PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods h22 jones build thread (lots of pics0

h22 jones
05-07-2011, 04:01 AM
Ok so i dropped my block off at the machine shop to get bored to my pistons. I also dropped my head off to get jet washed since were done porting and polishing so i can pull my valve train out of the other head to put my new one together. I have two sleeved blocks and a set of weisco 88mm 11.5 compression (15.1 on f23 rods so they will have to be cut ) . So i think im going to build two bottom ends . One with the f23 crank,rods,and 88mm pistons and one with a stroker kit with 90mm pistons just depends on what deal i find. i already have the f23 crank ,rod and 88mm piston combo so i will start with that bottom end first and pick up parts for the other along the way.

Engine specs as of today .My mind changes alot as to what i want to do lol.
F23 crank
crower f23 rods (to much damn money but it is what it is no other choice)
weisco pistons (still undecided as to what compression i will cut them to )
balance shafts eliminated
skunk 2 springs and titanium retainers ( i bought a whole head just to get this out of)
pro 2 cams (probably step up to pro 3 with bigger bottom end)
h2b kit
three inch exhaust (two 3 inch resonators i hate loud exhaust)
b16 tranny (4.9 final drive with gsr fourth and ls fifth with lsd)
b16 tranny(gsr fourth and ls fifth with phantom grip its just a spare )
chipped p28(i have a aem but probably going hondata )
stock custom intake (built by me and my dad)
rc 1,000 (injectors in case i want to run e85)
kidd racing header (rmf nock off but may go with a custom header)

f23 crower rods
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/041-2.jpg
bunch of mounts
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/044-3.jpg
h2b kits
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/042-1.jpg
88mm weisco pistons
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/040-2.jpg
skunk 2 soeings and retainers
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/048.jpg
skunk2 flat face valves
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/050.jpg
b16 tranny plus spare tranny
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/047-1.jpg
few clutches and fly wheels
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/046-2.jpg
plenty of bearings lol
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/045-3.jpg
kiddracing header
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/051-1.jpg
3 inch exhaust
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/053-1.jpg
just another set of slicks and skinnys for the home team lol
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/052-1.jpg
back up sleeved block (Not sure which one ill use for the first bottom end)
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/045-2.jpg
custom intake by us
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/026-5.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/027-3.jpg
pro 2 cams ( I got them so i mine as well use them but pistons will be cut to go to pro 3 if i decide)
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/michaeldalej/055-1.jpg

DeeAOne
05-07-2011, 04:20 AM
Looks like some good stuff! One of these will go in the hatch?

ludeguy420
05-07-2011, 04:50 AM
wish i could do this to my car :(

h22 jones
05-07-2011, 05:01 AM
Sorry about all the pics but just wanted to prove to a couple haters that i do have what i say i have . I just got tired of fooling with photo bucket tonight . I dont think i ever started a build thread for my car so here it is stay tunned ill update as i go . I guess it is time and i cant wait lol. Yes i know i got way to much shit and no this isnt half of it.

h22 jones
05-07-2011, 05:06 AM
Im fixing to start building it next week. i was just waiting on my dad to finish my friend 270-280hp motor from atl. I got to get it put in his car also. I dont have a picture of the other sleeved block. The one pictured is golden egle dry sleeves and my other block is a fully sleeved dart block both are nice and will get the job done. It looks like my other block has more room to be bored to 90mm so i may use this one for my first bottom end and use the other for my bigger one . I just pick up stuff as i go lol.

h22 jones
05-07-2011, 11:26 AM
No this motor will not go in the blue hatch . Thats my dads dd that we just play with at the track. That car will be left just like it is for him to dd with 252 hp. Im building a whole different car thats why we never turned his into a race car and went the next step to get the most out of it . No need when you have something alot bigger and better in the works.

EmminoDaGreat
05-07-2011, 11:45 AM
You have Haters???

.:Stirfry:.
05-07-2011, 12:32 PM
what chassis are you going to use for yours?

