PDA

View Full Version : Brakes???

ludeguy420
04-03-2011, 02:44 PM
ok i changed my caliper the other day now when i push the brakes it is making a scrapping noise.. so i took it off an did it agian an its still making he same scrapping noise. i have checked the dust plate so idk what it is i need help ia

slostang
04-03-2011, 03:11 PM
If your pads have a little piece of metal on either end remove it.

ludeguy420
04-03-2011, 03:25 PM
those little brass pieces?

slostang
04-03-2011, 04:35 PM
yep

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/crackenzag1/2010-11-18_145828_brake_pad.jpg

ludeguy420
04-03-2011, 05:10 PM
thanks im going to try that when i get off

Tech5
04-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Those are WARNING indicators don't take those off , that tells you , you need to change your pads soon . What pads did you use and do they have the shims on the back??

If it only does it when you press the pedal it's either the shim on the back of the pad or pad holders that are in the caliper bracket in wrong or it's a little to far to the rotor .ALWAYS grease the end of the pad the metal part that rest in those caliper holders this will prevent weird noises and makes the pad move freely... Also always lube the caliper pins

ludeguy420
04-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Those are WARNING indicators don't take those off , that tells you , you need to change your pads soon . What pads did you use and do they have the shims on the back??

If it only does it when you press the pedal it's either the shim on the back of the pad or pad holders that are in the caliper bracket in wrong or it's a little to far to the rotor .ALWAYS grease the end of the pad the metal part that rest in those caliper holders this will prevent weird noises and makes the pad move freely... Also always lube the caliper pins

they where just stock pads you but from advanced.. i replaced the pads less than 2 months ago.. i put grease on the pins.. i will have to check the shims in the morning.... it sounds like a piece of metal or something is rubbing but i dont see any scratches or anything on the rotor.. this is why i hate brakes

jfryer496
04-03-2011, 10:00 PM
double check ur dust guards push them away from everything...

jfryer496
04-03-2011, 10:03 PM
ur pads Might be crystalized... depends on how hard you use them and what level pads u got

Tech5
04-03-2011, 10:45 PM
ur pads Might be crystalized... depends on how hard you use them and what level pads u got

I have used the cheapest pads you could image and never had a metal to metal sound .maybe a squeak sound here there .

slostang
04-03-2011, 10:53 PM

I had a issue with pad indicators with aftermarket wheels. also seen it happen with a few cars at work with aftermarket wheels.

Tech5
04-06-2011, 08:33 PM
I had a issue with pad indicators with aftermarket wheels. also seen it happen with a few cars at work with aftermarket wheels.

Sounds to me someone bent them , they are designed to only touch the rotor once pads has been worn down. It points to the rotor I don't see how this could make a noise unless they had bad (worn) down pads . I have replaced about 1 millions cars pads and never had indicator be an issue unless pads was worn or someone bent them .

ek forever
04-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Ditto on checking your brake dust guard thing. Mine occasionally bends over just enough to make contact at low rpms for some reason. Very annoying. Just bang it out of the way with a hammer or something.