PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods im building a b20vtec set up im trying to break the 200+ hp HELP PLZ

typercb7
05-04-2011, 11:21 AM
so i need a lil help im trying to crack the 200+ hp marker on a budget
so for i have a b20b block stock im using stock rods but they will be cryo threaded with arp rod bolts and full balanced on the crank rods pistons clutch/fly and crank pulley
i wanna use jdm b16b pistons for highcompression 84.5 mm of corse
as for and the head . i have a fully builted head Dual Valve Springs Titanium Retainers
honda oem type R valve and stock gsr cams for now :2cents:
my trans and clutch and fly wheel will be a
8 pound flywheel stage 4 clutch and a type R trans with lsd rebulid form honda
with this set up and a good tune will i break 200+ hp ...or what can some one plz help me :cry:

h22 jones
05-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Im not a b series man but im sure you want break 200s with this set up on stock cams. If you look down about three post there is a four page debate on this very thing.

typercb7
05-04-2011, 03:13 PM
hey i saw your car at the track and it ran good would be better to go h22a

h22 jones
05-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Lmao of im not touching that with a ten foot pool especially when i got beat by a b series lmao. i dont need the drama do what you do man if you decide to ill help as much as i can. if you do go h go h2b simple as that . A stock h2b runs 12.9 in a hatch and thats what the cock sucker thats talking shit lately said he ran (13.0) making 200hp so i would say h2b would be cheaper but up to you .

Black4DrEK
05-04-2011, 09:18 PM
I wont make it with the stock GSR cams.

Not sure if your head is Ported or Polished but that would help you with your goal.

smote
05-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Won't happen. B16B pistons don't come in 84.5mm bore. Cams are too small. You also didn't mention IM/Header/Exhaust or any of those minor things.

ek forever
05-11-2011, 07:17 AM
If you're replacing the pistons already might as well get some real pistons and some rods. Stock cams won't get any b-series over 200whp. Not easily. The cams especially will be what hold your goal back.

justnprsh07
05-11-2011, 08:02 AM
This setup will make over 200 easy... If you put nitrious on it

Vteckidd
05-11-2011, 08:26 AM
so i need a lil help im trying to crack the 200+ hp marker on a budget
so for i have a b20b block stock im using stock rods but they will be cryo threaded with arp rod bolts and full balanced on the crank rods pistons clutch/fly and crank pulley
i wanna use jdm b16b pistons for highcompression 84.5 mm of corse
as for and the head . i have a fully builted head Dual Valve Springs Titanium Retainers
honda oem type R valve and stock gsr cams for now :2cents:
my trans and clutch and fly wheel will be a
8 pound flywheel stage 4 clutch and a type R trans with lsd rebulid form honda
with this set up and a good tune will i break 200+ hp ...or what can some one plz help me :cry:

First of all JDM B16 pistons dont come in 84.5mm. You can however buy the RS Machines pistons that come in 84.5mm. However, i would not bore the stock B20 block. They have very thin and weak walls, and i would keep it at the stock 84mm.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RS-MACHINE-RACE-SPEC-B20-84MM-ITR-PISTON-SET-TYPE-R-84-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem231083a6cfQQitemZ15060 0918735QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Next up cryo treating the rods is a waste, but i would balance and use ARP Rod Bolts for sure because without them the rods will fail.

no stock cams will not get you there, id look for at LEAST type-R cams, but nowadays you can pick up Skunk2 Stage 2 or Blox Bs for $300 and under if you look hard enough.

Make sure you use all new bearings.

Vteckidd
05-11-2011, 08:28 AM
That build sounds like a junkyard setup instead id do this

b20B Block
Eagle Rods-$300
RS Pistons or CP-$350-400
Skunk2 Stage 2 cams
Hytech replica Big Tube header -$250
AEBS Intake manifold-$150

That should put you around 200whp even with a stock TB and stock ported head

typercb7
05-11-2011, 10:04 AM
this is just stuff i have laying around at my shop and as far as the b16b pistion id have to get them oversized and i heard cyro the rods where pretty good they would be just like forged rods and i do plain to spray 100 shot behind the setup but then it would make way over 200 but even if i just get 190 and change ill be happy i guess i need to rethink
my build

Vteckidd
05-11-2011, 10:33 AM
this is just stuff i have laying around at my shop and as far as the b16b pistion id have to get them oversized and i heard cyro the rods where pretty good they would be just like forged rods and i do plain to spray 100 shot behind the setup but then it would make way over 200 but even if i just get 190 and change ill be happy i guess i need to rethink
my build
well "thrown" together NA setups rarely work well. Ive NEVER seen and NA rod fail from the fact it wasnt cryo treated. It is almost always the rod bolt that stretches and fails. Which is why i recommended the ARP Bolts.

spraying nitrous on a higher compression setup with stock like pistons is NO NO. Cast pistons have weak ringlands, they will break

TheChosenOne
05-11-2011, 04:33 PM
TypeRCB7... ur gunna do what you want, but your getting some advice from folks that have YEARS of hands on experience. Trust, and believe, there is no such thing in cheap HP...that lasts. Do a little more research. B20vtec.com is your friend.

allmotor-teg
05-12-2011, 05:22 PM
TypeRCB7... ur gunna do what you want, but your getting some advice from folks that have YEARS of hands on experience. Trust, and believe, there is no such thing in cheap HP...that lasts. Do a little more research. B20vtec.com is your friend.

agree 150% with you.

h22 jones
05-12-2011, 08:15 PM
I love to go fast cheap so i feel were you are coming from . But you can be cheap and do it right lol. Save were you can and put money were it counts. I dont understand why you would want to spray stock pistons but cryo treat stock rods for a very mild all motor set up. Im sure you can find a nice set of eagle rods for 200 dollars . if your just wanting to threw together a bunch of stuff laying around then no need to get the rods cryo treated lol because thats not going to help your weak ring glands . If you have any plans on spraying it please buy some pistons you want regret it. b series parts are a dime a dozen you can trade and swap yourself a nice cheap all motor build . if you go ahead and get your bottom end built right with rods and pistons then later on you could pick you up some cams to finish off a realy nice build . Try to get your compression between 11.1-12.1 so you will have enough to run a bigger cam later own down the road. I hate to see people waste money when its realy hard for alot of people to come up with the stuff to build a motor mine as well get the most out of it. If your not planning on turning the motor high rpms so your not worried about rod bolts no need in cryo treating. But your going to want to do a little more later own and your going to find a great deal on some cams but hey you cant turn the motor because it doesnt have rods lol.

My motor has been together for three years and eveything in it is stuff we ran across deals on . It didnt make 252 hp the first time in the dyno either but i made sure when we built it that it had good rods and 12.5 compression so i could run bigger cams if we found some later own down the road. A buddy of mine had a set of 11.1 je pistons on eagle b20 rods i think for like 300 bucks . I mean how cheap do you need it to be thats cheap as shit. I found the crower rods in my motor for 75 dollasr and some stock injectors btand new lol. Dont go so cheap you end up leaving a weak link to destroy the parts you spent good money on but do some research and im sure you can find what you want cheap enough to have a nice build man.

typercb7
05-13-2011, 11:22 PM
Well ill just save up and buy rods and pistions i cant go wrong so ill do it right the first time
I really am thankfull for the addvice i chang my mine im gona go balls out thanks u guys