PDA

View Full Version : KA-T question

flexis300
03-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Im looking at buying a KA-T 240sx, its pushing around 300+ on 8lbs of boost. it has a garrett 76mm turbo FMIC etc. I took it for a test drive the other day and it has a gargle when slowing down or at idol, and it backfired idk if its just a turbo thing or what? could someone elaborate for me? Thanks

-EnVus-
03-28-2011, 05:42 PM
sounds like turbo lag or spool idk much about turbos but yeah...A lot of 240s do this idk if its just the KA builds or what more than likely could be running rich like a lot of them ive noticed

flexis300
03-28-2011, 06:42 PM
so the problem could be corrected with a retune? it also has a oil leak, but it is barely noticable could a gasket be the issue? i have never owned a turbo car before and i know the leak is prob because the engine is just breathing a little.

slostang
03-28-2011, 07:30 PM
sounds like its just running rich and burning excess fuel while decelerating. very common, i wouldnt worry about it at all.

-EnVus-
03-28-2011, 08:32 PM
so the problem could be corrected with a retune? it also has a oil leak, but it is barely noticable could a gasket be the issue? i have never owned a turbo car before and i know the leak is prob because the engine is just breathing a little.
You deff don't wanna keep the oil leak to long turbo cars depend on the oil pressure to be perfect to much. This can cause it to not boost where it should be and burn rings easy...

EmminoDaGreat
03-28-2011, 10:07 PM
sounds rich, whats it tuned with?

flexis300
03-31-2011, 04:39 PM
i took the car to a mechanic today and found out that it is just the valve cover gasket that is causing the leak! this is an easy fix and it looks like a KAT is gonna be my new ride. thanks to everyone that posted.

SUV Blogger
08-10-2011, 01:41 AM
I would agree to "You deff don't wanna keep the oil leak to long turbo cars depend on the oil pressure to be perfect to much. This can cause it to not boost where it should be and burn rings easy... "

Best Regards
Shreya Mehta
Check our interesting Nisaan (http://www.suvblogger.com/car-reviews/2010-compact-suv-nissan-rogue/) suv reviews on suvblogger.com

Drummerboy
08-10-2011, 02:57 AM
lol, I was leaking a quart a day at IA this year....

But yeah, sounds like decel backfiring. It's a perk IMO. lol.