PDA

View Full Version : Misc Where to buy FURNITURE? living room / bedroom sets!

Fuster_Cluck
11-20-2005, 11:34 AM
I'm located in Mcdonough area but willing to drive up north of ATL if the place will deliver to my home.

I'm going to check out the RoomsToGo Outlet on 75 just south of the airport. Anyone else have any recommendations? A friend told me about www.simplybeds.com which has pretty nice stuff.

Basically looking for:

King size bed (prefer black or stainless look)
dresser
night stand

And a livign room set!

Thanks for any feedback :goodjob:

The Ren
11-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Believe it or not there are alot of places on the Jimmy carter Access Rd that have very resonable prices and good furniture...

quickdodgeŽ
11-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Big Lots. Later, QD.

Bishop
11-20-2005, 03:36 PM
IKEA

Leisa
11-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Rooms To Go

IntegraXTR
11-20-2005, 04:28 PM
come to us....UFO furniture located right off jimmy carter. We got the best deals around even carry ashley furniture too. PM me if serious

Bishop
11-20-2005, 04:42 PM
IKEA, im telling you. Not sure how much their furniture is...but im sure its the cheapest u can find cause you have to put it together yourself. LOL i just went to atlanta station the other week and checked out the ikea. Got some 50 cent glasses. Bitchin prices there.

IntegraXTR
11-20-2005, 04:48 PM
IKEA, im telling you. Not sure how much their furniture is...but im sure its the cheapest u can find cause you have to put it together yourself. LOL i just went to atlanta station the other week and checked out the ikea. Got some 50 cent glasses. Bitchin prices there.

same as us, we are direct from factory, you have to assemble your own things unless you buy it off the floor model. but you got it hands down on the .50 cents glasses...lol

KoukiDrftr
11-21-2005, 01:52 AM
American Signature by the mall of ga. thats where i bought my living room set from.

LaurenK
11-21-2005, 08:09 AM
IKEA, TARGET, ROOMS-TO-GO...That's where I'd go.

Kristi
11-21-2005, 10:26 AM
I got my living room set for pretty cheap from American Signature. There is a place in Lawrenceville called Brownlee's furniture or something like that and they have all the stuff that Haverty's and places have except a lot cheaper - and that is where I got my bedroom furniture. I also got my coffee tables, end tables and sofa table from Target.

IKEA is a good place too.

Tuan
11-21-2005, 03:38 PM
ikea has a lot of nice shit and there pretty cheap too...plan to spend sum time in there cuz the place is freakin huge

Red
11-23-2005, 11:52 PM
Believe it or not there are alot of places on the Jimmy carter Access Rd that have very resonable prices and good furniture...

Word, I got most of my stuff at Bova and By design. 24 months no interest! Oh yeah.

Fuster_Cluck
11-24-2005, 05:13 AM
I visited IKEA over the weekend. I was impressed with the price for what you get :goodjob:

Only thing is this bed I liked largest available size is Queen. After seeing the difference between Queen/King, no way I am settling for a Queen.

http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/52086_PE152391_S4.jpg

http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/26419_PE111654_S4.jpg

All the other frames (wood) will be available in a black/brown (looks black) in January. So, I'm going to check other places and if I don't own a King size by January, then I'll pick one up from IKEA. On to the other stores........

PS <> If anyone can help me out..... I am looking for a black or metal frame like something in the pictures. Must be King and reasonably priced :bigok:

ISAtlanta300
11-24-2005, 11:45 AM
Crate and barrel...

duck2k6
12-09-2005, 06:28 PM
now not trying to hate on ikea but i have had a lot of customers come in my place of buisness and complaining about how shi_ _ y there furniture is . it does not last long . when you are shopping for furniture you want it to last ,check us out at ufo furniture warehouse.ask for duck or krucial. peace out!

Fuster_Cluck
12-16-2005, 02:41 PM
I went to a couple local shops (Cloud 9 and Mattress King) and tried a few matresses....

Looking at either a Serta ($1,000) and another brand which I can not think of at this moment.

I am just going to get a frame, box spring, and mattress.
Get a better mattress with the $$ screw having a head board!!

Is it possible to get too soft of a bed? I would like something soft, but some almost seem to "sinky" soft.

IntegraXTR
12-16-2005, 05:14 PM
now not trying to hate on ikea but i have had a lot of customers come in my place of buisness and complaining about how shi_ _ y there furniture is . it does not last long . when you are shopping for furniture you want it to last ,check us out at ufo furniture warehouse.ask for duck or krucial. peace out!

fasho man, I have no comment about other furniture places or mattress places, but I will tell you that we deal with alot of customers complaining about the others, if you're looking for furniture, check UFO furniture out, yeh I know the name sounds cheezy but we get it straight from the factory at wholesale prices.

Neke01
12-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Not to contradict y'all, but I've been buying IKEA since '99 and their furniture will last. Also, you can't really beat their prices. I got my whole bedroom set from them for under $600 (King size bed, nightstand, and just two days ago my dresser). I've also owned quite a bit of their living room furniture and it has always help up nicely. Also, I had this shelve (I've had it for 3+ years) that got a little nick so when IKEA opened here in Atlanta, I just took it in and they just gave me a brand new one with no questions asked.

However, I will say that if you're not into modern-looking furniture and want something made out of solid wood and in classic styles, it's not really the place for you. I would warn against Rooms-to-go though. When I was doing research on where to get my furniture when I first moved back to Atlanta (b4 IKEA opened), I was looking at Clark Howard's page and they have a section in their forums specifically for Rooms-to-go horror stories. Mostly about their delivery people and their customer service.

Just my :2cents:

Fuster_Cluck
12-20-2005, 07:50 AM
To be delivered tomorrow morning....

box spring, king size mattress, and frame = $1,000 :)

Marty
12-20-2005, 08:44 AM
I visited IKEA over the weekend. I was impressed with the price for what you get :goodjob:

Word to IKEA. The wife and I re-did our bedroom about 2 months back for around $1000 for everything. It's a king-sized Ikea frame and Ikea foam mattress.

http://jonathanmartin.hopto.org/images/misc/broom2.JPG
http://jonathanmartin.hopto.org/images/misc/broom1.JPG

Scrappy
12-20-2005, 10:15 AM
I have redone my house in IKEA. its a nice place and the quality is 100% pimp

CMO
12-20-2005, 12:02 PM
IKEA rocks, my cousin in VA got me hooked on it.I hadn't even heard of it until I went to her condo a few years ago. I went up there about 3 months ago and her stuff still looks new.

mivec3g
12-20-2005, 06:48 PM
If you want to know about furniture then just ask me. I deliver for Havertys. IKEA is ok if you don't mind the cheap quality. You get what you pay for. It is all the same for cars as well. At Havertys we are a little more, but we honor all of our furniture so if there are any problems, we will take care of it. IKEA is ok if you don't mind picking it up and putting it together yourself. At Havertys we will deliver and set it up where you want it for only 80 dollars. If you go through Rooms To Go, they will charge you more for delivery and their customer service sucks. If you need any more info, just pm me or write me at [email protected] . :goodjob:

ISAtlanta300
12-20-2005, 10:02 PM
I bought some leather couches from Haverty's.. Good shit ! Kinda pricey, but nice.