PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Decent car wash in Kennesaw/Acworth?

Lightsped
03-28-2011, 12:58 PM
I have a lowered car. I would like to take it to one of the big automatic car washes in Kennesaw/Acworth.

Which car wash is easiest to clear as far as the bottom of the car is concerned? I don't want the "track" of the car wash to damage the bottom or lip of my car....

msanch24
03-28-2011, 02:55 PM
its my experience that those things are worth it. just wash it yourself, man.

chompsticks
03-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Oasis car wash on canton rd has a nice automatic touchless car wash, I usually run it through there to get the big particles off and then wash my car by hand at home. Their coin wash isn't that bad either.

David88vert
03-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Hand wash is the only way to go. Auto-Glo on Cheshire Bridge Rd is a long way from you, but all hand wash.

chompsticks
03-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Don't go to places that do handwashes. They generally reuse their wash mitts which trap the dirt particles from other vehicles. Lots of swirl marks unless they use a new mitt for every car.

Lightsped
03-29-2011, 12:44 PM
I used to go to the big car wash on Wade Green right near I-75. I forget the name, but its right near the Waffle House.

Anyways, there is like this "track" thing that guides the car as it goes through the car wash. I am concerned that the track is now too tall for my now lowered car.

I'd like to go somewhere that the car is stationary and is not "guided" through the wash.

Any ideas?

chompsticks
03-29-2011, 07:47 PM
The Oasis car wash on canton is stationary, touchless.

Otherwise if you are looking for handwashes you can try the corner of piedmont and sandy plains or somehwere off roswell rd near 120

Might be too far for you.

alpine_aw11
03-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Don't go to places that do handwashes. They generally reuse their wash mitts which trap the dirt particles from other vehicles. Lots of swirl marks unless they use a new mitt for every car.

Idk about all that, I work at a car wash and I have never seen a single rag get re-used on anything for any reason. I guess if a bunch of retards work at a wash then that could happen.

chompsticks
03-29-2011, 09:18 PM
Idk about all that, I work at a car wash and I have never seen a single rag get re-used on anything for any reason. I guess if a bunch of retards work at a wash then that could happen.

Guess it depends on where you go, I just remember going to one place and noticed swirl marks after the wash.

Anywas, coin wash and then the hand wash at home later is an awesome combination. ;) Speaking of washing, I gotta spray the possum guts out from under my car...

David88vert
03-30-2011, 06:52 AM
I've always seen hand car washes clean their mitts. I have a black car, and never got swirls from a hand car wash.

Black4DrEK
03-30-2011, 12:10 PM
grow some balls, and wash it yourself.

David88vert
03-30-2011, 12:21 PM
When you only have one car, its easy to wash it yourself. When you have several cars, you don't want to waste your whole day washing them, you just pay others to do the work, so that you can spend your day doing what you want to do.

Lightsped
03-31-2011, 09:54 AM
When you only have one car, its easy to wash it yourself. When you have several cars, you don't want to waste your whole day washing them, you just pay others to do the work, so that you can spend your day doing what you want to do.

Exactly! I couldn't have said it better myself. I have multiple cars and my free time is important. It may not be as good of a wash as if I did it myself, but that is ok with me. I have other things to do.....

I'll check into that Oasis place. I looked them up and there is an Oasis wash on Wade Green across from the Home Depot.....

chompsticks
04-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Oh, and if you want a handwash I would do it for you. $20 handwash exterior and vacuum interior. windows, jams, and dash. :)