women driving Porsches....and people seem to call Miatas girl cars, yet all the Miatas on here are owned by guys. The one 911 in here is driven by a chic. WTF?

lawls...I'm just fucking around.
Kevin- I, to this day, still thank you for letting me borrow The Red Pill to get my ass around when my shit was down. Hope you're still enjoying that a/c ;)

As for the subject at heand. No. I'd be inclined to say if she was in a faster car AND a better driver..maybe. On the idea of a chic being a better driver being intimidating, I'm sure most guys would agree..but there are plenty of dudes on this site that can't drive for shit lol. I'm pretty sure one day my GF will have a significantly faster car than me (at least until I can start on the next round of mods...which won't be for sometime). I'm not worried about it. For now my household consists of two turbo Miatas :)

Theycall_Metue
05-10-2011, 02:30 PM
to be honest guys, i'll let her drive something better or faster than mine. makes her feel more special and i'll feel more of a man. i mean its not like they gona go racing like us anyway. learn how to treat a woman :goodjob:
my dad was rolling in a 92 corolla pos and he bought my mom a brand new fronter. i feel great for him, so im passing it down the line.

5speed
05-10-2011, 07:13 PM
I drive a 1.6 Miata...so ofcourse my wife has a car with more power than me lolol

Nemesis
05-10-2011, 08:26 PM

lol.....umad

My bad though, must be cool to be 19 and have a job that pays for a 911! More power to you if its true. I wish I had that kind of job when I was 19! Because damn I was pushing shopping carts in parking lots busting my ass through college to earn enough to pay for my little old sub 14 thousand dollar car LOL

RL...
05-10-2011, 08:44 PM
My girl has a s2000 and a bike, both of which are much faster than my puny maxima. Do I care? Hell naw. There's always going to be ppl in this world with better, nicer, faster stuff, I accepted that a long time ago and have moved on since.

Hell if anything it's a plus because I can drive a s2000 and bike anytime I want.

-EnVus-
05-10-2011, 08:48 PM
My girl has a s2000 and a bike, both of which are much faster than my puny maxima. Do I care? Hell naw. There's always going to be ppl in this world with better, nicer, faster stuff, I accepted that a long time ago and have moved on since.

Hell if anything it's a plus because I can drive a s2000 and bike anytime I want.
So if he should run out on you at least you know no need to give chase lol

Slomaro Z28
05-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Doesn't bother me, I dd the 138 bhp civic and she drives the 325(awd) bhp denali....... Denali isn't a sports car, but it'll get up and go.

Echonova
05-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Because damn I was pushing shopping carts in parking lots busting my ass through college to earn enough to pay for my little old sub 14 thousand dollar car LOLYou had a sub 14 thousand dollar car? Fucking rich people all up in this bitch.

I drove a $650 dollar Chevette through most of my high-school years. Most awesome thing about it was (100,000 miles later) after the timing chain broke I sold for $850... Lulz

Echonova
05-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Kevin- I, to this day, still thank you for letting me borrow The Red Pill to get my ass around when my shit was down. Hope you're still enjoying that a/c ;)You ever need it again it's only a call away. Yes the A/C works perfectly again (forgot to mention that). Helps keep my fat ass from perspiring at traffic lights. I think the top has only been up once since you had it :)

Doppelgänger
05-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Oh the joys of getting to use it as a "fun" car...I can't afford that with mine being my DD.
I mean, ya really think it's safe to leave the top down at half the places I go? Hell no.

Vteckidd
05-11-2011, 08:29 AM
i wouldnt care as long as she let me drive it every once in awhile

Vteckidd
05-11-2011, 08:36 AM
lol.....umad

My bad though, must be cool to be 19 and have a job that pays for a 911! More power to you if its true. I wish I had that kind of job when I was 19! Because damn I was pushing shopping carts in parking lots busting my ass through college to earn enough to pay for my little old sub 14 thousand dollar car LOL

Her dad bought it for her(thats what she said), i see her almost every week in PTC. And its the cheap porsche with the expensive body kit, its a $20000-25000 car tops, and is not fast. Still a cool LOOKING car. Id drive it as a daily.

The point being, no i would not care if my woman drove a faster car than me. Very few girls are actually into cars to care how fast they go. I cant tell you how many women i see driving M6s or AMGs , just putting to and from work or the grocery store. Do you think they really care how fast the car goes?

Lady i work with drives a 135I convertible and its a fun car to drive, but she likes it for its looks, not because its a fast car

roxie911
05-11-2011, 11:45 AM
lol.....umad

Not mad...a little entertained though. Where did I mention myself in that post as buying the 911 I drive now and "owning" it?? Hmmm...I don't believe I did. Good try, though. I hardly even drive that car as it is. I use it as transportation to do what I can so I can get my own car that I will pay for 100% :)

And to Mike (vteckidd)...he didn't buy it FOR me. He bought it for himself and he lets me drive it. Have I made payments on the car? Yes. Have I put money towards the cost of maintenance? Yes. Does that make it mine? Not at all. As for it being a cheap car with an expensive body kit...couldn't agree with you more lol

How many times has this "problem" everyone seems to have with it been brought up?? Too much.

