PDA

View Full Version : Transmission problem Spins with case off But not when case is on.

southside
04-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Alright the transmission is a cable s1 b16 tranny, I put a viscous lsd in once previous owner removed the Quaife.Well transmission worked fine before is what I was told.I put the lsd in and transmission shifts and spins fine with the case off.In every gear it spins with the case off.But once I put the case on it doesnt spin.I noticed that the new lsd sits maybe about a hair higher because I had to shave the case to get it to fit.But it spins fine with the case off just when I put the case on it doesnt spin.It will spin if in neutral but the differential stays still.But when I put it in gear it doesnt spin at all.

:thinking::thinking::thinking: Im confused and cant figure it out.Part of case that was grinded was the fins near the lsd.

RBS
04-18-2011, 05:52 PM
you didnt space the differential right, pull it all back apart and check your clearances on both the passenger AND drivers side washer sleeves.

RBS
04-18-2011, 05:54 PM
your vicious LSD could be for a hydro transmission also ...

Tech5
04-18-2011, 10:01 PM
assembled wrong

Starrfire
04-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Yep it doesn't help that there are shims a-z and then aa-zz thicknesses. Thats a lot of shims.

southside
04-19-2011, 06:02 AM
assembled wrongFigured that much,trying to see where I went wrong.

you didnt space the differential right, pull it all back apart and check your clearances on both the passenger AND drivers side washer sleeves.Will do

your vicious LSD could be for a hydro transmission also ...Came from a cable Gsr or b16 which ever tranny vteckidd had for sale.Guy I got it from was Torqlswonder he said vteckidd told him it was a gsr when he counted the teeth.I was wondering maybe the diff ring gear was different.But when I researched alot of people said it was different some said it would be the same since both trannys were s1.

RBS
04-19-2011, 07:39 AM
check the shims then, be sure to check with a feeler gauge and check again to make sure

southside
04-19-2011, 09:38 AM
check the shims then, be sure to check with a feeler gauge and check again to make sureYup think thats the problem,Came to a conclusion that the quaife was prolly shimmed a little different compared to oem diff.