PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Prelude auto tranny problems

N/A EK
03-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Car info:
2000 prelude auto, with 155k stock.

I dont know much about automatic transmission.... This is whats happening to mine.

I swapped a new tranny in it, new torque converter and filled it up with Honda ATF fluid. Crank the car let it warm up for a few minutes and took it for a test drive. For the first couple miles tranny shifts like butter , everything works fine .... suddenly after those couple miles it starts acting up , rev's up like it in neutral and then it shifts , trip-tronic stops working , no reverse .... Let it cool down for 20-30 minutes everything is back to normal , shifts and works great until it warms up from driving:thinking:

I dont whats going with this , is this a bad tranny too . Can it be fixed without taking to transmission places ????

Some ppl told me to clean up the shifter solenoids and it might fix the problem..?. Idk im just lost in all this. Let me know if you guys know what should I do . Thanks in advance

Tech5
03-29-2011, 01:31 AM
With all auto's in Hondas you should always clean the filter screens under shift solenoids and all the lines really well .... Any CEL codes?

If no codes It would be a bad tranny , sounds like it's slipping but I would check the fluid while engine is OFF no running ....

Tech5
03-29-2011, 01:33 AM
But clutches tends to grab better when they are cold , as you put a load on them and get them hot they tend to slip causing the neutral feeling your having thus needs a new tranny .

N/A EK
03-29-2011, 11:31 AM
With all auto's in Hondas you should always clean the filter screens under shift solenoids and all the lines really well .... Any CEL codes?

If no codes It would be a bad tranny , sounds like it's slipping but I would check the fluid while engine is OFF no running ....

Yes it gave me a code , p0700 transmission malfunctioning or something like that.

I cleaned every sensor on that tranny. I will check the fluid and lines one more time tomorrow and let yall know what happen.

Thanks for all the info guy's.

uho
03-29-2011, 11:43 AM
MAN TRANS SWAP TIME!!!!!

Tech5
03-30-2011, 02:28 PM
OK Po700 is a internal code and you can't fix it , clean it or even change fluid this is tranny has to be replaced or rebuilt !

N/A EK
03-30-2011, 05:45 PM
The car is for sale , i aint messing with it no more .