PDA

View Full Version : If you have never done it......

Bacon
04-02-2011, 09:17 PM
.....Blood Mountain on a bike is awesome. Met with 03RCode today and rode out to a car show in Blairsville. On the way up, I rode up the Unicoi Turnpike and came home via Blood Mountain. Definitely an exciting trip on both routes even though the hard factory seat on the Ninja was, literally, a pain in the ass but worth it. :goodjob:

03RCode
04-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Aren't you glad we talked you into hitting that on the way back? Next time up we will spend a full day showing you the twisties!

Bacon
04-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Sounds like a plan to me. Let me take care of my coolant issue first though.

03RCode
04-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Still overheating on you? I need a front tire first, mine is cupping off I noticed when I got home, when I came down Unicoi I noticed the turn in was feeling odd and discovered that when I got home. Stupid Metzler.

Mad Mike
04-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Love that road. I live right down the road from it and I'm usually on it every weekend when the weather is nice.

Bacon
04-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Love that road. I live right down the road from it and I'm usually on it every weekend when the weather is nice.

It was awesome. I wasn't even expecting it to have that many curves as Google Maps showed it almost a straight line with the exception of a hairpin. Definitely an exciting trip and can't wait to do it again.

03RCode
04-02-2011, 09:53 PM

You can't be far from me then. Blood Mountain is almost my back yard.

Bacon
04-02-2011, 10:14 PM
I think I will plan to bring the bike to you for tuning the same time me and my family go to Helen to visit. Not sure yet though.