PDA

View Full Version : salvaged title question help?

whiteedevilson
11-21-2005, 09:00 PM
i heard someone was saying if u get a salvaged title car, you wont beable to get a tag? is it true? whats all the process for it to go thru to get the car out on the road with a tag? can u still get insurance? would it cost the same as clean title car after you fix it? can someone help me answer all these question or give me information about salvaged title. thank!Q

RISKYB
11-26-2005, 10:00 AM
not exctly if the car is in current salvage status no you can t get a tag until its repaired and passes ga inspection, then the car will be retitles with salvage history and the certificate they give you will allow you to retitle and tag the vehicle

HiPSI
11-26-2005, 10:58 AM
i heard someone was saying if u get a salvaged title car, you wont beable to get a tag? is it true? whats all the process for it to go thru to get the car out on the road with a tag? can u still get insurance? would it cost the same as clean title car after you fix it? can someone help me answer all these question or give me information about salvaged title. thank!Q

if the car has a salvaged title you have to go through a proper repair process, then someone who is a certified rebuilder must take the car to be inspected by the state and if the inspector deems the repairs appropriate the car will be issued a rebuilt title.

in other words, you cannot perform repairs to the vehicle. the process must be undertaken by the rebuilder and there are certain rules to the inspection, like any repaired panels cannot yet be painted before inspection and all reciepts must be shown for parts/labor showing what was repaired. only after inspection and approval may the car be painted/finished. once the inspector gives the ok, the rebuilt title will come to you and you will then be able to insure and register the car as normal. insurance values should remain the same and therefore should cost the same to insure as a car with a clean title.

for detailed info look here
http://www.dmvs.ga.gov/motor/titles/needed/rebuilt.asp

RISKYB
11-26-2005, 12:46 PM
but keep in mind he cars value wont be as high, nor will many leanders be willing to loan money on a salvage title

IntegraXTR
11-26-2005, 03:41 PM
just don't get a salvaged car period and save the headache

3.5altman
11-26-2005, 04:29 PM
just don't get a salvaged car period and save the headache

I heard that... I used to own one and I didnt know it had a salvage title and I worked hard to get ride of that car.. so think twice

EJ25RUN
11-26-2005, 04:38 PM
best to buy one as a parts car or a race car (never driven on street).

besides these two things, nothing else.

whiteedevilson
11-29-2005, 11:09 AM
thank guy... i will just get regular car with clean titile so i wont have a headache later on. i am lookin for a car to put my motor in, but i havent find one yet. also, im on my budget.... still lookin for an eg... i should just crab that teg from you rick! thank again.