Berta
05-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Quit taking pics of other ppls parts, Mike!!!!!! lol

.:Stirfry:.
05-07-2011, 03:25 PM
lol

DarKStaR
05-07-2011, 04:51 PM
looks slow....

1civic
05-07-2011, 06:52 PM
I just want the slicks!!.. muwahahaha!

*EFilliated*
05-07-2011, 07:11 PM
is any of these parts for sale lol. i need mounts

h22 jones
05-07-2011, 11:55 PM
The slicks are not mine there going on jasons car (the one that should make between 270-280). Also one of the h2b kits goes on that car also. So no nothing is for sale. It will all be used on these two cars . I got the white lensos that we run on the blue car so plenty of slicks to go around . Berta shhh you know how many people i had to borrow parts from to get these pics lmao. If i opened the back door to the office and showed the h22 salvage yard everybody that hasnt been to the shop would be like wow look at all the shit. I think all the stuff that i have left that belongs to other people is nemos head and kidd racing manifold everything else either goes on my car are jasons . He likes nice exspensive shit lol. I like what ever i can trade for lmao. He wasnt planning on making but about 230hp but i was like why not 270-280 . I think he guessed 230hp on my dads car when we was sitting at long horn before we got it tunned and he was way off. After he saw what dads made he was like yea 270-280 sounds good. I think his euro r intake might hold him back but besides that he has what it takes to make the hp.

h22 jones
05-08-2011, 12:05 AM
I am regreting selling my hatch shell but someone on here wanted it worse then i did so im looking for a shell now. I promise ill run across something by the time the motor is done i always do. Ive only owned probably 30-40 hatches no shit . The only one i ever regret getting rid of is the one my dad drives every day. You want find a nicer un molested si (besides the little h swap). It will have ac hooked back up before june . Just cant find were i hid the damn mount to bolt a d series compressor to a h series block .O well ebay sells them everyday.

It will be slow joey . I was thinking about retiring and letting you drive it since you weigh 70 pounds wet but now now you hating lol. What days you have off next week ? we gots stuff to do sir :)

DarKStaR
05-08-2011, 09:51 AM
monday and tuesday, i will be by there

h22 jones
05-08-2011, 09:57 PM
sweet.

Black4DrEK
05-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Good work mike!! Looks similar to my setup.. Cant wait to see you out there, also cant wait until I am done!

Keep up the good work as always.

h22 jones
05-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Machine shop called today block is ready and head has been cleaned ready for me to put my valves and springs in the port and polished head.

K24cb7coupe
05-10-2011, 10:41 PM
looks like you doin work!!!!

big mac
05-10-2011, 11:44 PM
dam man i need some of those parts hahahaha. getting ready to get my things back from machine shop so you might be hearing from me sooon for avice bro

h22 jones
05-11-2011, 12:42 AM
just let me know glad to help.

TheChosenOne
05-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Gl with the build.

h22 jones
05-11-2011, 09:31 PM
To busy to pick up stuff from machine shop maybe tomorrow .

DustnU
05-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Very nice setup, gonna be a SICK beast! When I get my setup done we will have to run for sure.

