PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods H22 turbo block question

stealth1
04-20-2011, 01:33 PM
I have finally decided to get away from the turbo d16:cry: set ups and I Have a h22 (closed deck block) lying around. I know that the cylinders are good but I would like to get it hone. Where can i take it to get the FRM sleeves honed? ppl are saying take it to a machine shop that do Porsche motors but where are they?? can't find any locally ( i am in statesboro but am willing to travel anywhere in ga, or fl). I have had quite a few machine shop say yea we can do it....then i ask them what kinda of sleeves it has and they say normal Honda ones:thinking: (i then decide to stay away from them...lol) i have had only one tell me (in savannah) "i cant do it because of the sleeves"......also it being a closed deck how much psi/hp can the actual block hold before it goes? I am going to run the mahle pistons with hbeam rods either with a gt35 or maybe a holset hx30 or hx40. My room mate just ran the mahles on stock rods (without a hone) and were fine forever yet at about a month ago he up the boost (to see which would go first the rods or the sleeves/ cylinders sense it is a closed deck.... the rods let go @20psi lol (broke right in half they got :idb:) and the cylinders are still in good shape

justnprsh07
04-20-2011, 06:46 PM
stock sleeves with mahle pistons and eagle rods is an easy 500.. if it "needs" honed i would just do the dart replacement sleeves... there only 300 bucks, press right in, run any piston you want, almost any machine shop can handle swapping the sleeves out, and hold 40 psi+... no need in doing the full out sleeves bc the block is already closed deck

stealth1
04-20-2011, 09:22 PM
i appreciate the response. Cant find any info on the actual block with hp. everyone says "i am thinking of do this set up....ect"....I am only looking for max 450-500 (unless i get happy with it) to the wheels on pump gas (if able to). but i guess i will have to see. I guess that means i need to get some mahles (any places locally or know where to get them for the low?) ........and that also some good info with the press in sleeves..... are you the one that everyone says send the head to you/ your dad for head work?? .......what setup are you running? if you don't mind me asking and any numbers?

justnprsh07
04-21-2011, 03:22 PM
thats mike jones me the "allmotor guru" when it comes to h22 and stock parts for under 275hp and his dad does good work from what ive seen.... and if you want 500hp to the wheels its very easy to do with a turbo h22, cheapest way is eagle rods, mahle pistons, stock sleeves, and kaizen speed bsl for the bottom, and springs and retainers, stock valves, and stock cams for the head... fuel need either single bosh or walbro intake and bosh on fire wall with 1000cc injectors, and a better fuel filter and feed line, this is where you make the power... spend all your money on a good turbo and intercooler first off "ebay shit will kill you" basically buy all good turbo stuff and it wont be a prob. if you do this you will see the numbers you want and it wont break the bank you can daily drive it and have fun on the weekends

if you want more power easier do press in sleeves 89mm bore little higher comp ratio and skunk2 pro1s this would make about 550 on 15psi with the right turbo setup... porting the head will help in spool time and all around power gain but is not a must as there are ppl making 750 plus on stock head with just springs and retainers

stealth1
04-21-2011, 04:03 PM
i appreciate it i have read many many forums on the h22 block and the amount of hp it can handle and no one seems to know. I know from many turbo setups that ebay shit doesnt work (my first fully built motor, the turbo went after about 3k miles) then i said i might as well go get the good stuff bc of all the money i had in the motor (roughly 4k plus shipping :no:) that was the first and only time i ran ebay set up....so I am going to go pick up a head tomm from a guy on here and i guess order the pistons and eagle rods, with out honing i figured if something messes up i will just do the sleeves like you are talking about. Thanks again for all of the info.......what are you running (engine setup and psi if you dont mind me asking, trying to get a feel for what it might put down....it the first h for me i love dseries and this might convert me to the "big block" side of things....lol) and whats it putting down?

justnprsh07
04-22-2011, 12:24 PM
nobody knows how much the block itself will really hold bc rods or pistons normally give out first... only thing that sucks its the stock sleeves make it to where you half to run stock or mahle pistons and simply putting dart replacement slee es lets you run whatever pistons you want and i know jimmy from jjspec was running them at 40plus psi and it held

stealth1
04-22-2011, 03:01 PM
I appreciate all the good info....and also thanks for the head... i will be ordering the pistons and rods withing the next week or so....just so you know i have two sets of pistons and rods (ones us h22 the other one is from jdm h22) just in case of you want to use them in that next build you were talking about.... i also wanted to ask you what size injectors were you running on you old setup? i was considering rc1000cc if not the 1200cc

justnprsh07
04-22-2011, 04:35 PM
lol if you would have got with me 2 weeks ago i sold a set of eagle and crower rods, wiseco and arias pistons, and 1000 and 1200cc rc injectors