PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a cell phone.

msanch24
03-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Aight guys, I was hoping to hear experiences or knowledge on the three phones im considering when i have an update this may.

The phones are:
1) HTC Inspire
2) Motorola Atrix
3) Samsung Galaxy S2

My thoughts are, I like the feel of the software in the HTC, and it has great quality feel to it. The other two feel more serious and business like but they offer more features and cool little doodads.

Help me out. Im hopeless with technical stuff. :no:

Bacon
03-27-2011, 10:39 PM
I don't have much advice to give since I have Verizon, but this may help out

Android Phone Comparison (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=atrix+vs+inspire+vs+galaxy)

I have heard nothing but amazing reviews on the Atrix if that helps any.

Skorcher
03-28-2011, 06:46 AM
http://www.aroundhawaii.com/assets/articles/2009/04/1674/images/small_brick_phone.jpg

:D

I don't get my upgrade until Nov., but if I could do it now it would be the Atrix. It, and the Galaxy S2 are both dual core processor, and that's where everything is going... so I would count out the Inspire.

msanch24
03-28-2011, 07:50 AM
I don't get my upgrade until Nov., but if I could do it now it would be the Atrix. It, and the Galaxy S2 are both dual core processor, and that's where everything is going... so I would count out the Inspire.

Yeah im kinda thinking the same thing. Plus the Inspire has what like a 1230ma battery, and under heavy use only lasts like 4 or 5 hours. I definitely want the speed of the dual core, but i almost feel like the atrix is only worth it if youre willing to buy and use the multiple (but baller nonetheless) accessories like the lapdock or multimedia extension. HDMI output is definitely sounding pretty neat, and also the 2mp front facing camera and the 1980(?)ma battery have got me leaning that way. but, The phone itself feels cold and businesslike, like using it would be like trying to fuck a broad who's jst lying there with her eyes clenched.

As far as the Galaxy s2, id need to go mess around with it. that samsung oled screen is definitely great, but again, i feel like unless you watching movies and play games all the time, its going to waste.

Bacon- ill check it out man, thanks.
EDIT: Go fuck yourself lol. I was just wanting to hear if anybody had any firsthand experience on here with any of them since i know some of the guys on here are phone whores.

Nemesis
03-28-2011, 07:59 AM
I personally gave my iPhone4 up for the Android HTC Inspire. Love it, have no complaints.

msanch24
03-28-2011, 08:03 AM
I personally gave my iPhone4 up for the Android HTC Inspire. Love it, have no complaints.

How is battery life man? thats my main concern at this point.

Bacon
03-28-2011, 08:14 AM
I have a Droid X on Verizon and love it. I'm not a fan of AT&T but the Inspire and the Atrix are getting good reviews.

Nemesis
03-28-2011, 08:14 AM
How is battery life man? thats my main concern at this point.

Its really no better or no worse than my Iphone 4 was. With only using it once in a while during the day for a phone call/text here and there I can almost go two days without a charge. If im seriously using it non stop, I can go about a whole day on one charge.

msanch24
03-28-2011, 08:32 AM
I have a Droid X on Verizon and love it. I'm not a fan of AT&T but the Inspire and the Atrix are getting good reviews.

yeah, it makes it hard to decide when all the phones im considering get great reviews lol.

msanch24
03-28-2011, 08:33 AM
Its really no better or no worse than my Iphone 4 was. With only using it once in a while during the day for a phone call/text here and there I can almost go two days without a charge. If im seriously using it non stop, I can go about a whole day on one charge.

gotcha. thats what im hearing. really want the front facing camera though... hmmm

Bacon
03-28-2011, 09:04 AM
When you Google any reviews, try to find the ones done by CNet. They do great reviews.

msanch24
03-28-2011, 09:39 AM
will do

iamdallas
03-28-2011, 10:44 AM
...go Sprint and get a Nexus S 4G or an Evo 3D.

Otherwise, I would get Atrix and pray that an awesome Seidio makes an extended battery like the one for my Evo. I leave Wifi and 3G on constantly and don't have to charge for 2 days on average.

Or just buy a Nexus S. :D

msanch24
03-28-2011, 11:14 AM
...go Sprint and get a Nexus S 4G or an Evo 3D.

Otherwise, I would get Atrix and pray that an awesome Seidio makes an extended battery like the one for my Evo. I leave Wifi and 3G on constantly and don't have to charge for 2 days on average.

Or just buy a Nexus S. :D

Not an option unfortunately. Im on the family att plan till i get out of school. Plus with the new merger going down, im excited to see how att's 4g will do!

Bacon
03-28-2011, 11:19 AM
First person I have heard that is even remotely excited about that merger.

msanch24
03-28-2011, 11:30 AM
First person I have heard that is even remotely excited about that merger.

lol itll probably come with plenty of headaches, but for anyone with a 4g phone, it should be a good feeling to very soon be under tmobile's network also.

1CleanEg
03-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Get the Atrix man, Dual core, got hardware, and its not made by samsung. I have the Vibrant for T-mo which is a galaxy S phone and like all other samsung phones, they took forever to send an update, and the update is buggy. But if ur into rooting and running different roms, i would get the S2.

msanch24
03-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Get the Atrix man, Dual core, got hardware, and its not made by samsung. I have the Vibrant for T-mo which is a galaxy S phone and like all other samsung phones, they took forever to send an update, and the update is buggy. But if ur into rooting and running different roms, i would get the S2.

Yeah, i think im just going to have to wait for the s2 and go play with it for a good long time. I happen to really like samsung phones.

1CleanEg
03-31-2011, 07:43 AM
yea might as well, ill most likely jump on the LG optimus 2x when it comes out.

msanch24
03-31-2011, 10:18 AM
yea might as well, ill most likely jump on the LG optimus 2x when it comes out.

havnt heard of that one. what will the specs be on it?

1CleanEg
04-01-2011, 09:18 AM
It will run android 2.2 at first possibly, but will be upgraded to 2.3 gingerbread. Tegra 2 super chip, Nvidia GPU which will also allow HD Skype.

The LG Optimus 2X is the fast and hyper performance super phone:
o The Optimus 2X delivers faster performance, seamless multi-tasking, full HDMI and true visual gaming for a better user experience.
o Key specifications include
§ 4-inch WVGA screen
§ 8GB memory (up to 32GB via microSD)
§ 1,500 mAh battery
§ 8 megapixel rear camera and 1.3 megapixel front camera
§ HDMI mirroring
§ 1080p MPEG-4/H.264 playback and recording.

msanch24
04-01-2011, 10:02 AM
galaxy s2 wins out in a couple of those categories. I think thats what im gonna go for.

1CleanEg
04-01-2011, 10:12 AM
yea i cant wait for both to come out,