PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Attempted a tire change at walmart...

Mafdark
03-12-2011, 06:38 PM
I had to pick up a few things today as well as finally get the snow tires off my daily. So I decided to go to walmart and get everything done in one shot. I tossed my summer tires in the back of the car and headed off. The auto center told me it would be about an hour before they could get my car in but they could do the tire change/balance for $50.

So I wondered around the store for an hour and picked up the things I needed, then checked my car, which was still in the lot and hadn't even been pulled in yet.

Another hour and a half later and they finally called me over to the auto center, I expected everything to be all set for a simple tire swap on stock wheels, but no of course they had an issue. The woman at the counter told me they didn't have the right tool to take off my lugs.
me: "um excuse me? They're stock lugs and not keyed"
her: "yes, well the socket didn't fit"
me: "did you try the tire iron in the spare tire tool kit in the trunk"
her: "they're not allowed to use any tools that are not their own"

holy fuck what a waste of time. I don't understand how they didn't have a 17mm socket that could fit. My thick walled 17mm impact socket fits with plenty of room to spare.

Just another reminder of why I should avoid walmart at all costs.

-EnVus-
03-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Just another reminder of why I should avoid walmart at all costs.
Yeah this is common cause they break a lot of tools or workers steal them....No reason to blame the whole store though id still shop there lol

SLow_POke
03-12-2011, 07:22 PM
lol, they prob didnt want to do it. we got a few customers who used to frequent the walamrt auto center, similar issues. but who know im sure they get a lot of our old customers.

Sneezin
03-13-2011, 05:13 AM
haha i might call the head office for that one, how does a tire changing facility not have the proper tools to change tires? very unprofessional!

Mafdark
03-13-2011, 06:54 PM
haha i might call the head office for that one, how does a tire changing facility not have the proper tools to change tires? very unprofessional!

Exactly! Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Echonova
03-15-2011, 11:03 PM
Where did this happen? Because you don't need snow tires in Georgia...

LIKEG6
03-18-2011, 11:31 AM
He's from NY and just moved to GA echo

Mafdark
03-20-2011, 08:14 PM
He's from NY and just moved to GA echo

bingo. I love the looks I get when I use the terms "snow tires" and "summer tires" around here. lol

A.A
03-20-2011, 09:14 PM
bingo. I love the looks I get when I use the terms "snow tires" and "summer tires" around here. lol

My "winter tires" stay on my subaru... I dont drive the subaru in the summer lol.