PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Scam in Progress

crf150
03-16-2011, 07:44 PM
So send an email showing my interest in a 2006 gsxr750 with few miles for 2700......already suspicious. I recieve the following....

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my 2006 Suzuki Gsxr 750 K6 with 2729 miles. The title is clean and clear. The bike is still for sale and it is as good as it looks. I have decided to sell it for $2700 and the buyer will receive it with all papers and receipts that he needs to register it so if you buy it you don't have to worry about the paperwork. Also you will have 5 days to inspect and test after you receive it.
It was my husband's but unfortunately he can't use it anymore as he died 3 month ago. I moved back where I was born in Provo,UT and now it will be shipped from here. Please get back to me for more photos and only if you want to buy it.

Thank you,

I send another email saying that my father and I fly free and he is willing to fly to utah in the morning....which is actually true. I recieve the following...

The bike is located in Provo,UT as I told you from my first email but my brother in law will use his discount to help me with shipping so I will have to pay a small amount.He have a business with sewing machines and he is using the shipping company from around 3 years. The total amount that you will have to pay for it will be $2700 as this is the price that I expect to sell it.

The inspection period will be set to 5 days and I think is enough for you to make a decision about the bike.I also want to inform you that I am entertaining another 2 offers for it at this moment so please let me know your decision as soon as possible to know what to do.One of them is waiting for a loan and will get in touch with me tomorrow if he can buy it or not and the other one have only $2500 to buy it.

:thinking: OOOOKKKKK. So i send another email stating that he will there in the morning if you send me your info. So we'll see how this turns out:no:

iamdallas
03-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Don't waste your time... they're pathetic, low life, exploitative, bad English speaking cocksuckers.

crf150
03-16-2011, 08:43 PM
I wish there was a way to turn it around on them. She just sent me an email ignoring what i told her telling me we will use google checkout.

sim0nvr6
03-17-2011, 12:37 AM
same thing almost happened with my dad over a harley. the person was good enough to make a fake ebay page and linked it into the ebay system somehow. my dad was about to send the paypal when he decided to check one last time. sent the ebay number and a screen shot of the page to ebay representatives and they had no data of anything like that in their system. crisis averted.

97_c1vic
03-17-2011, 12:52 AM
Nothing new noob.

G.C
03-17-2011, 08:57 AM
I wish there was a way to turn it around on them. She just sent me an email ignoring what i told her telling me we will use google checkout.

lol at your avatar. trying to get jap girls?

Doppelgänger
03-17-2011, 10:49 AM
I thought stuff like this was common sene as to being a scam?

You should ask for an address because you want to send them a M.O. or cash. Try to obtain some kind of address. If you do-

Type up a simple letter (it's contents will be revealed in a moment).
Print this document.
Before touching it, put some gloves on.
Fold up the letter and stick in an envelope...still wearing gloves.
Put some powered sugar in the envelope..just a little though...not enough that when you close it up you can even tell it's in there.
Shake the envelope up a bit, get the letter covered in sugar.
Type up his address, print and tape it to the letter. Same with the return address.
Drive to a drop off post box somewhere far away from your house....like 50+ miles.
Scammer gets the letter (hopefully- since they will be expecting cash/M.O.)
Scammer opens envelope and gets letter that says "Anthrax is a bitch you scamming fuck".

RL...
03-17-2011, 10:53 AM

there is nothing common, about common sense

Doppelgänger
03-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Not these days, I guess.

civic gsr
03-17-2011, 09:08 PM
^lol nice idea

01CDMLUDER
03-23-2011, 03:35 PM

You should ask for an address because you want to send them a M.O. or cash. Try to obtain some kind of address. If you do-

Print this document.
Put some powered sugar in the envelope..just a little though...not enough that when you close it up you can even tell it's in there.
Type up his address, print and tape it to the letter. Same with the return address.
Drive to a drop off post box somewhere far away from your house....like 50+ miles.
Scammer opens envelope and gets letter that says "Anthrax is a bitch you scamming fuck".

Don't print it from your computer.. Print it somewhere far from ur house in a public place with no cameras.. They can trace it back to the computer used and also the printer used..

RedGTS
03-23-2011, 04:45 PM
welcome to craigslist/the internet
please sell your computer now...

Bballjamal
03-24-2011, 07:23 AM

Print this document.

I hope you didn't *uck yourself by writing that on the internets! They check for stuff like this HOURLY and put you on a list lmao