PDA

View Full Version : engine info

91crxsi
11-20-2005, 06:54 PM
im a month away from havin the $ for the b16a swap done into my 91 crx. but im workin as a temp for a local company, so im scared that my budget wont allow it,considering i could be laid off. I NEED to get my crx runnin one way or another, so my Q is, is how much could someone do a ZC DOHC swap into my car, labor n all. the motor runs like $600 on hmotorsonline. cuz if i cant afford to have the b16a swapped in, im gonna have the ZC installed. so let me know.

91crxsi
11-20-2005, 07:34 PM
anyone?

Type-R
11-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Word or warning about Honda Motors Online.....

I put a order in for a motor/tranny and it took them 2 months to get it to me. Had a 3 week period where I couldn't even get them to communicate with me. And on top of that they shipped me some shaddy stuff. If you do infact order through them, once your order arrives.... inspect it, check seals and internals. They've been known to chop parts and sell bogus stuff. And that mexican that works there is a shaddy guy too.

91crxsi
11-20-2005, 10:28 PM

I put a order in for a motor/tranny and it took them 2 months to get it to me. Had a 3 week period where I couldn't even get them to communicate with me. And on top of that they shipped me some shaddy stuff. If you do infact order through them, once your order arrives.... inspect it, check seals and internals. They've been known to chop parts and sell bogus stuff. And that mexican that works there is a shaddy guy too.
yea ive heard from a few ppl that hmo is like that. i mostly use them to get quotes on engine prices. but good lookin out :goodjob:

IntegraXTR
11-20-2005, 10:55 PM
yeh I agree, you should just order it locally like from a shop or nad auto off jimmy carter

91crxsi
11-20-2005, 11:19 PM
well i was planning on setting somethin up with Mainstream Performance. ive heard good words about that shop and i seen how they setup my cousins turbo recently. so, right now their my best bet

-S Double C-
11-20-2005, 11:30 PM

it took six weeks to get my long block i ordered from them :2up: ...then on top of that they sent me a FUCKING auto b16 motor which have 15hp less then the manual ones :rant: . b/c the cams are smaller! :rant:

ILL NEVER DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN!! :rant:

IntegraXTR
11-20-2005, 11:44 PM
it took six weeks to get my long block i ordered from them :2up: ...then on top of that they sent me a FUCKING auto b16 motor which have 15hp less then the manual ones :rant: . b/c the cams are smaller! :rant:

ILL NEVER DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN!! :rant:

damn thats messed up

91crxsi
11-21-2005, 01:18 AM
damn thats messed up
yea that is messed up. ive only ordered one thing from them and it was a JDM speedo cluster. 6 weeks went by and i never recieved it, so i called, and they said they were out of stock, and i told them i was tired of waiting so they sent me my money back. that took forever too. :2up: