PDA

View Full Version : I want my T-Mobile

quiet_s0ng
03-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Hey guys and gals, i wanted to start a thread to see where everyone stands with the recent AT&T / T-mobile merger, i use the word merger loosely because like all major companies mergers the government still needs to approve it. i'll start

i'm currently with t-mobile and have been since it was power tel, yes i said power tel, even before it was voicestream. yes i have been with t-mobile since the beginning and been through the up and downs and still happy with my service provider. i see that the merger as being a good thing only for AT&T and see little if any for T-Mobile customers. i say this because:

1. AT&T would have access to an already established T-Mobile HSPA (4G) network.
2. They would gain T-mobile customer base making them the largest provider over Verzion
3. Stockholders have seen a jump in stock prices
4. Bigger coverage area for AT&T customers

all that means dip shit to me as a T-mobile customer because all i'll have to look forward to if the deal is approve are:

1. Worst call quality (AT&T was rated as the worst provider by consumer reports just last year)
2. Higher prices from my service (AT&T can not continue to turn a profile on current T-Mobile plans prices)
3. Losing my unlimited plan talk,text,and data (they have already done away with their's and is going to be a matter of when not if they are going to do away with current T-Mobile customers' unlimited plan)

as you can tell AT&T will gain more while i as a T-Mobile customer will lose what's important to me. mark my words T-Mobile customers will be the "red headed step child of AT&T) :no:

ash7
03-22-2011, 05:05 PM
If this merger is anything like the Alltel/Verizon merger that happened a couple years ago; i'll most likely be ending my service as soon as they jack up the prices and require me to sign an AT&T contract. The most attractive thing to me was how T-Mobile allowed customers to buy their phone outright and pay substantially less per month. I don't know if AT&T does that - but if they do not, then i'll be out.

-jonathan

Humphrizzle
03-23-2011, 06:44 AM
i have tmobile. i like it but i have shitty service. hopefully the two combine and make my signal strength better because my dad has AT&T and he has service at the house and i dont.

cant change anything about it, but if they fuck with my 80 dollar unlimited plan, i will just go with straight talk or something.

quiet_s0ng
03-23-2011, 08:51 AM
they're not going to be running on one signal all AT&T customers will still be running on AT&T signal and T-Mobile will still be on T-Mobile signal. if they want everyone to be on one signal AT&T is going to have to provide all T-Mobile customer with new phones or spend billions more to inner-grade both signal to work as one which i see neither happening after this 39 billion they just drop for T-Mobile. is going to be duel layer system for the 4G customers they are going to run both HSPA and LTE. they was behind of Verizon LTE system so rather then use the money to develop and improve their own LTE (4G) they just brought T-Mobile HSPA towers. our plans will change. if you're contract is up with T-Mobile but you are still with them when the switch happen AT&T is going to force you to sign a new contract and get you to pay for an AT&T phone to get on their network. if you are still under T-mobile contract at the time of the switch you will be grandfather in meaning you will still have your unlimited plan but only till your contract is up then you will have to sign a new one with AT&T and pay for a new phone to work on the network. all the romors that AT&T is going to bring back their unlimited plan are faults. they have already started to limit the data transfers on their own u-verse tv and their DSL internet and if you go over they are going to charge you for it. their network is old and can't handle all of this data so you're going to have to pay if you wanna play for the data you use.

KlassAct_EJ6
03-23-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm on the fence with this assimilation. If AT&T don't show any improvements on reception and customer service in the next year I'm just gonna switch to a local phone service here in Cincinnati.