PDA

View Full Version : Air Bag Danger ?

-EnVus-
03-21-2011, 08:28 PM
My wifes Car has a defect and the Horn switch is gone bad. Mitsubishi is gay and made it part of the SRS so you have to replace the whole center section. Is there any chance when i unplug the wires to the bag it will deploy on me ? what should be done ????

EmminoDaGreat
03-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Best bet is to disconnect battery for about 30 minutes, and the replace it. The SRS systems will hold a little voltage and can go off even with battery disconnected, However it shouldnt just deploy because you unplug it.

SUBY_RUE
03-21-2011, 08:35 PM
They shouldn't, just unplug the battery first. Although, unplugging the airbags might cause the srs light to turn on after you put it all back together. You will have to take it to a shop to get the light cleared if it comes on.

-EnVus-
03-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Best bet is to disconnect battery for about 30 minutes, and the replace it. The SRS systems will hold a little voltage and can go off even with battery disconnected, However it shouldnt just deploy because you unplug it.

They shouldn't, just unplug the battery first. Although, unplugging the airbags might cause the srs light to turn on after you put it all back together. You will have to take it to a shop to get the light cleared if it comes on.
Yeah i was thinking it may be best to undo the battery and also she has done wreaked and had this thing repaired 4 times i don't think the shit works. I wanna be on the safe side though lol

SUBY_RUE
03-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Lol, all my years working in a body shop I have never seen a airbags blow by just unplugging one. You should ne good...

-EnVus-
03-21-2011, 09:19 PM
aight thanks guys