If this is what you want me to say then fine: IT'S NOT MINE!! I DRIVE DADDY'S PORSCHE AND I LOVE IT!!

Quote that shit and save it if you want. I don't care. I would gladly take almost any car other than the 911 right about now anyway...and that's exactly what I'm working towards doing. If you still have a problem with me driving the 911, then I can't help you. It's what I have now to do what I need to do, and I'm gonna use it. If anyone still has questions or smart comments to make towards the matter, I'll have no problem answering or replying. It'll probably just be a repeat of everything I just said anyway.

Sorry for the thread jack!!! :)

Vteckidd
05-11-2011, 12:55 PM
And to Mike (vteckidd)...he didn't buy it FOR me. He bought it for himself and he lets me drive it. Have I made payments on the car? Yes. Have I put money towards the cost of maintenance? Yes. Does that make it mine? Not at all. As for it being a cheap car with an expensive body kit...couldn't agree with you more lol

I didnt mean anything negative by it, you have said multiple times that your dad bought it for you, or himself then gave it to you, or whatever. I was just correcting George. Also i was not talking shit about it being slow, i was just saying its a $20,000-25000 car used right now, not some GT3. Its cool i drive an Acura LOL

roxie911
05-11-2011, 01:16 PM
I didnt mean anything negative by it, you have said multiple times that your dad bought it for you, or himself then gave it to you, or whatever. I was just correcting George. Also i was not talking shit about it being slow, i was just saying its a $20,000-25000 car used right now, not some GT3. Its cool i drive an Acura LOL

Oh, I didn't mean mine in a negative way either haha I said he bought it for himself and then I took over payments for a couple months or so when I had the money. It gets thrown out many different ways, so it's whatever :) I'm not paying for anything now and I still drive it. It's caused more trouble than convenience, so I'll be more than happy when I can finally afford my own car instead of dealing with the constant problems that arise with the 911.

Vteckidd
05-11-2011, 01:18 PM
yeah i pass or see you prob once a week as i work by Taco Mac on 74. I drive the 4 door white Acura TL slammed on volks. Its loud. Im awesome.

roxie911
05-11-2011, 01:21 PM
yeah i pass or see you prob once a week as i work by Taco Mac on 74. I drive the 4 door white Acura TL slammed on volks. Its loud. Im awesome.

Oh really?? Wow haha I'm usually headed towards Sharpsburg/Newnan almost every day, so it's not hard to spot me around there :)

You should honk or something next time so I'll know it's you. I suck at finding people lol

Echonova
05-11-2011, 01:33 PM
I see you all the time... But you never see me.:(

Probably has something to do with the fact I'm hiding in the bushes with my pants around my ankles.

Mr Egg Rollllll
05-11-2011, 01:34 PM

O rly? You should come by Discount Tire down the street. I'd like to see this beast.

roxie911
05-11-2011, 01:38 PM
I see you all the time... But you never see me.:(

Probably has something to do with the fact I'm hiding in the bushes with my pants around my ankles.

Oh you dirty old man!!

Doppelgänger
04-18-2012, 08:03 AM
All this talk about women driving Porsches....and people seem to call Miatas girl cars, yet all the Miatas on here are owned by guys. The one 911 in here is driven by a chic. WTF?

lawls...I'm just fucking around.
Kevin- I, to this day, still thank you for letting me borrow The Red Pill to get my ass around when my shit was down. Hope you're still enjoying that a/c ;)

As for the subject at heand. No. I'd be inclined to say if she was in a faster car AND a better driver..maybe. On the idea of a chic being a better driver being intimidating, I'm sure most guys would agree..but there are plenty of dudes on this site that can't drive for shit lol. I'm pretty sure one day my GF will have a significantly faster car than me (at least until I can start on the next round of mods...which won't be for sometime). I'm not worried about it. For now my household consists of two turbo Miatas :)

How funny that I said this. I'm still driving the Miata and she now has a Cayman R. What are my thoughts? Well, it's more motivation to get through school and get a job that is worth a shit.
As for her driving. She's good without a doubt, though she knows I am less afriad to push harder behind the wheel. Now I'm pushing her to go do a HPDE or some kind of track day or school because I know she will do great and enjoy it. Though I don't think she'll ever try to take on drifting lol

RL...
04-18-2012, 09:19 AM
My girl has an s2000 which has more hp and is faster than my car but I dont mind it at all. I wouldnt mind if she had a ferrari because then I'd be able to drive it.

I am doing my first HPDE/PDX at road atlanta next month I cant wait.

Sammich
04-18-2012, 09:50 AM
if you have that kind of insecurity...you have bigger problems to worry about

C230K
04-18-2012, 12:31 PM
I take it she wears the pants in the relationship

-EnVus-
04-18-2012, 04:05 PM
I take it she wears the pants in the relationship
Actually the guy of topic is no longer with her lol