PDA

View Full Version : Integra boggs out when cruising

Captain-Obvious™
04-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Car always idles fine and revs fine when sitting still. I'll drive it for a while and it will drive perfect. Then all of a sudden while just driving along it will kinda bog out and not wanna pull anymore. Kinda sounds like a mis fire. If I full throttle it it will stop bogging. If I push clutch in and rev it revs fine. Even right after it was bogging.

I've replaced the following parts already:

Spark plugs
Spark plug wires
Distributor cap
Rotor button
Fuel filter

None of that made any difference. Does anyone have any ideas?

hondaxpurt
04-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Map sensor? Any cel?

*EFilliated*
04-22-2011, 11:22 PM
why throw on parts to hope it fixes it? any CEL?

Captain-Obvious™
04-23-2011, 12:05 AM
No codes except o2 sensors and IAT.

Cynical 1
04-23-2011, 08:34 AM

sheasekhatch
04-23-2011, 10:41 AM
o2 sensor could be causing it to run rich and bog. when you floor it, or return to idle, it ignores the o2 signal, and runs off base map (open loop) and runs fine.

IAT could be "tricking" the engine into thinking it is getting colder air than it is, again causing a rich.

i'd bet o2 though.

just my guess.

x2

silverDA
04-24-2011, 02:20 PM
this is def o2.while going at a steady speed,speed decreases right until you give it more gas....

Captain-Obvious™
04-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Yeah, I just don't think it's the o2 sensors. Sometimes it runs fine for a full day. And then sometimes, like today, it didn't want to go or run right at all. So I just took the car back home. But then I sat at a R/R crossing for about 5 minutes at idle, and it ran fine the rest of the way home.

Could this be a fuel pump/system issue? I checked and double checked all of my wiring. And it is correct and they are all good connections.

Cynical 1
04-25-2011, 10:56 AM
:)

Captain-Obvious™
04-25-2011, 11:12 AM
ok. then keep 'er running like crap...

you've thrown over $100 in parts at it and not fixed it, so why not spend $35 more and get it to run right?

I don't even have a catalytic converter. So the o2 sensor will always read wrong. I've had literally over 10 cars of various makes and models with o2 sensor codes including Hondas and none of them have ever caused this issue. The sporadic way the car runs weird leads me to believe it's not caused by the o2 sensors. If it was, it only follows that it would run poorly all the time. Not once every 100 miles of driving the car.

Cynical 1
04-25-2011, 11:15 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b143/dasimbaking21/Gifs/ChipperJones.gif

Code-Aye
04-25-2011, 11:28 AM
why throw on parts to hope it fixes it? any CEL?

eliminating one thing at a time, spark plugs and wires could all cause boggin or hesitation

Captain-Obvious™
04-25-2011, 11:37 AM
ok...

Guess you don't have anything to say now? Since you've been ASE certified since you were 8 years old I would think you'd know more reasons why the car might act like this. Instead of saying it's the o2 sensors and being a jackass.

I have 02 sensors in and they're new. I'm guessing the codes are on because I have no catalytic converter. But if no cat was causing this problem that must mean almost every other ricer Honda on this forum does the same thing mine does. But they don't. So I'm just looking for suggestions on all things that might cause this so I can make an intelligent decision on which to try first.

Cynical 1
04-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Guess you don't have anything to say now? Since you've been ASE certified since you were 8 years old I would think you'd know more reasons why the car might act like this. Instead of saying it's the o2 sensors and being a jackass.

I have 02 sensors in and they're new. I'm guessing the codes are on because I have no catalytic converter. But if no cat was causing this problem that must mean almost every other ricer Honda on this forum does the same thing mine does. But they don't. So I'm just looking for suggestions on all things that might cause this so I can make an intelligent decision on which to try first.

gave you an intelligent answer, and a place to start. sorry to try and help.

but hey, it's your money and your car, and your problem to figure out.

so, instead of resorting to name calling, i'll just say good luck. your problem is obvious, captain.