h22 jones
05-12-2011, 08:49 PM
I am about a nice and easy going as it gets but i think i have come to my limits . I need a new machine shop i have had it man. I want name names but i have given this machine shop tones of heads ,blocks and cranks what ever they need never charged them for nothing . He agreed to sleeve my block for free . I dropped it off a year and a half ago lol. I havnt been in a real big hurry and i ended up getting another sleeved block so it wasnt a rush to get it but still non the less he owes it to me. At first the sleeves would be nothing to get then they became a problem long story short he wasnt getting paid so he made no effort to find any . One day he just up and calls and ask for a 50mm h22 crank and im like why do you need that . he says well ive had a h22 55mm main block for six months supposed to fix it and didnt so i gave him the block i had up here and its a 50mm block so i need a crank for the guy (no telling what he is charging this poor guy). I asked you didnt give him my block that you were suppose to sleeve did you? Oh no its one i had up here . I said im telling you my block better be there when i get there . Guys i have thiry blocks that i could use for sleeving but thats not the point. Everytime he needs something its an emergency and i do what i can to help. I get up there and my block is still there but he states the guy hasnt picked it up yet becuase he is waiting on him to get the crank . So finaly i kinda get ill and im like man thats my block to start off with not yours and when are you going to damn sleeve it. Im ready to build my motor this shit is rediculous . Of course it will be done next week that was four months ago lol. I found a guy on honda tech with some golden eagle sleeves that let me get them for 100 dollars shipped so im thinking hell for 100 dollars it will be worth getting them so the damn machine shop can atleast do the work . Well they put them in and it looks great but they have to trim for were the rods go (something that takes a hour) and thats been a month ago lol. When i ask its well you know its a freebe and i got to get these paying customers out first . hell i could have scrapped the freaken aluminum and bought a damn sleevd block for the shit ive given them. Honestly i have a sleeved block that was a spare so i realy didnt care . I also decided to go with a 55mm main block so i gave him the 50mm main block that he had already practicaly stol anyway lol. He is beggin for the crank because the other guy is pissed and im like get my block done ill bring it to you (but its a freebe). So now i dropp my head off just to be cleaned and my other sleeved block to get bored to 88mm last friday. His exact words were this is something i dont have to do so it will be done by tuesday . Tuesday i send a timing cover to get welded up and he tells the guy i sent up there to tell me i can pick my stuff up . So i go by there today he isnt there and my freaking head and neither of my damn blocks have moved . I mean realy dude whats the fraking problem is it that ive been to nice i think so . So tomorrow im not going to be so nice and im going to pick up both my sleevd blocks , my head and my other freaking block and he can figure out how to make the other guy happy that he has been stringing along .

Im telling you guys everytime i try to be understanding and realy nice because hell none of this is that important to me anyways shit like this is what happens . if your to nice you get taken advantage of its a proven fact lol. Everybody that i have beat the shit out of i tried realy nicely to just let it go and be friends but that shows weakness and makes people push harder and try to bullie even more . It sucks that you cant just be a realy nice guy this day and time it realy does guys.

h22 jones
05-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Ok i just needed to vent thanks guys lol and yes i still need a machine shop in middle georgia that does good work and dont think they know freaking everything .

Berta
05-13-2011, 05:51 PM
it is really hard to find a good machine shop here. there was always something shitty everywhere i went.

h22 jones
05-13-2011, 09:21 PM
I have heard stories about all of them and i know shit happens so its not like i beleive what i hear . I also understand you cant drop a block off and say bore it then get mad when its not the specs you want if you didnt leave any specs. I do beleive that any of these machine shops could do what you asked if they wanted to . The problem is i keep hearing close enough . What the hell does close enough mean . Im not building a car that im drivnig everyday .I plan on turning some rpms lol. My dad doesnt spend 80 hours cutting a head and mulpitle times ccing the motor to get the compression just right for them to slip with a grinding rock and nick the bottom of the head then shve it and try to charge me for it (yes this has happened lol) . We had to have the pistons cut agaian and redoe the whole motor because they dont give a shit. Growing up i always thought the machine shop was were you get it done right . I new if i dropped a crank of when i picked it up it was right . I never second guessed them till i got old and smart enough to realize you have to check everything . I dont care if there brand new out the box you got to check them.

big mac
05-14-2011, 12:36 AM
damn man that suck i hate people like that ewing machine shop in swanne is pretty good

dakilla4ever
05-24-2011, 10:52 PM
I have heard stories about all of them and i know shit happens so its not like i beleive what i hear . I also understand you cant drop a block off and say bore it then get mad when its not the specs you want if you didnt leave any specs. I do beleive that any of these machine shops could do what you asked if they wanted to . The problem is i keep hearing close enough . What the hell does close enough mean . Im not building a car that im drivnig everyday .I plan on turning some rpms lol. My dad doesnt spend 80 hours cutting a head and mulpitle times ccing the motor to get the compression just right for them to slip with a grinding rock and nick the bottom of the head then shve it and try to charge me for it (yes this has happened lol) . We had to have the pistons cut agaian and redoe the whole motor because they dont give a shit. Growing up i always thought the machine shop was were you get it done right . I new if i dropped a crank of when i picked it up it was right . I never second guessed them till i got old and smart enough to realize you have to check everything . I dont care if there brand new out the box you got to check them.

