PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to reset the nissan 350z tpms light?

G.C
04-26-2011, 11:56 AM
We are goign to sell my brother's 350z. The dam tpms light wont turn off though.

It blinks and stays on after a minute. Researched a little and said its either a malfunction or it needs a reset.

Dealer wants 90$ for a reset......... I have no problem paying maybe half of that...even the whole price but the car has no tag/ insurance. So i can't drive it there. It has been kept in garage for a while. The pressure was low, so we inflated to recommened 35psi but the light still stays on after blinking.

I was wondering if anyone had a way to reset it without any special tool?

We tried disconnecting the battery but it didn't work out.

Mr Egg Rollllll
04-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Is there any way you could bring it to your local Discount Tire? We reset those all the time for free, but I cannot remember the exact instructions for the reset on your particular car.

Browning151
04-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Here's what Alldata says:

Tire Pressure Monitor Reset Procedure
The TPMS will activate only when the vehicle is driven at speeds above 16 MPH (25 km/h). Also, this system may not detect a sudden drop in tire pressure (for example a flat tire while driving).

The low tire pressure warning light does not automatically turn off when the tire pressure is adjusted. After the tire is inflated to the recommended pressure, the vehicle must be driven at speeds above 16 MPH (25 km/h) for several minutes to activate the TPMS and turn off the low tire pressure warning light. Use a tire pressure gauge to check the tire pressure.

*Note:
TPMS malfunctions may occur for a variety of reasons, including the installation of replacement or alternate tires or wheels on the vehicle that prevent the TPMS from functioning properly.

CAUTION: Do not inject any tire liquid or aerosol tire sealant into the tires, as this may cause a malfunction of the tire pressure sensors.
When a spare tire is mounted or a wheel is replaced, tire pressure will not be indicated, the TPMS will not function and the low tire pressure warning light will flash. Contact your NISSAN dealer as soon as possible for tire replacement and/or system resetting.

If that doesn't work you'll probably have to have someone reset them.