PDA

View Full Version : Auto to 5 speed

tuyen
03-23-2011, 08:46 AM
Does anybody know what I would need to turn a auto to 5 speed. Ecu, tranny, shift link, clutch paddle, cluster. And what else do I need. On a 94 prelude thanks

six7teen
03-23-2011, 02:35 PM
master cylinder, slave cylinder, clutch lines, clutch, flywheel, new mounts (torque mount, conversion mount, and possibly rear mount)(at least on civics you do, not sure of preludes), probably a new center console, shifter, boot, knob, and time... and for clutch pedal, you probably need the entire assembly (clutch, brake, and gas pedal..)

here is why.. you are going from pedals like this..

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k374/six7teen/mugen1.jpg

to pedals like this..

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k374/six7teen/images-1.jpg

Notice the size difference in the brake pedal..

if i think of anything else ill post up.. its not to bad of a swap as long as you make sure to have EVERYTHING before you start

DustnU
03-23-2011, 02:53 PM
He pretty much covered it all, good shit!! The wiring is easy clutch switch and cruise if you have it, plus the reverse lights. You have to cut the big shifter connector and splice the 2 large black wires together to make it start with no clutch. (I did it on my Ej)

tuyen
03-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks 4 the helpful info Time to hunt for this part

jfryer496
04-04-2011, 05:06 PM
alot of work man but good luck!

Tech5
04-06-2011, 08:34 PM
alot of work man but good luck!

No not really once you get it its a piece of cake to do .

turbob20
04-08-2011, 10:18 PM
dont forget theres 2 wires under the shifter consol i had to connect a big black with white stripe and a big black with a yellow stripe that went to the neutral lock out so it would only crank in neutral or park. just twist em together and alot of these swaps crank in gear also because of the non existant clutch switch not in the automatic car where you have to push clutch to crank car! and some times the linkage just has to be last to install because you have to line it up drill bolt holes for 12mm bolts and nuts even though the holes there they dont usually line up perfect! good luck!

tuyen
04-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Anyone what to help me do the conversion I will pay labor.. Change my mind on the prelude I'm gonna do it on the Honda civic hatch 98