PDA

View Full Version : Live from Japan from the 8.9 earthquake.

YoTa_BoX
03-11-2011, 07:10 AM
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/foxtokimekitonight

I know most of you wont be able to understand what is said, but the footage of the devastation speaks for it self.

Prayers go out to all effected.

Evil Goat
03-11-2011, 09:04 AM
prayers don't accomplish anything....donate to the relief efforts if you really want to help

Bajjani
03-11-2011, 10:21 AM
prayers don't accomplish anything....donate to the relief efforts if you really want to help

Are you trying to tell someone their faith is worthless? Just asking.

msanch24
03-11-2011, 10:36 AM

lol i'm gonna go ahead and second this.

msanch24
03-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Are you trying to tell someone their faith is worthless? Just asking.

While it seems that you'e dramatizing the situation, yes, this appears to be the general gist of his comment. Those people don't need some miracle or grace from god. They need money to rebuild, to start over. And to the person who doesn't believe, asking them to pray just seems like a half assed solution. Hope i didn't offend here, just offering the atheist POV.

Bajjani
03-11-2011, 11:00 AM
While it seems that you'e dramatizing the situation, yes, this appears to be the general gist of his comment. Those people don't need some miracle or grace from god. They need money to rebuild, to start over. And to the person who doesn't believe, asking them to pray just seems like a half assed solution. Hope i didn't offend here, just offering the atheist POV.

I'm not saying I disagree money would help them but I'm also a religious person and believe in the power of prayers. So I don't think you can say one is worthless, and any good intention should never be insulted.

msanch24
03-11-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm not saying I disagree money would help them but I'm also a religious person and believe in the power of prayers. So I don't think you can say one is worthless, and any good intention should never be insulted.

True, and I hope you don't feel that i insulted prayer.

Evil Goat
03-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Prayer is a trendy thing to do and say when a tragedy happens. There are very few people I would ask to pray for me in a time of need....if you are a "religious person" you'll know that prayer, that will be listened to, is a privilege and not a right. Those whose sins have separated them from God and have not asked for forgiveness can pray but the Bible clearly states the prayers will fall on deaf ears.

The privilege of prayer is only given to a faithful follower of God through obedience to Jesus Christ or the sinner with a good and noble heart, seeking after truth and righteousness.

So if you're not a close follower of Christ and follow him with all your heart and faith your "prayers" are useless....

I am of the opinion that very very few people exist who's prayers can be answered....so most of you would be better off donating to a relief effort, I'm no Bible thumper....I don't even attend church, it's just my opinion

Browning151
03-11-2011, 01:30 PM
inb4 this gets moved to the religion section now. Why even address that in a thread about an earthquake? He didn't ask for anyone to say a prayer, just stated that he would.

Evil Goat
03-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks for your input...it was as useless as 95% of all the prayers sent up today for the people of Japan

JessAlba452
03-11-2011, 01:43 PM
This is terrible. :( Both prayers and donations are needed in reality to help them get things back to near normal.

I'll post a link so that this can be passed on. Post it on your Facebook/Twitter pages. Anyone can donate to the Red Cross to help bring relief to the country.

https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?idb=0&5052.donation=form1&df_id=5052
1-800-418-1111
Donations can also be made online via smartphone, or by texting REDCROSS or ROUGE to 30333 for a $5 donation.

Bajjani
03-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Prayer is a trendy thing to do and say when a tragedy happens. There are very few people I would ask to pray for me in a time of need....if you are a "religious person" you'll know that prayer, that will be listened to, is a privilege and not a right. Those whose sins have separated them from God and have not asked for forgiveness can pray but the Bible clearly states the prayers will fall on deaf ears.

The privilege of prayer is only given to a faithful follower of God through obedience to Jesus Christ or the sinner with a good and noble heart, seeking after truth and righteousness.

So if you're not a close follower of Christ and follow him with all your heart and faith your "prayers" are useless....

I am of the opinion that very very few people exist who's prayers can be answered....so most of you would be better off donating to a relief effort, I'm no Bible thumper....I don't even attend church, it's just my opinion

And of all Christian denominations only Baptists take the bible literally. Yet last I checked Baptists don't believe in confession in the sense that you confess your sins and pray for forgiveness the same way Catholics do. I could be mistaken but you just mixed two beliefs into one argument. Either way, prayers and thoughts with them.

On a side note, stop being ignorant towards peoples beliefs, if someone believes praying helps, then I beg of them to pray and be true about their beliefs, whether I agree it helps or not. Ignorance is stupidity.

Browning151
03-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Thanks for your input...it was as useless as 95% of all the prayers sent up today for the people of Japan

As was all of yours for even focusing on someones beliefs in a thread about an earthquake.

Blitanicle99
03-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Been watching it all day. Some of the videos are just ridiculous.

BanginJimmy
03-11-2011, 03:05 PM
And of all Christian denominations only Baptists take the bible literally.

On a side note, stop being ignorant towards peoples beliefs,

hmmmmm. Something seems a bit off here.

-EnVus-
03-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Josh, this comment disappointed me friend :(

Got Milk?
03-11-2011, 09:15 PM
I would pray for them, but won't to any good. They don't believe in my god.

Bajjani
03-11-2011, 11:10 PM
hmmmmm. Something seems a bit off here.

How is that off? Baptist believe that the bible is the Word of God, all other Christian Denominations believe the Bible is a written after the time of Jesus as a book to live by w/morals.

Did I miss something? Is that in some way being ignorant or rude?

