PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with Kenwood?

BarnDog296
11-21-2005, 11:23 AM
ok, everytime i see posts up from people mentioning kenwood, people either dont say anything about it, or they dont say anything good about it. What is up with Kenwood that everyone seems to dislike?

I am asking b/c I am in the process of building a fully kenwood Excelon system in my car. I have always loved Kenwood products, and have never had any problems with them dying, or needing to be replaced or ANYTHING! They have always had good sound for me, and Excelon is a really amazing product that is supposed to rival the highest end systems...

So, what is up with it? I really do want to know, in case i want to move my build to another company...

Vuongy_Dong
11-21-2005, 07:44 PM
kenwood is a nice product line. decent, fairly priced. Kenwood was one of my favorites, but as time goes by, they seem to stay away from high end and make it affordable for everyone.

BanginJimmy
11-21-2005, 07:51 PM
kenwood is a decent budget brand but they are VERY far away from high end. I wont say anything bad about them, nothing very good to say either though.

BarnDog296
11-21-2005, 08:08 PM
i understand that about Kenwood, but still, what about the Excelon series? I am in the process of building this setup right now, and i want to make sure that I am getting something I am going to be happy with.

BanginJimmy
11-21-2005, 09:07 PM
its all in the install. with a quality install even garbage equipment can sound decent and with a poor install extremely high end gear can sound horrible. I'm not saying that the excelon line is garbage, it pretty good stuff. Just make sure it gets a proper install and you will be happy.