PDA

View Full Version : Gaming NFS Shift 2

brownhornet
03-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Anyone on here plan on picking it up?
Shift had the ability to be very simmy, or scaled down for fun.
I liked it a lot and plan to pick up Shift 2.

Nemesis
03-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Picked it up yesterday, here's my short review from playing the game for around 2 hours last night.

The Good:

Graphics and sound are amazing. Probably honestly the most immersive and enjoyable experiences playing a hybrid sim/arcade style racer.
Im a huge Vaughn Gitten fan, so I dont mind the cut scenes and voiceovers. (no homo)

The Bad:

If you're used to Forza, plan for at least an hour of hitting walls and learning how to drive again. The controls feel really weird and unresponsive at first. Almost laggy. However, the more I played it it started to feel more natural and I could actually sense weight transfer if that makes sense.
I hate any game where you are forced to do something, in this game its having to go into Career Mode.

Overall, its worth a buy to me.

Tech5
03-30-2011, 02:47 PM
No Hot pursuit is more my style

brownhornet
03-30-2011, 04:35 PM
Im a huge Vaughn Gitten fan, so I dont mind the cut scenes and voiceovers. (no homo)

The Bad:

If you're used to Forza, plan for at least an hour of hitting walls and learning how to drive again. The controls feel really weird and unresponsive at first. Almost laggy. However, the more I played it it started to feel more natural and I could actually sense weight transfer if that makes sense.
I hate any game where you are forced to do something, in this game its having to go into Career Mode.

Overall, its worth a buy to me.

I didn't really feel the cutscenes, but it wasn't a big deal.

It's good the hear that I wasn't one struggling a bit last night. I almost gave up on it, because I got frustrated. But I'm a hard head, and couldn't admit defeat to a video game.

jdm eg6
04-03-2011, 08:25 PM
http://www.streetfire.net/video/shift-2-unleashed-autolog-time-attack-challenge_2230018.htm

merfwin
04-04-2011, 02:16 AM
I love it! only bad thing is that you cant drift online.... which is a major let down.

jdm eg6
06-26-2011, 08:51 PM
I love it! only bad thing is that you cant drift online.... which is a major let down.
Then it sucks lol