BanginJimmy
03-12-2011, 11:04 AM
How is that off? Baptist believe that the bible is the Word of God, all other Christian Denominations believe the Bible is a written after the time of Jesus as a book to live by w/morals.

Its ignorant because every other christian religion believes their denomination is the right way and all the others are wrong just like you.

Oh and the fact that you say its ignorant to judge someones beliefs as you judge others beliefs.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Got Milk?
03-12-2011, 01:28 PM

Depends what version of the Bible you and others have. hahahhahahahahhahahah

Bajjani
03-13-2011, 04:42 AM
Its ignorant because every other christian religion believes their denomination is the right way and all the others are wrong just like you.

Oh and the fact that you say its ignorant to judge someones beliefs as you judge others beliefs.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Where did I say what denomination I was? Or where did I say which denomination was right or wrong? Where did I judge ANYTHING? I state a simple truth, that doesn't throw judgement on any denomination. The Baptist belief is the bible is the word of God. Other denominations it is a book written by man. How is that casting judgement?

I will say this, you're an idiot.

FasTech
03-13-2011, 08:45 AM
I'm not picking or choosing sides, but I understand where Josh is coming from. Yeah, I also agree that some prayers are needed, but somewhere down the road.. Japan is only going to be built back up on money.

Sneezin
03-13-2011, 09:01 AM
just a couple of questions. the point of praying to "god" on this situation is for him to help, or have mercy on these people that were affected by this event? if so, why did "god" even let this happen to them in the first place? so by you praying to him you are telling him you feel what he did was wrong?

Dirty Octopus™
03-13-2011, 10:10 AM
I would pray for them, but won't to any good. They don't believe in my god.
if your god is Jehovah there are at least 3 million Japanese that believe in him too.

FasTech
03-13-2011, 11:48 AM
just a couple of questions. the point of praying to "god" on this situation is for him to help, or have mercy on these people that were affected by this event? if so, why did "god" even let this happen to them in the first place? so by you praying to him you are telling him you feel what he did was wrong?

The human race plays a big role on why these things are happening, not God. We shit on this world and show no respect. Our air is filled with so much polution, waste in our waters, etc etc. You don't think mother nature will strike back at us for how we treat her? If so, you're a dumbass. Now, this is not my writings, its the bible's. It states in the bible that all these tragic events are meant to be. That the world in now slowly coming to an end. Believe what you want, thats not my decision, its yours. But if you do infact somewhat believe in God and/or the bible, it dates back to Adam and Eve not listening and doing what God asking them not to do. So, don't blame God, blame your kind.

Sneezin
03-13-2011, 12:05 PM
The human race plays a big role on why these things are happening, not God. We shit on this world and show no respect. Our air is filled with so much polution, waste in our waters, etc etc. You don't think mother nature will strike back at us for how we treat her? If so, you're a dumbass. Now, this is not my writings, its the bible's. It states in the bible that all these tragic events are meant to be. That the world in now slowly coming to an end. Believe what you want, thats not my decision, its yours. But if you do infact somewhat believe in God and/or the bible, it dates back to Adam and Eve not listening and doing what God asking them not to do. So, don't blame God, blame your kind.

wait wait, i did not blame god, and i dont blame no one for this. i have the bible on my kitchen table, if i dont read some every day i read it every other day.

all i did is ask some questions to get answers, and i didnt get answers

YoTa_BoX
03-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Holy shit, make a post hoping for the well being of people dealing with a tragedy and alls yall can talk about is religion.

bravo on derailing the subject. Then again, this is IA whores Lounge we are talking about here.

My only reasoning was to help get the word out about the tragedy going on. I know some smart ass will say, Aduh..its not like its not all over every news channel out there.

People will bitch and try to stir shit up about everything.

Carry on people.

Got Milk?
03-13-2011, 12:56 PM
if your god is Jehovah there are at least 3 million Japanese that believe in him too.

Je................who? lol

quickdodge®
03-13-2011, 01:34 PM
It states in the bible that all these tragic events are meant to be.

I can make predictions. Does that make me a God?

"It will rain and lightening will strike in the future!"

There you go. I should write a book of my predictions so people will think I'm some sort of higher being.

Of course, many people already think I'm a higher being. Later, QD.

Skorcher
03-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Je................who? lol

I see what you did there.

K20Z1
03-14-2011, 08:47 PM
hope maria ozawa is okay

and i guess my jdm parts wont be here for a while

Got Milk?
03-15-2011, 11:47 PM
I can make predictions. Does that make me a God?

"It will rain and lightening will strike in the future!"

There you go. I should write a book of my predictions so people will think I'm some sort of higher being.

Of course, many people already think I'm a higher being. Later, QD.

I see what you did there.

What happened in Japan is just the way planet Earth works. Not sure about Jupiter and Mars and all other planets. If some of you don't know how earthquakes are formed, hit google. It's funny when people "predict" stuff that happens just because it's how things work. Like QD predicting it will rain and storm in the future. Prediction, no. Common sense, yes.

K20Z1
03-16-2011, 12:00 AM
it rained all day today and i just washed my car

shoulda hit up weatherchannel to predict :/

Vteckidd
03-21-2011, 10:07 PM
i think his point is the 103128430820 Facebook statuses where people say "OMG PRAYING FOR THE PEOPLE OF JAPAN"

Its like if they post they are "praying" then thats their maximum point of interest and move on about your regular day.

If you are religious say a prayer nothing wrong with that. But if you REALLY want to help, donate money to the red cross.

Dont be trendy, just help out. If you cant afford to donate, then pray