PDA

View Full Version : Misc Nitro RC help

msanch24
04-16-2011, 01:09 PM
I've got a nitro Traxxas nitro 4-tec (nitro RC car). It's been sitting for a couple years, and now I finally have some time to take it out and it wont start. I've already replaced all the batteries (in car, and glow plug), but still nothing. It turns over but doesn't fire. Anybody on here have any ideas? I'm gonna try flushing the fuel lines and stuff and putting in fresh nitro, but to say the least, I really have no idea with these things. Classic case of "ran great before it sat". I have no idea if this is in the right place of the forum, so I apologize if it belongs elsewhere.

thanks,
Matt

-EnVus-
04-16-2011, 01:13 PM
Glow plugs can be bought new bad..... also use a few drops of nitro on a plug as starter fluid see if it starts then kinda like a real car.

msanch24
04-16-2011, 01:32 PM
cool cool. I appreciate the help.

smoknlegend
04-16-2011, 06:06 PM
make sure its not gunked up inside. If nitro sits for a long time it gets sticky in the motor. Check out rctech.net and you can find much more help.

msanch24
04-16-2011, 06:10 PM
make sure its not gunked up inside. If nitro sits for a long time it gets sticky in the motor. Check out rctech.net and you can find much more help.

will do, thanks man.

slostang
04-17-2011, 12:41 AM
take the glow plug out and put about 3-4 drops of after run oil in the cylinder. turn it over about 30-30 times with the glow plug out just to make sure its good and lubed. flush out all the old fuel, and like envus said put a little fuel on the plug when you try to crank it.

msanch24
04-17-2011, 09:07 AM
good deal, thanks!