PDA

View Full Version : New Tein S-Tech, and they ride nice.

Mdeezy
11-20-2005, 08:33 AM
After a long time of sitting in my garage. I finally isntalled my KYB AGX 5-way adjustable struts along with Tein S-Tech springs good for a 2.2" in the front and 1.8" in the back.

Most people with this suspension setup, says its bad and harsh, but so far its been nothing but smooth. The drop makes the car look so much better, and body roll has almost disapeared. The ride is a little bumpy at time but I'm still playing with different settings to get the optimal ride.

I have to worry about clearance now, something I didnt really have to worry about with my stock setup. Especially comming out of my driveway I scape my mudflaps every time.

Just wanted to share a little info about the new suspension on my car. 96 Nissan Maxima.

Now clutch and tranny is next to deal with :doh:

02lx
11-20-2005, 10:57 AM
good job, I just installed my tein S-type for a 1.5 in both front and rear, it is really a much better ride, I still have to get better tires, I am still on stock everything else, but that was a good move :goodjob:

Fr33way
12-10-2005, 02:38 AM
I agree, they are nice!

PSINXS
12-10-2005, 02:21 PM
yup i got a set on the 240 and they deliver a great ride.

mp5o
12-10-2005, 09:46 PM
yup i got a set on the 240 and they deliver a great ride.

Yea, and thats about all they deliver. Don't expect to *carve up the road* too well w/those springs ;)

PSINXS
12-12-2005, 10:22 AM
of course not lol going to buy the flex system if this doesnt work out at the drag strip

Mdeezy
12-18-2005, 07:35 PM
well . . .the S-techs are gone and D2 racing coilovers took their place.

Great ride, fully adjustable, just plain sexy. Nothing like tucking your stock wheels!

I love these coilovers.

turbosx©
12-20-2005, 09:28 AM
hey mdeezy can i get a ride in your car?im thinkin bout gettin sum coilovers for my max even the d2 or ksports i wanna see what it rides like?

BarnDog296
12-20-2005, 02:48 PM
what made you take out the S-Techs? I am looking at that setup right now... did you have problems with them or what?

Mdeezy
12-25-2005, 12:07 AM
hey mdeezy can i get a ride in your car?im thinkin bout gettin sum coilovers for my max even the d2 or ksports i wanna see what it rides like?

Sure. I just have need to tweak the coilover a little bit, stiffen them up and get an alignment, but sure Its a pretty damn nice ride. Especially for being so low.

I wouldnt know which one to suggest, I've heard people love their D2's and people love their Ksports. Steven88 on the org, has had both (d2s then Ksport) maybe PM him and ask him why he switched.

what made you take out the S-Techs? I am looking at that setup right now... did you have problems with them or what?

I took them out because some wanted to trade their suspension setup (D2's) for my AGX w/S-tech. So it all went down, meet up, and swapped suspension. I enjoyed the S-techs while I had them, they were great to me. I hadnt adjusted the Struts for optimal ride but it was pretty nice on 2F 4R stiffness.

Check in the GD section on the Org, Ksport just came out with a new springs for our cars that provides a S-tech drop but instead of a 1.8"R (s-techs) its a 2" drop in the rear. Some one has purchased a set and will be the test subject and provide a full review.

S-techs were a good ride, but I felt the stiff thought. Maybe adjusting the struts to a softer setup, plus if you have stock wheels, it will help a lot with all that side wall to eat up bumps.

turbosx©
01-04-2006, 07:04 PM
pm for me the ride if ya serious