PDA

View Full Version : General Chat need help!!

Eg4LiFe
03-21-2011, 09:26 AM
i just changed my front wheel bearing and my axle but when i drive the car and is pressing brake to slow down i hear a sound (squeaky noise), so i checked my brake pads and rotors, and they seems to be fine but still making the noise, idk whats wrong with it. can it be the ball joints that is making the noise? should i just go head and change the brake pads? will an alignment stop the noise? or is the noise coming from the new wheel bearing?

please help ia... the squeaky noise is very annoying

msanch24
03-21-2011, 11:13 AM
try general tech

-EnVus-
03-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Check the brake shield its more than likely touching the caliper/rotor

Eg4LiFe
03-21-2011, 11:24 AM
Check the brake shield its more than likely touching the caliper/rotor

i did and its clear.

Sneezin
03-21-2011, 12:38 PM
is it making the noise the whole time the car is being driven or just when your pressing the brake? if it squeaks when you turn it might be the ball joint, b/c mine would squeak when i turn and then the lower ball joint fell out and messed my fender all up. maybe when you had the brake pads off you stepped on it getting something pressed in the brake pad so now it squeaks when you hit the brakes haha

Eg4LiFe
03-21-2011, 05:07 PM
is it making the noise the whole time the car is being driven or just when your pressing the brake? if it squeaks when you turn it might be the ball joint, b/c mine would squeak when i turn and then the lower ball joint fell out and messed my fender all up. maybe when you had the brake pads off you stepped on it getting something pressed in the brake pad so now it squeaks when you hit the brakes haha

can it be the upper ball joint then? cause my look kind of loose, or it looks like it's gonna pop out

Sneezin
03-22-2011, 03:38 AM
well if the rubber grommet, or boot or whatever the tech. term is is busted. i would change it. bc it can get dirt, sand, or water in there and causes rust/wear down and cause it to pop out when you hit a bump or turn. if you have your car slammed out you might want to look into the extended ball joints; buddy club, m-factory, spoon, few more i think. but some of them have grease fittings in the that allows you to grease them for a longer life

Eg4LiFe
03-22-2011, 08:48 PM
can it be the caliper too? maybe the caliper went bad or is weakin?