PDA

View Full Version : build ls/vtec turned on and then shut off. (HELP PLEASE)

allmotor-teg
04-26-2011, 03:22 PM
my ls/vtec motor just got build(HAD 87 OCT IN THE TANK, maybe thats the cause but idk) have all the plugs wires, dizzy, ecu and everything but last night when i went to start it for the first time it will not doit with just the key ignicion, had to use a tool to touch both of the wires in the starter, the car turned on fairly quickly, no weird noises nothing it was on for like 2 mins and it died, we tried to turn it on but it wont turn on, tried 3 cylenders and it worked but not with all 4, the fourth was producing spark but cant identify whats the cause of it not turning on, idk if its the gas, the ecu i really have no clue whats going on, the injectors were working fine, dizzy works, brand new spark plugs, what you you guys think???

sorry for the long reading.

thanks in advance (ricardo)

terrytowe22
04-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Ground may- b came lose should have 3 grounds
Ecu fuse may have blown
Main relay
Ignition switch

terrytowe22
04-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Also icm in dizzy could make it misfire

Vteckidd
04-27-2011, 09:06 AM
my ls/vtec motor just got build(HAD 87 OCT IN THE TANK, maybe thats the cause but idk) have all the plugs wires, dizzy, ecu and everything but last night when i went to start it for the first time it will not doit with just the key ignicion, had to use a tool to touch both of the wires in the starter, the car turned on fairly quickly, no weird noises nothing it was on for like 2 mins and it died,

Ok first of all if you mean you put the key in, turn it, and NOTHING Happens, either your starter is bad, you have a bad ground, or your battery is dead. Diagnose that first. Battery should have proper voltage, try jumping it off, check all your grounds, hit starter with hammer, etc.

we tried to turn it on but it wont turn on, tried 3 cylenders and it worked but not with all 4, the fourth was producing spark but cant identify whats the cause of it not turning on, idk if its the gas, the ecu i really have no clue whats going on, the injectors were working fine, dizzy works, brand new spark plugs, what you you guys think???

Gas isnt a problem unless its more than 6 months old. Ok so it cranked up ran on 3 cylinders then shut off. Well if its a fresh built motor its not uncommon for a cylinder to be "dead" until the rings seat. Which should be instantly so you have some work to do

1) Determine if its a fuel or spark issue. You said the cylinder had fire. So its either a dead cylinder or a fuel issue. DO A COMPRESSION TEST and see if that cylinder is low. If it is not, then make sure the injector is firing and has power.

What injectors are you running? What ECU?

Do all that and report back on what you find

allmotor-teg
04-27-2011, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE=terrytowe22;39245558]Ground may- b came lose should have 3 grounds
Ecu fuse may have blown
Main relay
Ignition switch[/QUOTE

does 87 oct fuel compared to 93 oct make such a difference that it will not run??

allmotor-teg
04-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Ok first of all if you mean you put the key in, turn it, and NOTHING Happens, either your starter is bad, you have a bad ground, or your battery is dead. Diagnose that first. Battery should have proper voltage, try jumping it off, check all your grounds, hit starter with hammer, etc.

Gas isnt a problem unless its more than 6 months old. Ok so it cranked up ran on 3 cylinders then shut off. Well if its a fresh built motor its not uncommon for a cylinder to be "dead" until the rings seat. Which should be instantly so you have some work to do

1) Determine if its a fuel or spark issue. You said the cylinder had fire. So its either a dead cylinder or a fuel issue. DO A COMPRESSION TEST and see if that cylinder is low. If it is not, then make sure the injector is firing and has power.

What injectors are you running? What ECU?

Do all that and report back on what you find

thanks vtec kidd

1)i would to that compression test asap.
2)stock injectors, using a stock p28 ecu
3)ill get on that.