PDA

View Full Version : Will juvenile record show up on finger print (FBI based) background check?

G.C
03-21-2011, 08:35 AM
i did two back ground check before. both checking felonies,misd,etc. and both times, nothing came up. but how far will this finger print based background check go? anyone with experience?

Sneezin
03-21-2011, 12:08 PM
usually your juvenile records are sealed after you turn 18 and none of the charges are still pending.

BanginJimmy
03-21-2011, 05:07 PM
A basic background check will come up clean. A more in depth one, such as one for a security clearance, will have your juvi record.

DynamicSound
03-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Yeah, will not come up on a regular background check.

Got Milk?
03-21-2011, 05:25 PM
I got arrested when I was in high school. For beating up some somalian kid. Went to juvi, didn't give any finger prints or anything. They had me in a tiny cell till my parent came and just signed me out. I went to a one day program after that, and it was said that it would be sealed. It would not show up on my records. I belive they told me only if FBI tries to do a full investigation on me for w.e. reason, that's the only time it would show up, to the feds.

G.C
03-21-2011, 08:31 PM
It doesn't matter if they are non govt business or not right. well i guess i'll see how stuff goes tmrw. :) thanks for replies

Slow Motion
03-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Even in depth records shouldn't show that you went to a juvenile detention center. If you are trying to get a federal government job or a job with the police department or anything related to security they will find it. It will not show up even if a job says they are going to do the FBI check. Done.