Wow. I hope you get everything straightened out. I'll be watching this build. And if you and your dad need any help, hit me up. I'm down to work for knowledge. But great build so far none the less.

h22 jones
05-24-2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks man . I got to get by the machine shop and dont get me wrong anybody on here that knows me knows that i have no problem handling business when it comes down to it but that doesnt mean i enjoy being the ass hole im fixing to have to be . Im trying to calm down enough to try to handle this in a business manner rather then loading all my shit up and slapping his glasses off his lieing ass. I asked my employee was he sure when he dropped off the nissan timing cover to get welded up did the guy say my shit was done . He said yea and started telling me all the prices . Im going to assume maybe he thought my employee worked for someone else because i Have been giving him heads and blocks for years with out getting anything in return . I promise you im not paying him one dollar.

dakilla4ever
05-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Damn hell yeah. I feel ya there. Good luck with that situation. I got a question for you if you have time. I'm currently running a H22a1 and I'm only making 184whp and 144wtq. Is there anything I can do to squeeze more outta this motor before having to open it up? Here's my current setup for reference:

USDM H22a1 swap
5th gen AEM cai
Omni Power 70mm throttlebody w/68mm taper
Upper Intake plenum bored to 68mm to match taper on tb
AEM fuel rail and pressure regulator
Blacktrax Plenum spacers
Custom catch can/pcv setup
RC550cc injectors
Crower stage 1 cams
H23 manual tensioner conversion
Kiddracing header
2.5" custom testpipe
2.25" Nopi N1 style exhaust
P28 chipped w/ chrome and tuned
M2F4 Transmission
Competition stage 1 clutch and Ultra-light flywheel

Any help will be greatly appreciated

h22 jones
05-25-2011, 12:11 AM
Tranny is killing you and you still have the option to add cams or did you mean not even take the valve cover off ? There is a tone of ways to get cheap h22 hp but your going to have to go into the motor .

h22 jones
05-25-2011, 12:14 AM
you could buy the best header and intake made . You could get a three inch exhaust but if you dont upgrade your cams nothing but a balance shft removal kit will ad hp. Its alot to install it also. I have made 185hp on every healthy stock h22 ive had with bolt ons . I ran 13.5-13.6 with each one . Looks like you your making what it should be with the bolt ons that you have.

dakilla4ever
05-25-2011, 12:35 AM
Tranny is killing you and you still have the option to add cams or did you mean not even take the valve cover off ? There is a tone of ways to get cheap h22 hp but your going to have to go into the motor .

How is the trans killing me? And I wasn't including taking the valve cover off. Mainly talking about not having to take the head off.

you could buy the best header and intake made . You could get a three inch exhaust but if you dont upgrade your cams nothing but a balance shft removal kit will ad hp. Its alot to install it also. I have made 185hp on every healthy stock h22 ive had with bolt ons . I ran 13.5-13.6 with each one . Looks like you your making what it should be with the bolt ons that you have.

I'm in the process of assembling my 3" exhaust. And I've been contemplating ugrading my cams, but didn't want to have to take the head off to install the valvetrain. Then of course the issue with degreeing the cams......which is another thing I'm confused on. I thought the motor vibrates like crazy after removing the balance shafts anyways?

h22 jones
05-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Motor does vibrate any more thean if you had solid mounts . Honestly you cant hardley tell the difference with the balance shaft belt off. You can install your valve train with out taking the head off . Actually its easier with the head on to me . Just set your cams were the manufactuer sugest then you can move them one degree forward or back on the dyno and be close enough for what your doing .

TattooedFish
05-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Sorry to hear of this. I have.similar.problems cause.im a nice guy.too. I understand our frustration